GameSpy Industries / Bad service

IGN GameSpy has a game file downloading service called File Planet. A full year ago I signed up for a one year subscription for $39.95, in order to be able to download game files, updates, etc. quicker.

Here a full year later I find they have (their term) “auto deducted”, (my term) STOLEN $59.95 from

my Bank Account thru Pay Pal.

The Company has set up a do-nothing, take you in circles, Customer Non-Support where your only option is canceling Next Years auto-thievery.

Don’t bother trying to call them by phone. They hide behind voice mail, etc. and absolutely maintain they are not going to refund your money which they literally stole from your bank account.

Any legitimate company would not conduct business this way. Bilking their own Customers.

Parents, if you have children that are gamers Watch Out, these GameSpy IGN cheaters are out there,

just waiting to lift 50 to 75 dollars out of your account, without your knowledge or consent.

Ri

Comments

• Si
      3rd of Jun, 2009

I cancelled my Gamespy Arcade account mid-way through the subscription period because of disatisfaction with the service and a desire to avoid auto rebilling, which I knew they were in the habit of doing. Gamespy immediately voided my subscription despite the fact I paid for a year, with no offer of a refund. I now have no access to the benefits of subscription despite being fully paid up for months to come.
    This organisation is riding roughshod over its customers, probably because it thinks most of them are kids who can't be bothered to protest at a truly stinking service. Incidentally, I jumped through ridiculous hoops to raise a query with them in Feb '09 which they still haven't responded to.
    My advice? Avoid these thieving jokers like the plague.