Gambler 16oz / Cigarettes / Price gouging!

Bend, OK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 541-317-0190
The day before yesterday, I went to my usual store (M and W Food Market) to buy a bag of tobacco and was stunned to find out that they had raised the price by $6.02 (was $18.99, now is $25.01). When I asked why, the clerk said that the company had raised it.

This seems too much of a coincidence to me. Last month, we citizens of Oregon voted down a massive, tobacco only tax,
yet, when I go to the store, the price has been drastically raised. What? We citizens said no, so you all just went ahead and found a way around it, knowing that we smokers smoke, and will continue to smoke, so you can pretty much shove us around all you want?!

This is wrong! And I for one, am tired of being blamed for all of society's ills! We the people said NO! to a massive price increase - there has to be something illegal about this! And please don't try and con me into believing it's because of gas increases!

Comments

Ke
  18th of Mar, 2009
Our State voted for a .62 cent per pack tax increase on cigarettes that's SUPPOSED to be in effect April 1st 2009; however, yesterday the price of a carton of the cheapest "Gold Coast" cigarettes went from 28-something a carton to 41-sonething a carton. A THIRTEEN dollar per carton increase. AND the manager said they are STILL planning on adding the addition State increase of 64 cents per pack in two week on April 1st. That's another $7.44/cartoon...which will bring the price of a carton of the CHEAPEST cigarettes to a whopping 48 dollars per cartoon. And that's the cheapest brand. A carton of Marlboros is going to be nearly SEVENTY dollars!!!

I thinks it's high time cigarettes smokers make a stand and insist the pols find another item to tax to high hell. Those prices are just damn ridicukous in this economy! Tax people who choose to drive large SUV's like Hummers for a change instead of the little guys. Enough is enough!
Di
  29th of Mar, 2009
WHATS NEXT? CHILDRENS FORMULA? TYLENOL? AIR? OUR GOVERNMENT ONLY LOOKS OUT FOR THE RICH. IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO KEEP UP, GREAT!! BUT IF NOT, WHO CARES? THOSE OF US WHO ARE SUFFERING WILL BE FORCED TO SUFFER MORE. ITS ALWAYS BEEN THEM AGAINST US, AND THEY ARE CONSANTLY COMING UP WITH NEW WAYS TO KEEP THE UNDER CLASSES DOWN. THE REPRESENTATION THAT WE FAUGHT ENGLAND FOR WAS TAKEN FROM US! BY OUR OWN GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS!