Garmin Internationalgarmin south africa

Dear Sirs

I have been battling with Garmin South Africa to obtain an upgrade on my Garmin 520 (which has become defective), to a Garmin 1030 with extra batter pack, as per the below correspondence thread, however, to no avail.

They have failed to supply me with Garmin International's contact details, so that I can take the matter further, although requested. I am now resorting to Garmin International's anonymous complaints line, trusting that you may be of assistance.

From: Marius van Staden
Sent: Thursday, 22 November 2018 09:05
To: 'Pretorius, Jacques'
Subject: RE: GDA Repair Quotation: Job Ref. 61866

Dear Jacques

Thank you for your e-mail.

I asked that my e-mail be forwarded to Garmin International. Garmin SA undertook to do so.

Kindly do so, that I can directly communicate with Garmin International.

Director
E-mail : [protected]@savage.co.za

We Are Moving:
Our new address from 26th November 2018 will be:
King's Gate
5, 10th Street, (corner of Brooklyn Road & Justice Mahomed Street)
Menlo Park,
Pretoria,
Our telephone number, fax number, docex and postal address will remain the same.

Note:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender immediately and destroy the original. Savage Jooste and Adams Inc accepts no liability of whatever nature for any loss, liability, damage or expense resulting directly or indirectly from access to this message and any files or links that are attached hereto. This e-mail is opened strictly at your own risk.

From: Pretorius, Jacques [mailto:Jacques.[protected]@garmin.com]
Sent: Thursday, 22 November 2018 07:31
To: Marius van Staden
Subject: RE: GDA Repair Quotation: Job Ref. 61866

Hi Marius

Garmin does unfortunately not run any trade in or upgrade programs.

The service part replacement unit offered is a fixed repair rate for a replacement unit.
The unit offered is quoted on a like for like model.
As the edge 520 is still a service part that is available the current replacement model for the edge 520 on our out of warranty replacement offered will be the Edge 520 again.

Please bear in mind that the unit offered is a means to a replacement of a unserviceable product received.
The unit offered is in line with Garmin international out of warranty Fixed repair rates offered.

Should you wish to acquire an Edge 1030 one will need to be purchased at retail level.
Garmin would not be able to offer a trade in and pay in towards any other models than quoted.

Jacques Pretorius
Product Support Administrator

Garmin Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd | http://www.garmin.co.za
Phone: +[protected]
The Mall Offices, Office 802 - 8th floor, 11 Cradock Ave, Rosebank, Johannesburg

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be Garmin confidential and/or Garmin legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.

From: Marius van Staden
Sent: Wednesday, 21 November 2018 11:02 AM
To: Pretorius, Jacques
Subject: FW: GDA Repair Quotation: Job Ref. 61866

Dear Josh

I refer to the attached quotation and our discussion just now.

I confirm my request that the unit not be repaired, but that I instead be quoted on an upgrade in respect of a Garmin 1030 with extra battery pack. I confirm your having informed me that Garmin International does not have an upgrade policy.

I confirm having requested you for the e-mail details of Garmin International, that I can directly request them for an upgrade. You undertook to forward my e-mail to Garmin International.

I have owned the Garmin 520 sent in for repairs, for approximately five years now. I believe the unit has come to the end of its functional and useful life. I wish to replace it with another Garmin product, the Garmin 1030. I believe that recognition should be given for the fact that I have owned a Garmin product for a lengthy period of time, and that although the Garmin product has packed up, I nonetheless wish to remain a Garmin customer. However, the price differential of the Garmin 1030 is approximately two and a half times more than what I paid for the Garmin 520. I don't believe that the price differential is justified, hence my request for an upgrade.

If it is not possible to provide for a cost effective upgrade, I shall have to consider other manufacturers. However, I trust it won't be necessary to do so and look forward to hearing from Garmin International.

Director
E-mail : [protected]@savage.co.za

We Are Moving:
Our new address from 26th November 2018 will be:
King's Gate
5, 10th Street, (corner of Brooklyn Road & Justice Mahomed Street)
Menlo Park,
Pretoria,

Note:

-----Original Message-----
From: [protected]@garmin.co.za [mailto:[protected]@garmin.co.za]
Sent: Wednesday, 21 November 2018 10:24
To: Marius van Staden
Subject: GDA Repair Quotation: Job Ref. 61866

Please find attached quotation for repair of Edge 520 - Heart Rate Monitor Bundle with Serial Number 43V023926.

Fault Description : Faulty display pix, lines, back -

Technical Report: Reported fault
display is blank

Display failure
unit is unrepairable

please see attached fixed repair rate quotation attached for a replacement device

Additional Remarks: Please note: A Service Part replacement refers to a device which could be a new device or a factory overhauled device in non-retail packaging which complies with Garmin International's Quality standards.

Please ensure that your payment reflects your Garmin Service Call number :61866

Please contact 0861 GARMIN (427646) for queries.

Quotations must be accepted in writing within 30 days.

Repairs not collected within 6 months will be sold to defray expenses.

________________________________