Garage-in-a-box / Help

We purchased a 12x24x8 garage in a box in June of 2004. We purchased it for extra storage and to use at our sons graduation party.
It was great. This October on a windy day the all weather cover tore and ahs ripped right off. The frame is still in the same place
we anchored it. But the canvas covering is all torn. We thought that when we bought it that it would last more then two years.
Now all our stuff that was covered is now getting rained and snowed on. We can't believe it only lasted 2 years. If it wasn't meant
to be placed in the country winds you should of put that in the booklet. The Model # is 62650 the date on the booklet is even 3-22-04.
We bought it from BJ's wholesale club and we put it on our charge card so I know when we bought it plus my son graduated 2004.
We aren't even interested in how much a new cover would cost because if we purchase a new cover and it only lasts 2 years we
would be even more upset. The back panel is still standing and the front door tore right off and is still connectted to the front two poles.
Any information you can give us on what to do will be appreciated because we really need to cover our stuff. Like our old camaro.

Br
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Le
      30th of Jan, 2010

I had a similar experience to the complaint on 5-13-09. We purchased our garage this past summer and one whole side is now torn and it is only the end of Jan. Don't know if I should bother ordering a replacement cover?

• Or
      2nd of May, 2015

These garage in a box products are descent but not high quality portable garages like the others available. They are best used in low wind and low snow regions. They are discounted for a reason! If you wanted something mire sturdy that last, I'd recommend the Shelterlogic 9 oz garage kits at www.originalshelters.com/ - They are very well built and typically last 5-7 years and can withstand the environment!