[Resolved] Gap Studios$800 gift voucher

Beware at all costs!!! Do not visit this studio if you are presented with a gift voucher!!!

I too am subject to this $800 gift voucher scam that Gap Studios is essentially running. After purchasing a car from Kia we were sent a Gap Studios gift voucher to the value of $800. On booking my session I enquired whether the amount ($800) would cover the photo session and actually include an image. I was told this was the case. A couple of days before the shoot I was rung by Larissa to confirm mine and my families attendance. I asked again whether the $800 voucher would cover an image. I was assured yes it was included.

Once we got to the studio we spent an hour with the photographer and then proceeded into another room with a designer to see the images. To my surprise when I asked for the price I was told a set of 3 images framed (44x16inch) would be $3000 AUD!!! This is outrageous. My mother who is in her late 60's and I were essentially conned into paying $3085 for 3 images in one frame plus 5 digital copies of photos from the day.

We were told we would loose the images captured if we didn't decide then and there and we felt extremely pressured. The way they rope you in is with the voucher and no mention of these ridiculous prices are mentioned via telephone or on their website purposely.

Instead of a wonderful memory that these images should have provided every time I look at them I am reminded how I was victim to a scam.

• Resolution statement

I was concerned when I saw the other negative reviews on here but as it turns out, the GAP customer service team were extremely efficient in their response and they went above and beyond to keep both me and my family happy. They were really understanding in regards to my situation and we are now very happy customers/ GAP Studios did an amazing job overall and we loved the experience and especially the superior photography. I would recommend GAP to everyone!

Ai