Gamevance / Viruses and false advertising

1 CA, United States Review updated:

After installing Gamevance I started to have problems with my computer. On the advice of Toshiba, the computer was taken back to its original packaging. After reinstalling Norton, 101 viruses were found. Additionally, Gamevance had pop-ups of many online sites offereing free gifts for taking a survery. These gifts have cost me big, over $200.00 and they are not willing to take the items back or send information of where to return them. Both companies, Geneva Watch and Disaster Aid Kit are indicating their offers were trials only but this was not read on the emails send to me after ordering the so-called free products. This is a big time scam and my bank and the attorney general's office of CA have been notified.

Ld

More Gamevance Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• St
      30th of Jan, 2011
    Gamevance - adware parasite
    New York

GameVance is freezing up my laptop all day/night long. MalwareBytes removes a registry key adware from them (I run it constantly) but it keeps re-appearing. I went to the registry key and deleted the entire file it was in but it still keeps coming back. Ads are showing up, some sexual, from a company that targets children!

Registry Keys Infected:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareAppDataLowgvtl (Adware.GameVance) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    I got the infection on JANUARY 11, 2017 from a game guide email ad for facebook game players. I sent them this email, which they never replied to (never got the promised game coins, a common scam, but this one was recommended by a friend.