Gallery Furniture / Awful experience

United States Review updated:

We bought a new bed at Gallery Furniture and I had also just gotten a brand new iPhone. These phones are $200 when you add a new line but once you add the line, the phone is at $400 to replace. My phone was sitting on table in my bedroom and the door bell rang. It was the wonderful Gallery Furniture delivery guys (two of them). Long story short, when they left, so did my iPhone. We called the store as soon as we realized it and had turned our entire house upside down.

Over a month later, after going back and forth with the HR department at Gallery Furniture, my husband was able to get a direct line to "Mattress Mac" and called him, since nothing had been done about it. This is after the HR director told my hubby that Mac thought it was a bunch of "###."

Well, Mac answered the phone and without using that same word, told my husband the same thing. He asked if we had video to prove it was his guys and of course we don't have security cams in our bedrooms. He was very rude and acted like we were just lying to try and get money from him.

I am so pissed off! I have grown up my whole life thinking of him as this upstanding citizen and my family has spent so much money there. He is a billionaire yet he cannot do the right thing and pay for the cost to replace my phone!

I will never spend one cent at Gallery Furniture for the rest of my life and I will tell all of my family and friends (and anyone else I can) about the way they have treated us.
Va

Comments

Pe
  11th of Nov, 2008
NEVER BUY AT GALLERY FURNITURE. His employees are rude and dont care if their product is poorly designed and manufactured. I bought a 3, 000 couch from them and six month later it is falling apart. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND AVOIDING GALLERY FURNITURE. I rather sit on the floor then buy from them again.

BUYER BEWARE!
Bu
  14th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree! The employees are rude and I dont care about what you are looking for. I went looking for a small dining table and all they kept showing me were these huge formal tables. So I politly thanked the guy for his time but felt we would look else-where. He pretty much rolled his eyes and walked away immediatly. We saw him on the way out and he didnt even say bye after we waved at him. RUDE!! then another sales woman started following us out the door asking if we had been helped and wanted to know why we didnt buy anything. SUPER ANNOYING!!! never buying from their overpriced crap!!!
Sa
  19th of Dec, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Matress Mac and his crew are two face liars that only care about their wallets. They refused to honor store crefit even after being told over the phone they would ( 2 different phone calls). RUN AN HIDE FROM MATRESS MAC!
Do
  30th of Jun, 2011
I bought two expensive recliner chairs at Gallery Furniture in 2004...The rivets in the recliner mechanism have broken and the right side of both recliners are sitting on the floor...Mechanisms on both chairs are broken and do not work...On 6/29/2011 contacted their furniture repair dept and basically was told I was lucky to get 6 to 7 years use out of the chairs...Talked to the managager on the same day and I was informed that the chairs that I bought in 2004 were discontinued in 2005...All I wanted was to find out how I could obtain replacement parts for the two recliners so I could repair them myself but since the manufacturer discontinued making the chairs in 2005 I guess I will not be able to find replacement parts for them...It really upsets me that you spend a lot of money of all leather recliners and the useful life is only 6 to 7 years...There is really something wrong when you can't get replacement parts for chairs that only lasted 7 years and should last at least 20 to 30 years if you could buy replacement parts for them...I will never spend another penny at Gallery Furniture because they are a BIG RIPOFF...
Te
  9th of Sep, 2011
Anyone who buys from this place is an idiot. Do you think their nonstop TV ads arent added to the cost of your purchase?
We went their for a dining room set and after writing down the brand and style were able to buy the exact item on Harwin for 60% less. The only hitch was we had to wait 3 weeks for delivery (with no money paid until it came in). If you are stupid & in a hurry go to Gallery. If you are smart, go tghere to look, write down the style you like, and price shop. You will save a fortune like us!
Te
  29th of Sep, 2013
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Mac is a good businessman, and satifies the customer needs. Bruno or Brutus or whatever his name is made a hard sell on upholstery liguid cleaner and protectant. When we didn't bite (must be 10000% markup), he got surly, rude and said go to the sales clerk... we are done. All in all, we like Mac but we have met his wife and in a nutshell, Bruno or Brutus is much more professional and sharper than she is. Because of her, we no longer shop at Gallery Furniture nor do any of our friends, or associates at clubs we belong to.
We
  2nd of Oct, 2013
They sell JUNK. First $1000 dining set the chairs broke within a month, causing my daughter to crash to the ground. Then they only offered store credit, and this took a lot of arguing and trouble. So, using store credit I was forced to buy another dining set from them, more JUNK. The table leg cracked within a month. AVOID GALLERY!!!
Mi
  13th of Oct, 2013
Gallery furniture is much better than their tennis club. Gallery is losing customers because of the despicable behavior of the management at the tennis club. Scandals are covered up, members are berated/slandered . Certain ethnic groups have had enough of this mistreatment. One such group with new employees coming to Houston annually are directed to the bubble on Westheimer and are also shunning this furniture store.
Bw
  28th of Nov, 2013
Mac is probably losing over $200k per year in revenue now, because of his wife's disturbing treatment of individuals and families at her tennis club. One nationality in particular, has already spread the word in the community to avoid Westside and Gallery Furniture stores because of the bullying and mistreatment of good people by Linda. Sad to say, but there seems to be something wrong with her personality.
Se
  14th of Nov, 2015
They told me that my furniture date is Wednesday. So I got rid of my furniture and waited for the delivery. Well there is no delivery they said when I call them that day they said next week we'll a month and a half they call saying to deliver your furniture.! They $uck I had my guest seat on pillows because of there stupid knowledge they have! It's a shame what they do for there local buyer's. This is one of the reasons business go out! And you find yourself shopping way out of town.
Na
  4th of Jun, 2016
AVOID GALLERY FURNITURE!!! Horrible service, bad quality furniture. I regret ever buying from them!! Be smart and avoid Gallery furniture at all cost and that lying and deceiving business man "mattress Mac" he obviously spends his $$$ on commercials so he can only afford to hire unprofessionally, rude workers. They do not know the words, please, sorry or thank you! You spend your money on overpriced, crappy furniture and on top of that get mistreated by their employees! What a nightmare !!!