Gamepal / Fraud and cheating!

3209 Gresham Lake RoadUnited States Review updated:

I have ordered a virtual item from Gamepal on 09 November 2007 it was suppose to be delivered on the 9th of December. I have contacted gamepal via email and they replied saying I could select another account with the virtual item as there was a problem with the original one they created. I selected an account and asked them to supply it. They did not honor the agreement and ignore all my emails and there are no telephonic contact details. It is now the 13th of February 2008 and I still cannot contact them. This is obviously a scam and would like a refund. I have the original emails as proof of our correspondence. That is what i sent to paypal.

Go to the resolution center on your paypal account and create a dispute. They let me know that when there is a dispute they put pressure on the merchant to resolve it otherwise they cancel the merchant's account. They also take steps to recover your purchase amount if enough disputes are lodged against the merchant. So create a dispute through paypal.

Hit them where it hurts it's also the best way to be heard and its how Gamepal recieve the majority of their payments. They cant afford too loose there merchant account.
Va

Comments

Do
  13th of Feb, 2008
Karl, can I get your order so I can see what is actually going on with your order, thank you.

- GAMEPAL TEAM
Ta
  14th of Feb, 2008
Gamepal sucks! I want my money back!!
Na
  22nd of Feb, 2008
I bought 2 accounts one from gamepal and one from gamewar. Ive waited a week now and i cant get a hold of anyone no emails and the live chat people wont help me. In one of the cases i was sent a 3 mil sp character when i paid for a 55 mil sp character. They said it was misprofiled and they sent it to the game manager. Ive spent 2.5k i want my money or my accounts pls help!!
Ma
  24th of Feb, 2008
I can't stand internet companies that are scam artists like gamepal. Sent me an email saying that my item would not be delivered because I filed a complaint with paypal so at least I know I am not the only one that has been scammed by these jerks. No telephone numbers wonder why. Oh its so they can scam you well I am looking into everything I can to get there butts handed to them.
Sm
  8th of Mar, 2008
I want to clear up that gamepal did a great job with my order, thanks for clearing everything up, keep up the good work!
La
  26th of Mar, 2008
their customer service is horrible, noone seems to know anything about whats going on with your order. All I've gotten so far is a complete run-around. As of now I am still hashing it out with them over an account. It would be hard for me to do business with them again
La
  28th of Mar, 2008
Dont just let them screw you, take appropriate measures. Go to www.IC3.gov and file acomplaint, file a complaint with the BBB, with Paypal, and anyone else you think might have an interest in the issue. I just forwarded them a copy of my IC3 complaint so we'll see if it gets me anywhere.
Ma
  6th of Apr, 2008
Thanks for contacting sales chat support. An operator will be with you shortly.

If you have a technical issue, please email us only as our chat support is only available to assist for sales and minor technical issues. Major technical support issues can take sometime, so please be as patient as possible.
If you are waiting more then 5 minutes to chat with our american representatives, please remain waiting or contact email support as we currently have a maximum of 50 chats we can accept at a time.

[Live Chat Team]
Hello, this is Stan, how may I help you?

[Visitor] Hi stan I ordered an account from you on the 13th of last month the account was banned when i recieved it... I have not been given a refund and you guys have been ignoring my emails.
[Visitor] I mean, whats the problem? you guys sold me an account that was banned prior to me ever logging on. you can't give me a phone number, you wont respond to my emails. I guess I'm just screwed?
[Live Chat Team] While I understand the aggravation sadly Live Chat can not help with this issue. The best I could do is to send in a email myself.
[Visitor] you've got to be kidding me, can I have a phone number to contact someone in charge?
[Live Chat Team] There is no phone number
[Visitor] this is absolute crap your company stole 209 dollars from me and wont answer my emails
[Visitor] so basicly you refuse to work with me and you have stolen my money
[Live Chat Team] I'm not refusing to work with you, I can only do what I'm able to. Sadly what I can do can not help you.
[Visitor] ok stan..
[Visitor] how do I get a refund then? I understand I need to "send an email" but your company refuses to answer mine anymore
[Live Chat Team] To get a refund you have to email accounts@gamepal.com and request one. :(
[Visitor] why does this live chat even exist?
[Visitor] yeah I've sent an email 15 ###ing times stan. your company is a bunch of thieves.
[Live Chat Team] I am sorry, Live Chat conversations must be ended once harassment or the use of profanity begins. If you want to continue this conversation, feel free to email us.

My chat with live support after waititng nearly a month, they sold me an anarchy online account and when I recieved it, it was banned prior to me even logging in.
Pa
  28th of May, 2008
I also was scammed by Gamepal. I purchased a virtual game player for my son's 13th birthday. Paid by paypal (which I'll never do again) and never received the item. Have notified them more times than necessary and no refunds have ever been sent. I also have never spoken to anyone who is a decision maker. All the live-chat people can do is say their hands are tied. Whatever that means. If you live in Raleigh, N.Carolina, you can file a small claims against them. The owner is Adrian J. Robey, 3209 Gresham Lake Rd., Suite 146, Raleigh NC 27615. Mailing address: 12800 Rosalie St., Raleigh NC 27614. I was instructed to file with my local police dept. of the fraud and also with small claims. This company should be put out of business and I do not understand how they can continue to get away with internet robbery. Where are our rights?
K
  23rd of Jul, 2008
Gamepal/gamewar/game-whatever the heck they have are scammers!

i tryed to sell a guildwars account to them.

after 7 days of getting the run around i found out from others what scammers they are. luckly i changed the pw on my account early enough
Ca
  29th of Jul, 2008
hi
i guess i join your group of idiots who did do background check!

here my story
on may 16, 2008 i bought a wow account from oloot.com which is one of companies along with ige.com, mysupersales.com.
i got my account it had 4 70's druid, warrior, mage, warlock great gear tranfer them to another server every thing was goin fine asking all info to account they sent back secret word answer .
i thought great asked when i get the rest no reply back just be patient send it on to account manager to fix 70 day later nothin
ooh 10 days earier account login info change no reason why ?
so now i'm out account and 350 bucks paid for account and monthly fee on it !!
so i sent e-mail after e-mail to them no response
Ca
  1st of Sep, 2008
hi all

i want updated some info so everyone on same page.

1. eric smith is in charge of complaints per b.b.b. website

his e-mail :smity@gamepal.com or fraud@gamepal.com
phone no: (919)981-0015

gamepal moved to this address

905 hayne street
raleigh, nc 27604
phone no. (616)617-2447
Ky
  16th of Feb, 2009
I also received a phone call in regards to me retrieving an account I sold to them and not only did they get the game wrong this terrible collections agency says i owe $800 for a $137 account. Not only did i send them the information after i had it recalled because they said i changed the info they said it was taken care of now 13 months later here they r turning me over to collections. HAS ANYONE BEEN TAKEN TO COURT BY THESE THIEVES?
Co
  20th of Apr, 2009
Before You Submit a Complaint
The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, collects complaints about companies, business practices, identity theft, and episodes of violence in the media.

Why: Your complaints can help us detect patterns of wrong-doing, and lead to investigations and prosecutions. The FTC enters all complaints it receives into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database that is used by thousands of civil and criminal law enforcement authorities worldwide. The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.

Your Privacy: How much personal information you provide is up to you. To learn how we safeguard your personal information, please read our Privacy Policy. If you don't provide your name and certain other information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to, or investigate your complaint.

Getting Started: The complaint assistant will prompt you through several screens.

Paperwork Reduction Statement: The Complaint Assistant entry form is designed to improve public access to the FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection Consumer Response Center, and is voluntary. Through the form, consumers may electronically register a complaint with the FTC. We estimate that it will take, on average, 5 minutes to complete the form. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act, as amended, an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The OMB number for this form is 3084-0047.