Gamestop / denial of promised pre-order item
About a week ago I went into a Gamestop to pick up a pre-ordered game, expecting the usual stuff; the disc, case, and a little code that allows you to download some special costume for the game on the PS3. After eagerly sitting down and playing the game for a bit, I realized there was no code to be found. After discussing this with a friend who got the same game under the same conditions from the same Gamestop, he told me that the code should be on the receipt. After scanning it for god knows how long there was none to be found. So naturally I went to the store to ask if I could simply get one.
The employee denied ANY claims that the code was for the PS3, and I spent around 10 minutes arguing with him, even showing a print out of the pre-order offer from their website that promised a code for the costume. Deciding that I didn't want to make a big scene I calmly told him that I would settle this with a DA or manager at a later date. Hearing this, he laughed at me while I left the store and told me to "Go to hell".
Thankfully I received the code from a much nicer employee that a friend of mine knew, but SERIOUSLY? This service isn't something I should expect because Im a courteous customer.
More Gamestop Complaints & Reviews
- Gamestop - return policy 
- Gamestop - scam 
- Gamestop - employment 
- Gamestop - return, exchange, buy 
- Gamestop - business relationship 
- Gamestop - ordering a digital copy and being told the console did not have one.
- GameStop.com - product and service
- Gamestop - multiple accounts of the worst, unethical behavior/customer service on my pre-order of game
- Gamestop - double charge to my bank account
- Gamestop - supervisor very rude