Gardners Choice / Terrible customer service

United States Review updated:

I will turn them into the BBB and the States Attorney for double charging me with no refunds yet in TWO months. Customer service tells you lies IF they even answer the phone, which they are good at NOT doing. I got thru twice and was told the same batch of lies, so now I will let my attorney get my refund back for me. The product sucked and was not worth all this hassle. I learned a hard lesson so please DO NOT do business with them. You will not like the so called service you get from them, or the product either.
Va

Comments

So
  7th of May, 2007

Gardners Choice - Tomato tree

Feb 2,07, I ordered 2 Hummingbird vines. I've received back my canceled check which was cashed on 2/26/07. As of today, May 7, 07 I have never received my order. I'd like to know just where it is, and when will it be shipped to me.
De
  17th of May, 2007
I ordered tomato tree's a month and a half ago from gardeners' choice and paid for and also paid postage on them. As of yet have not received nothing. Try calling not receiving calls? Try emailing them, get this postmaster error? SO, FOR IS BEEN DONE FOR THE COMPANY SCAMMING THEIR CUSTOMERS or can the government do anything about it? Or is their policy ok to scam their customers by adv. the product.
Su
  22nd of Apr, 2008
I mailed off an order on March 20, 2008 for 2 or 3 different kinds of tomatoes and a fruit salad tree and have not yet recieved it. My bank statement Shows the check for $42.89 and I want to know when they are going ti ship my plants.It is time to plant them now. Please E-mail me back.

Susan Thomason
1621 Tunsel Rd.
Hartselle, Al. 356406744
  29th of Apr, 2008
I ordered 3 "giant tomato tree plants" from Gardners Choice. I recieved the order last week, my "PLANTS'" are three peat pots with planting medium and maybe three seeds, couldn't tell for sure since they were dumped in the plastic wrap.
I start seeds the end of March first of April, this is totally unacceptable.

So far they have declined to answer my letters and complaints. Is this the way they operate?
Le
  13th of May, 2008
This company needs to be filed suit against. I placed an order back on April 17th for some grass seed. My check cleared in less than a week. My order - never showed up. I have called on several occasions through out the day - never an answer it is always a busy signal. I have sent email after email to the customer service department - and no answer on those either. It was sure easy for them to take my money and cash it - but obviously difficult for them to send me the items ordered. This is a completely unacceptable business.
  19th of May, 2008
I ORDERED A GROUP OF PLANTS AND THEY ARE SENDING EACH PLANT SEPERATE WITHSEPERATE SHIPPING CHARGES.
PHONE IS BUSY FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.'
NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH.I ALSO RECIEVED SOME PLANTS WHICH WERE DRIED OUT AND COULD NOT BRING THEM BACK, POOR SHIPPING CONDITION AND PACKING.
JOE BEVINS
Va
  22nd of May, 2008

81961 County Rd.687 South Box8000
Michigan

I ordered 3 tubs each of 6 different types of tomato's, but there were only tomato's in only 4 tubs. I checked the other tubs [small pots]and found NO tomato's in any of the other 14 pots. I sat on hold for over 20 minutes on the telephone then they dropped my call. Most of the time I couldn't even get through, no matter the time of day I also had no success over the internet. Frustrated!!
To
  23rd of May, 2008
I ordered some grass seed months ago and my account just got debited. No way to contact company or even get confirmation it was sent. I agree it's a shoddy way to do business. You can file a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General with your state enough complaints and the may sue the company for. I'm going to wait and see about my grass seed. But if it's not up to par and I can't get a refund I'm going after them with the full intent to put them out of business.
Sh
  5th of Jun, 2008

81961 County Rd. 687 South P.O. Box 8000
Phone: 1-269-621-2481

On May 11, 2998, I ordered 4 Topsy Turvey Tomato Hangers. It is June6, 2008, and I have still not received my order. I sent customer service two emails to inquire on the status of my order, and stilo have not gotten a response. I have called the customer service number, and once I choose to speak to someone in customer service, the line goes quiet, and no one ever takes my call. Is this a bogus site?
Sh
  5th of Jun, 2008
I understand your frustration! I, too can never get a hold of anyone at the "customer service" number on listed on the internet. They say that they don't mail flowers during certain times of the year depending on the temperature, but what I ordered was a tomato grower. It should have been shipped out within a week! I have also emailed them twice, and have not gotten a response. I am going to put a stop on my credit card!
Ju
  9th of Jun, 2008
I ordered 1 bag of grass seed for 19.96 and the 2nd bag for only 6.95 which would total 26.91. on 5/20/08 they charged my 67.70 and then on 6/5 they charged me 59.95. All automatically taken out of my checking as I used my check card to order. I did received 2 small bags of grass seed. I tried to call customer service and have only received a busy signal. I got the bank to take off the second charge from Gardners Choice, but still got ripped off.
Ga
  16th of Jun, 2008
Your recent shipment order no 4812949
Received on 6-16-2008
Was received too late to plant.
Do you want them retured or give me a refund.
Either way this shipment is unacceptable
Best regards
Gary Smith
La
  18th of Jun, 2008
I ordered some trees from Gardners Choice. The check was sent in and cashed 2 months ago and I still haven't received my plants. Do not order from them!!!
  26th of Jul, 2008

Gardners Choice - Not what we ordered
Phone: 1-800-710-3504
www.gardenerschoice.com

We ordered one (1) five pound bag of grass seed and received five(5) five pound bags of grass seed and other bags that we didn't order. What was supposed to cost us $39.95 cost us $267.45. We just received our bank statement and found out. They did not send any invoice and we can't get them back by phone because every time I call the # that was given on T.V. you only get a recording that only pertains to orders and nothing else. You cannot get a person to talk to on that line. I want something done about this as we are in the process of hiring an attorney.
Jj
  30th of Aug, 2008
I j jamieson ordered one tree tomato plant 10 dollars +sh I was charged 21.90 twice I never received anything from them but did get charged for other thing from companies that i never heared of gardners choice gave my bank card no. to other companies
Ri
  11th of Nov, 2008
My order #4502577 of item #p13455-lavender-customer #4502577. Only 1/2 lived. The rest have only grown to a height of 4"-5"-no blooming at all.

Please advise !!!Richard Bell
Wd
  24th of Nov, 2008
Gardeners' Choice took my money twice on orders and sent me nothing. I ordered Paulownia trees and several items on a separate order including tomato plants of several types. Nothing was ever sent and they refused to answer my letters.
Ch
  1st of Apr, 2009
I ordered tomato plants in winter. I never recieved anything. Their Web front does not let check the status of order ("time-out error" - whatever that is!). When e-mailed to cancel the order, they claimed order has been shipped and can not be cancelled.
Further e-mails to obtain order details (shipping date/tracking no) went unanswered. Their phone gets disconnected. These guys are scammers.
If
  27th of Apr, 2009
I ordered the basic $10 deal and when my credit card statement arrived the amount was $69.

On a conference call with Gardener's Choice and the credit card dispute department, the gardener's choice

rep agreed to cancel all charges if I refused the shipment.

I refused the shipment but the post office trail shows no arrival at gardener's choice.

I believe there is something dishonest going on.

Gardener's choice may have been doing the scanning and discarded the shipment.AA

I have the refusal receipt from the post office.
Sa
  14th of Apr, 2010

Gardners Choice - Rip off
Gardners Choice

Do not buy they rip you off you will not get back your money and you will spend all kind of time on it.like a iddot i tried them twice but both time it was only 21.00 which was enough not including the time tring to get the seeds to sprout which never happen!take my advice or dont you can waste your money to!!!you can not get a hold of them from email and if you do find out a phone # you will spend hours tring to get your money back and it will not happen i can not believe i did it again.