Gandy Home Improvements / Deceptive Business Practices

432 Hastings StElgin, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 847-363-5758
After contacting Gandy in order to have a new roof put on my home I agreed to having them do the job based on service promised, cost of job, as well as time till job could be completed. After giving them
$4300 down on the job and two reschedules of start time they have cashed my check and now have their phones disconnected. Today I reached another company at Gandy's phone number and was told that Gandy has "gone out of business" and will be contacted by a lawyer to ensure that I get my money back. Do Not enter any type agreement with Gandy as of 8-13-08.

Comments

Th
  14th of Aug, 2008
people i am one of the installers who worked for gandy and gandy gave us installers job to do wich we did they payed us for a few jobs by check and there checks bounced and the other jobs wich were done within the few weeks we never seen any money so basicaly we were all stiffed by gandy that total ed to about $90, 000 dollars that are owned to us installer we did reacive check but they bounced just like gandy did, and we are havin a hard time gettin paid becase of so called lawyers that dont know notthin so stay away from these non proffesinol people but i guess they were just rip offs now there trying to protect themselves by usin the bankrupt laws let not let them get the best of us thanks
An
  12th of Sep, 2008
Gandy Home Improvements screwed me over. From the beginning of the job, which was a nightmare to begin with. At the end of the job when I thought the nightmare would be over, a shock to me, that was only the beginning. I received a loan which paid Gandy $8, 000 dollars in full and currently making payments on my loan. Well, one of Gandys crew is demanding money owed to him by Gandy, I refused to pay. Now, I am being harrassed and threatened by Kevin Pollins and now he put a lien on my home for non payment of Gandy. Gandy needs to pay their people off, I refuse to pay anymore towards the nightmare that I was thrown into.
Li
  6th of Jan, 2009
I was also screwed!! I made an insurance claim to replace my window and decided to put extra towards having a Bay window installed. Gandy came out and gave me an estimate. I agreed to the work and they told me, I would have to put 20% down as a mimume for them to order the window. After 4 weeks time they would call me for the date to install it. I had not heard from them after noticing my check was cashed immediatly. When I called them after 6 weeks of waiting, I reached another company explaining to me that Gandy went out of business and they would do the work for me after having another estimate. When they came out, they quoted me 4 times the amount and let me make my choice. Gandy took $200 from me.

I would only like the money back or the window installed. I am a single mom with 3 kids and have been out of work for almost 2 years. My window had a bullet hole causing me to need it replaced. I wanted the window replaced before winter.. instead I ended up putting plastic on my windows to stop the air, whistling and ice from forming. I can barely afford life, and then this happend. WHAT A LET DOWN!!!
Ic
  21st of Jan, 2009
i agree - gandy has taken me for a ice ride. I got a new roof and you would not believe the ice dam that is on my roof- gutters. Oh my goodness it is scary. Tonight I find out they are out of business. I have do idea what I am to do now. Wow.
If
  20th of May, 2009
I had fiberglass windows installed in 10/07 and I did get a little bit of a run around. They took forever to call with the install date I had to keep calling them to find out when they were going to install. They finnally did install but had to finish the job 4 days after they started because they ran out of caulk in the color I had. I feel lucky because I put them off for payment. They actually completed the job before I gave them any money. I called them at a later date to have them install a sliding patio door and they told me they would call with an install date and I never heard from them again. I guess they didn't like that I put them off for payment the first time. Oh well. IFEELLUCKY
Cs
  16th of Jul, 2009
I installed roofs for Gandy for roughly 2 years.
I received a phone call while I was installing a roof for them that they were going out of business. Rather then leave the customer with their roof half exposed, I decided to finish the job. I never received payment for that roof as well as four others my crew compleated. Totaling over $10, 000. The owners, SARA GANDY AND JOHN GANDY, promised me I would get paid over and over. I called them both everyday for three months and left messages. Con Artists.
Now I hear some of the previous owners are starting a new company entitled NEW HOME located at 10 mile road and Haggerty... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY...