Gamestop / fraud and cheating
For Christmas, I received two Rock Band/Guitar Hero type guitar stands. One, my son bought and had already put together for me. The other came from another acquaintance and was in a box that was branded GameStop.
Today, I tried to return the duplicate to GameStop. It was complete and had never been out of the box. BUT, I lacked the receipt. So, the clerk told me (eventually, the store manager as well) that they couldn't take it back because they 'didn't have anything to scan'. They said the SKU is only on the receipt and they couldn't get it from the box.
Is it just me? Or is this just unreasonable? It's a GameStop product (i.e, couldn't have been purchased anywhere else). It's brand new and in the box and I'm returning it within a week of Christmas. Is it really reasonable to refuse to take it back because I don't have the receipt? Is it reasonable to setup a return system that prevents this??
More Gamestop Complaints & Reviews
- Gamestop - return policy 
- Gamestop - scam 
- Gamestop - employment 
- Gamestop - return, exchange, buy 
- Gamestop - business relationship 
- Gamestop - playstation voucher card
- Gamestop - for processing my trades on my iphones
- Gamestop - in store team leader
- Gamestop - game return policy for all locations. 
- Gamestop - customer service