Garmin / no help with problem

FL, US Review updated:

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 1450 in April, 2011; I also bought the official Garmin case. It worked fine, even on our most recent trip until suddenly it didn't. The touch screen stopped working, and we realized the screen was cracked. The device had never left our car and was not dropped. I called Garmin and was informed there was nothing they would do...screens are not even covered by warranty if the warranty had still been in effect. This was our third Garmin GPS...I'm looking for Tom Tom or other alternatives now.
I expected better from a large, supposedly reputable company.

Sa

Comments

• Wm
      Apr 13, 2009
    Garmin - Garmin Nuvi 350
    Garmin
    clifton.[protected]@garmin.com
    garmin.com

I bought a Garmin GPS device for my car. It freezes up all of the time. I've spent months trying to get Garmin to respond. They finally did. Now, they want me to pay for shipping on returning the defective device!

Stay away from Garmin.

• Na
      Jun 05, 2009

I definitely understand where you are coming from. I had a similar experience with a different company. I did some research and it appears that most if not ALL of the other GPS companies have a similar or more strick warranty policy. In fact check out Magellan's Warranty Policy at: http://www.magellangps.com/assets/magellan_warranty_NA.pdf

TomTom's Warranty Policy at: http://www.tomtom.com/lib/doc/legal/lw/LW-English-US%20CAN.pdf

The other companies have a much more strick policy when it comes down to returning a device for repair or exchange.

Jun 27, 2009
    Garmin - Battery Failure
    Garmin
    Lumberton
    New Jersey
    Phone: [protected]

After two years and one month, my Garmin Nuvi 360 was updated for lifetime maps at a cost of $129 earlier this month, and within 10 days the battery failed, it unfit for portable use. I am out $129. Garmin declined to make any accommodation. DON'T BUY GARMIN.

Aug 21, 2009
    Garmin - No response
    x
    United Kingdom

I purchased my Garmin Forerunner 2 years ago and looked after well.
    It stopped working in the last month. I have sent two messages to technical support and made a complaint last week. I have heard absolutely nothing back. How rubbish are Garmin?? I am not buying another of their low quality products now.

Feb 03, 2011

THERE CUSTOMER SUPPORT EQUALS THE PRODUCT

• Mo
      Dec 24, 2011

MY NEW GARMIN HAS ME DO A U-TURN IN FRONT OF THE PLACE I AM GOING TO AND SENDS ME ON A 3 MILE LOOP AROUND AND BACK TO WHERE I WAS. IT HAS DONE THIS ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT DESTINATIONS. THE VOLLUMN IS LOW EVEN ON HIGH. DOES NOT ALWAYS HAVE MY PHONE BOOK NUMBERS, SLOW TO SEARCH. HAS THE WORST SEARCH ENGINE. I WAS LOOKING FOR EVERGREEN FORD AND IT COULD NOT FIND IT. GOOGLE IT AND THERE IT IS. PUT THE ADDRESS IN AND IT BRINGS IT UP WITH THE NAME. WHAT THE F...BAD PRODUCT. WAS GOING TO BUY AN AVIATION ONE FOR MY CESSANA 182 BUT NO WAY IN HELL, I WOULD END UP WITH FIGHTERS SHOOTING ME DOWN WHEN I VIOLATED RESTRICTED AIR SPACE!!!

•   Oct 23, 2012

I have owned 2 Garmin GPS units and have never had a problem with customer service or up dating the units

Oct 23, 2012

Me neither...until my third unit.

• Pa
      Jan 31, 2013

Garmin Nuvi 1450 will not charge. One week out of warranty. I approached Garmin twice and my request for a solution was acknowledged with advice they'd be back to me in three days. Absolutely nil further response.

•   Jan 31, 2013

Been using Garman for 10 yrs. never had a problem.