Gas Express / Rude Counterman

7424 SR-54New Port Richey, FL, United States Review updated:
I don't believe I have ever been to this station before and that will be the last time. I went to get gas and I was going to fill up. Assuming all stations are pre-pay, I go in and pre-pay $50. I go out and pump my gas and only used $44.60 out of the $50. I go in and wait my turn to get my change. He hands me a $5 bill and I start to walk away but wait there should be change. I tell him this is not right you still owe me $0.40. His response was "oh well I never usually give out the change". I'm sorry but who doesn't want all of there change. Especially at a time like this. He was very rude and I don't plan on stopping there ever again.
D

Comments

Lo
  28th of Mar, 2010
I just purchased gas at this location today. In the past, when I have asked them to do charge vs. debit, they have attempted to push me to use debit stating that it cost them money to do a charge. I receive rewards on my debit card for using charge so I insisted that they do the charge. This morning I pumped $25. Worth of gas and purchased a paper. The total charge on my receipt was $26.07. When I got home and looked at the pending charge online it was for $27. I called my bank and they said this didn't sound correct as they charge a $1. transaction fee which shows up as a separate charge and is refunded when the gas station processes the transaction. So it seems that these guys have figured out a way of passing their fee to use credit on to their customers without the customer's knowledge. This is illegal and I plan on confronting them about it, as well as, reporting it to my bank and the state attorney's office. I know it is only .96 cents but that is their price for doing business not mine. It is a shame because their gas is usually cheaper then everywhere else but I guess I just found out why. .7 cents cheaper per gallon does not mean to much when they are sticking you for .96 cents which means I actually paid .89 cents more per gallon.