Gamestop / fraud and cheating

1 Northridge, CA, United States Review updated:

For Christmas, I received two Rock Band/Guitar Hero type guitar stands. One, my son bought and had already put together for me. The other came from another acquaintance and was in a box that was branded GameStop.

Today, I tried to return the duplicate to GameStop. It was complete and had never been out of the box. BUT, I lacked the receipt. So, the clerk told me (eventually, the store manager as well) that they couldn't take it back because they 'didn't have anything to scan'. They said the SKU is only on the receipt and they couldn't get it from the box.

Is it just me? Or is this just unreasonable? It's a GameStop product (i.e, couldn't have been purchased anywhere else). It's brand new and in the box and I'm returning it within a week of Christmas. Is it really reasonable to refuse to take it back because I don't have the receipt? Is it reasonable to setup a return system that prevents this??

So

Comments

• Bd
      13th of Feb, 2009

quit ur ### homo. no receipt then GTFO . we dont wanna hear ur damn sob stories

• Lh
      16th of Apr, 2009

Did it ever occur to you that we may think its stolen?

25th of Apr, 2009

Wow there Sonny, you and Equaleyes must of been awfully upset to post the same complaint, word for word: https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/return-policy-c145421.html

So allow me to post what I said there, here for you, since it's so important for you to say it twice, I'LL say it twice:

Sounds like someone is angry they didn't keep the receipt.

Christmas time. The busiest time of the year. Sure, there's a way to find the transaction. Paid with cash? You could find 100 transactions as "proof of purchase." With a line of people that circles the store they don't have time to spend 20 minutes trying to pinpoint your purchase. "But I used my credit card! They can look it up!" Oh yeah, great idea there. Let everyday minimum wage CLERKS be able to look up stuff involving your CREDIT CARD number.

Quit complaining, and keep your receipt. Got a receipt? Perfect, you can return that item in a jiffy. Lost it? Too. Dang. Bad. No one's fault but your own, get over it.

• Co
      14th of Oct, 2009

You really wanted a full refund without the receipt?, for an item that is kept out on the floor and is therefore easy to steal.

• Ph
      7th of Nov, 2009

angry llama, you're a ###. no one has the ability to look up CC info in the first place. also employees CAN look up the transaction quite easily. all they need to know is general timeframe, day and what all was purchased. it's not hard to do and gamestop employees do it all the time. take a course in business economics before you babble your ### again because it's very obvious that you don't know a damn thing about the subject you feel the need to comment on every time you see.

• Gh
      28th of May, 2010

LOL not any employee can look up transactions and besides looking one up in the busiest time of the year for retails? don't tell me you want to be the guy holding up the line of 15 people trying to return a game and you can't find your receipt. One thing is that for any transactions a receipt is required and it's like saying that your trying to return a dog to petsmart w/o a receipt they don't know how long you had it, where you got it. Your fault it's called a gift receipt.