Gander Mountain / boat motor has never worked right

Gander Mountain
I purchased a Crestliner Tritoon Pontoon boat from Gander Mountain in Spring, TX . The 150 Mercury Verado has never worked right and Gander Mountain does not service the motor anymore. We have been told the warranty and Mercury must deal with the problem. After being stranded on the lake several times in dangerous circumstances with my family, we are faced with few options. I owe the finance company $35, 000.00 and cannot just buy a new motor. if I give boat back my credit is trashed. If Gander Mountain won't replace the $12, 000.00 motor(we know from a former employee that they have replaced entire boats) then we are at the mercy of the warranty and stuck in limbo. My wife refuses to get on the boat anymore. I have had $500.00 boats that have performed better. Mercury sings the same tune. We are sick of it and will probably go to the local media soon.

N  31st of Mar, 2009 by
Since this is the "District manager" I assume it will be overlooked or swept aside since other things have gone on in this particular store and no one was disciplined, maybe because they had people involved or with things to hide "looking" into them. This trailer issue is (blatant theft), when notified they need to count for inventory in January, District manager Esposito instructed the store manager to just count it as if it were there, (fraud). District manager Esposito told store he would have it transferred to another store as they were losing boat and trailer business, but would not tell which store to transfer it to. As of this date, district manager Esposito, has not paid for it (theft), nor had store transfer it, Chris Duffy, operations ASM, was told and said he would turn it over to store manager, Dan Engen. The powersports manager was laid off prior to March 1st, so who knows what else is going on at this location and other stores throughout the district that district manager Esposito oversees. In order to run ethical and profitable store's for stockholders and business in general, this behavior is a detrement to success. You might also wish to look into the reason(s) district manager Esposito has left his previous three jobs after only short periods of time. I am not sure if others are complicit in these illegal acts of just afraid to cross the district manager for fear of retaliation, but I am sure that the district manger has stolen this Gander mountain property, and after 5 months, does not intend to pay for it. I have considered contacting the state attorney's office to investigate as I believe it is a conspiracy to defraud the stockholders and a violation of state law.
D  7th of Apr, 2009 by
If you purchased a Mercury motor with your boat, why don't you simply take the motor to a Mercury Authorized Service Center and get the thing fixed? Your Gander Mountain no longer providing service has nothing to do with the fact that the motor is covered by Mercury's Manufacturer's Warranty. And what mercy do you speak of? If there is a defect in the motor since the very beginning as you state, what cost will there be to you? Lastly, what makes it Gander Mountain's fault that your Mercury motor has a defect?
N  24th of Apr, 2009 by
I took my 30/30 Winchester, which I received from my husband 45 years ago for a first anniversary, to Gander mt. to have it re-blued on 9/27/2008. After several calls to the Coldwater Mi. store, I was told in March it had been sent to Saginaw to be re-blued, then I was informed that parts had been lost while in Saginaw and had to be ordered. I was assured it was only a couple of screws. Yesterday I received a call that it was ready to be picked up, the cost was $190.00, that amount was lowered to $125.00 during a Phone call before I picked it. Now this gun was not new when when I received it, but it was valued at over $1500 two years ago and I knew it would be lower after having the work done . I just wanted it to be passed down in the family, not to sell it. The gun had not been cleaned well before bluing and the site and lever had not been re-blued., Holes from a scope were to be filled with brazed metal, they put screws in them instead, part of the hammer/firing plate was replaced with a white metal .They did a very poor job which took 3 days short of 7 months to finish. Now I have a gun which doesn't look much better with parts that are not part of the gun I took to them, there were more than a couple screws were lost. I am thinking about court action if this is not resolved.
N  15th of Jun, 2016 by
While on vacation we stopped at Gander Mountain and purchused four pairs of Ignite camo Under Armor sandals . I called and complained to the Charmbersburg, PA. Not even two weeks later " ALL FOUR PAIRS WERE FALLING APART." They set me a despite form and I filled it out and sent it back. I was told I would have to return the sandals to the store where I bought them to get my money back. I am not driving eight hours . So I am out over two hundred dollars !

Gander Mountain Logo Gander Mountain