Gallagher Bassett / Very rude and unprofessional

I agree about the rude adjuster. I talked to Robin to find out why the second week of pay was 1/6 that of the first week. She was very rude acting like I should know this and acting like she took time out of her busy day to have to explain something to me. I still don't understand but how can you argue with them. They seem to have the government on their side. I feel for every one who has to deal with them long term. I can't wait to be done! When you are dealing with something like a traumatic injury you think they could supply you with more understanding people to deal with.

Va

Comments

Th
  15th of Oct, 2008

I GOT HURT ON 10/17/2003 WHEN MY TRAILER DOOR BROKE AND FELL ON TOP OF ME AFTER IT HAD BEEN WROTE UP FOR 2 WEEKS!I HAVE HAD 2 SHOULDER SURGERIES, THE SECOND BECAUSE GB WON'T APPROVE MY PHYICAL THEROPYAND ARM FROZE.
I HAVE HAD A TOTAL OF 7 BACK SURGERIES, THE LAST ONE A FRONT END FUSHION.I'M NOT EVEN HEALED UP YET AND GB SENT ME TO THERE IME, EDWARD "FAST EDDIE"COHON AND CUT EVERYTHING OFF THE DAY I WENT.HE'S ACON ARTIST WHO WRITES WHAT EVER JOANNE PAPION TELLS HIM TO WRITE.
THEY SHOULD BOTH BE IN JAIL FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO ME OVER MY INJURY.THEY DEFIE COURT ORDERS, AND GET AWAY WITH IT.
I HAVE ONLY TIPPED THE ICEBERG ON WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO ME, MY LIFE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT HELL.I'M DEPRESSED ALL THE TIME BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING WITH THEM.
IF YOU GET HURT IN THE STATE OF MARYLAND AND CAN NOT WORK AND GB IS THE INSURANSE COMPANY, THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR LIFE HAS YOU KNOW IT.MAYBE YOU MIGHT THINK THAT I'M GOING I LITTLE TO FAR ...THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO LIVE MY LIFE THE LAST 5 YEARS.
PEOPLE SHOULD NOT TREAT OTHER PEOPLE THE WAY THEY GET AWAY WITH, AND THE WORSE PART IS WHEN YOU FINALLY GET TO COURT AND WIN...6 MONTHS LATER YOU WILL BE DOING IT ALL OVER AGAIN...

Br
  21st of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

here is how I deal with GB---just "carpet bomb" them with emails. If you go onto Google and search 'Branch Matrix' it pops right up. CC as many VP's and Area VP's as you see. Also the branch manager is always at extension 201.

Some important people to copy on your email can also be found by searching "executives" at the Arthur J Gallagher Co (Itasca IL) and copy them too.

For the BEST afffect send the email to your adjuster and BLIND CARBON COPY everyone else.

Ja
  16th of Apr, 2009

Well after getting a hernia from working in childcare I put in a claim which was provisionally covered, I looked into it and found out I was entittled to get loss of wages which was a relief so I thought, I got the all of the medical certificates dated from the 30.3.09 as my GP thought it would best for me not to catch anything before my operation which was scheduled for the 6.4.09 so I sent off the medical certificate to Gallagher and Bassett and assumed the payments would start immediately was I wrong, going into week 2 I had my operation still nothing not a cent so 2 days after my operation I called up Ross Mitchell to see what was going on??? all I got from him was a blame game saying that my company was surposed to have payed me not Gallagher and Bassett so I called my work up, they explained it to me so I got back on the phone to Ross again the he admitted Gallagher and Bassett were supposed to pay me and he said they'll transfer the money immediately so I thought it was all sorted out but that would be too easy for that to happen, 2 days had passed still NOTHING!!! then I had to wait for the long weekend to finish before I could get hold of Ross by this time I was very angry, when I spoke to Ross he said that I don't even work for my employer I was at boiling point so I called up my work again and sure enough they said I still work for them, I can't believe this guy he's lying about my employment, so I rang Ross back again then he said they'll tranfer the money so being told that before I said to him maybe I should ring workcover then he said he's basically a workcover officer, After getting off the phone to him I was so upset that I rang workcover and as soon as they stepped in my money was there the next day mind you though they still owe me $238.40 and counting it's going into week 3 and all I've got from Gallagher and Bassett is $311.40 which I'll probably have to use to pay the phone bill from calling them.

Gallagher and Bassett a heartless liars I really hope there business closed down for good, people don't need this kinda crap when there've been injured!!!

http://www.gallagherbassett.com read there lies they says in there commitment to quality

Sk
  1st of May, 2009

We use Gallagher as our work comp Insurance Company, I find there are very disorganized
No one seems to know anything, I have submitted four claims and it’s never the same telephone
Number, and when you finally get a person on the phone the cut you off or just plain hang up.

Horrible customer service they seem to be bother by any questions~

An
  20th of May, 2009

I have to agree with all of you on this matter. I was injured on 03/03/08 after repeated report to maintenance about a pipe leaking in the laundry room into the employee service hall, I slipped and fell landing on my knee. I cracked my femur bone, bruised the bone, tore the cartilidge, and municus. After filling a report for a month before my employer sent me to there doctor furture damage was done, I was introduced to GB where before having my first surgery I had four adjuster. Finally, after having the first surgery on 06/10/08 it GB did not send me weekly payments until I returned back to work on July 6, 2008. It was then I found out that I was supposed to be receiving SEB payments and mileage. I submitted my first SEB for july and did not receive it until Sept. by this time I was submitting AUG. SEB and having the second surgery on Sept 3, 2008. While in the hospital I called my adjuster to find out what was going on and why payments where late. I was told she had a lot going on a home and a house filled with guest because louisisana GB work from home not in a office, and by the way I am no longer your adjuster you have a new adjuster. After being out of the hospital 2 weeks and talking to a manager they cut a check for all the back money owed. After them trying to jerk my around repeatedly they are now behind two months mileage and two months of SEB and going into the third month. I have now had 11 claim adjusters not including the having two of them twice. So yes I agree some of them can be rude and yes they do lie about what they are doing, but most of them work from home and not a office .

Ho
  28th of May, 2009

I have now experienced negative services from Gallagher Bassett as well. I've tried calling my adjuster Yvonne for weeks and she won't respond to any of my calls. VERY BAD SERVICE. I feel sorry for all of you and wish you better luck in dealing with them.

1t
  1st of Jul, 2009

Tomorrow will be two weeks after my accident with a blue bell truck, HE hit me, HE got the ticket! The woman that I spoke to was the rudest person I have ever spoken to. The WHOLE passenger side of my car was wiped out. I told her that water was getting in my car from seeping through the gap at the back door. The way that he hit me, he shifted my back door towards the rear; if you are sitting in the backseat... you can see the light shining through. Well, when I told her this she told me to put a tarp over the problem. OKAY!!!???? HOW DO I DO THAT!?!? It is my whole passenger side. I don’t have a passenger side mirror because he knocked it off... I would not be able to see a thing! She told me that I needed to do something because if I were to get any internal damages from it raining and getting in the car, they were not going to be held responsible and they would not pay to get it fixed. She had an attitude the whole time I was on the phone with her. The tone in her voice and the pitch of her voice was driving me insane; it was as if she didn’t even care! She was most definitely the rudest person I have ever dealt with. I am currently in physical therapy by doctors orders. I have to go three times a week until I can move without any neck or back pains. Each time that I go to physical therapy, I have to pay $50.00, up front. I get paid bi-weekly, so if you add all this up, that is $300.00 a pay check. That is almost half of my paycheck. I called them to see what I can do as far as getting a little money upfront to pay these doctor bills that I have and that I already have to pay on. She yet again, got an attitude, and told me that I just need to hold on to my receipts and they will take care of it at the end. I can't ‘just hold on to my receipts’. I can’t wait till I get through dealing with these people. If you have any suggestions on dealing with these people, I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Gc
  20th of Aug, 2009

Gallagher Bassett is the carrier of the Penske Truck Leasing Co.'s vehicle which hit my vehicle. Their 18 wheeler and my vehicle (Toyota camry) were both making rights at a corner where both lanes, the far right lane and the left lane, are allowed to make right turns. When the light turned green we both proceeded to turn right. All of a sudden the 18 wheeler's right side was smashing my left front bumper and light. At the truck driver's request, we both moved our vehicles out of the way of traffic. The police were called and neither driver was issued a citation. Their driver reported the accident as my vehicle side swiping him, LIAR. It defies logic that my small vehicle would have needed to enter the left lane to make a right turn and the 18 wheeler not enter the right lane to make a right from the left lane. GB says because there is no independent witness it is my word against theirs and will only assume 50% of the damage. These people are crooks. I wish I had at least taken pictures prior to moving the vehicle if not leaving it blocking traffic. Hindsight is 20/20. Try not to get duped by this company.

St
  4th of Jun, 2010

if you knew anything about looking at the other side, you'd have figured out by now that adjusters are over worked. i don't mean the kind of over worked that creates a daily headache. i am talking about over worked that creates a daily heart attack. you can't even imagine that when you leave the job, you never leave it. i am not saying its the toughest job in the whole world, but i have witnessed more people walk off the job after the 1st week than some would think. you will never be "caught up" & people will always be angry with you about an accident you had nothing to do with. People will always think claims people just get the initial report & then make a decision and process the claim. we wish it was that easy. just to top it off there is that sense of entitlement we have led this society into adopting and of course no claimant ever lies, exagerates, malingers on their treatment, tries to hit pay dirt so they never have to work again. oh yeah and we are always the bad guys because we are incompetent based on the fact we can't successfully juggle the following -

-10 new claims a day requiring contact with 3 to 4 different people per claim, formal coverage confirmation, recorded statements, witness statements, written statements, police reports, injury or incident reports, requesting medical bills and records, oral & written explanation to everyone involved in the claim plus detailed documentation of what you just did and talked about so your supervisor can review the file later & point out all the things you missed IN WRITING which only further delays the settlement of the claim and works against every attempt you made to streamline it for the claimant.

5-10 phone calls (at least) every hour on the hour from irate claimants and others

50-200 pieces of new postal mail per day (20%-30% contain 100 page plus demand packages)

10-60 pieces of left over mail

5-15 new faxes per day some of which are demand packages or huge medical packets

20-30 new emails per day that require a 10-20 minute response or activity

5-8 left over messages from the day before

2-5 formal reports of perfection due to home office or the executive branch or agent

5 calls from agents "just following up" on that claim they sent over YESTERDAY

Reviewing everything from voluminous demand packages, to medical bills & records to police repors, death certificates, accident reconstruction reports, written statements, estimates for damages, hiring and sending complete and detailed assignments to appraisers and others, answering less experineced adjusters questions which is not always a 2 minute discussion.

DAVID LETTERMANS #1 REASON WE MIGHT NOT SEEM ESPECIALLY CHEERFUL WHEN YOU CALL...
the claimant calls just to let you know they faxed over "that" bill and he asks "did ya get it?" as you look over the piles on your desk that are waist high from the floor up and think if he had faxed over an elephant, you'd never know it.

Happy to Be An Adjuster & Have Job!

Ms
  19th of Dec, 2016
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

@Stephen K. I bet you had a good, hot Thanksgiving meal too. I'm sure you are looking forward to a wonderful Christmas with your family.
I also was "happy" to have a job. I would love to have my job back now and i would be working except an over-worked adjuster continually denied the test my doctor ordered.
This time of year used to be my favorite until I was injured on the job.
My family didn't have a nice, hot Thanksgiving meal this year.
The thought of Christmas morning is devastating. All I envision is the disappointment on my children's faces when they realize Santa didn't come for the third year straight.
It's heart breaking, my marriage of 30 years is over due to financial stress. I don't know if I will have a meal for my children this week or not. I no longer have the comfort of knowing I will have a paycheck on a specific day or even if I will receive another one at all.
I'm sorry that my injuries, and many others like me, cause your job to be so stressful. I suggest you count your blessings and think of those that are less fortunate due largely to your lack of ability to handle your work load.
P.S. Enjoy your days off during the holiday season!

16th of Jun, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

GB is the absolute worst the most defiant, obnoxious uncaring calous insurance compnay on earth-My advice to all and anyone dealing with them get yourself a shark of an attorney period, FIGHT those BAS***DS!-Their strategy is to delay and not pay, even when ordered to do so by a JUDGE they still defy the JUDGE'S order-Its a tactic designed to either get you back to work, make you go away, make you go crazy, make you commit suicide or make you homeless, this tactic is designed to basically make you dissappear-I got advice for all of you FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT, dont let them win-dont give up-dont go away the more you fight the more money it cost them, Don't let them get you!-I have been fighting them for over 2 years, 3 proceduresand 2 surgeries, I will continue to fight them till the day I die or the day they pay me which ever comes first!-I am not going away, i fyou dont have insurance or they refuse to pay go to the city hospital and claim no insurance tell them the truth, that GB refuses to pay by law they have to treat you, then just have your attorney take care of it-GB will be ordered to reimburse the state-Dont fear them! go to the city hospital and demand treatment-
my final words:
Get a lawyer, get a lawyer, get a lawyer they will get paid only if you do!-so dont hesitate, dont procrastinate FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!!!

21st of Jun, 2010

In response to ChetB, I am sorry your job is such a nighmare, and I am sure that you and your co- workers to what you can. But the work load you carry is the problem of your company and their policies and has nothing to do with the people who are hurt or injured looking for help. and thats just it, we are looking for help that by law is entitled to us, yes there are some people trying to milk the system, but from what I have read and gone through, most have folders of documentaion from doctors and even multiple doctors in many if not all cases. I was injured in 2006 when I was electricuted on the job and my life was pretty much taken away from me. And I have not recieved on penny from GB and on top of that, they lost my records 3 times, have no records of me submitting any documentation and a year after getting a lawyer involved I still have not recieved a dime. So anger has set in many times over again. so please forgive me and or us, if we do not have compassion for the other person on the end of the phone who has not oncce shown an ouce of compasion or understanding for what any of us are going through. and I appologize for your work load, if you do not like it or can not handle it please look for another job or do something about it, because I am pretty sure some one in our situation has dealt or talked to you and your less than compassiante attitude many times in the past, And I know we would love to avoid you in the future.

22nd of Jun, 2010

I want to appologize to Chet B for my misdirected comments the comments were directed towards Stephen K and Not Chet B, I am so sorry for the mix up.
Thank you for responding and thank you for the help and direction you have shown towards the people who need it and can honestly use it.
always Charlie

22nd of Jun, 2010

Thankyou!!! I know what your going through with GB they are the worst-I am on your side and if their is anything I may be able to do to help-please dont hesitate to ask-
GB should not be allowed to conduct business anywhere-I wonder if we could initiate a class action lawsuit-I am defenitely for it-again I apologize to you sincerely for any thing I may have said prior to figuring out that you responded to the wrong posting! and i wish you and your family the best-DONT GIVE UP-FIGHT THEM WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT! YOU WILL OVERCOME THEIR NONSENSE!-Together we will slay goliath!

22nd of Jun, 2010

No Need to appologize it was my mistake and I cant tell you how many times I have wanted to give up just in this week alone. I am talking with my lawyer today and I will talk to him about a class action lawsuit and see what his opinion is and get back to you.
always Charlie

23rd of Jun, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Sounds good, I have wanted to give up to-but my wife and family support me and insist that I continue to fight and I will fight till they pay me my rightfully due or I die which ever comes first!-let me know what he says-I know their are hundreds if not 1000's in our position, are rights are being violated and abused by GB-
Good Luck and DO NOT LET THEM WIN!-Keep me posted-Ill do the same-

Jb
  24th of Aug, 2010

If you look in the dictionary for unprofessionalism it would say GB. I seriously depise this company. I can not believe Starbucks a multi billion dollor company hires them as thier workmans comp ajusters. They do not deserve to have any contracts. They are liars, cheats and extremely rude. I work for a PT office and the ajudter of my client named michelle is horrible. I can not get authorization for anything. And when I do talk to her after 3 weeks of messages she yells at me and is rude. I then proceded to her supervisor, which will not call me back. and now to the branch manger. Plus I have a claim with them it has been two months and nothing. She answers the phone saying hola. Then she prtents to not know english. She locates out of laguna hills, CA. I am going to report them to the better bussiness bueru. you all should do the same.

25th of Aug, 2010

I reported them to the NY State Insurance dept they regulate all insurance compnaies doing business in their state- im sure their is one in your state as well.You may also file a complaint with the Workers Compensation Board, Consumer affairs and the BBB im not sure of but it wont hurt-
Once your case is established and all medical treatments are authorized by a Workers compensation Judge you really dont need their permission for anything as long as the Dr accepts workers comp the Dr will bill them and they have to pay-
MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO GET A LAWYER let the attorney handle it and handle them-I have been fighting them for 2 years, case established, medical treatments and surgeries authorized by the WC Judge, they finally paid me my lost wages after the Judge told them they have 30 days to pay me, my accident occurred 2 years ago and they paid me only when they were DIRECTED to do so-they cut the check on the 29th day-to avoid the 20% penalty-The payment was made after 2 years of fighting.
FIGHT THEM get a LAWYER!

25th of Aug, 2010

ADVICE FROM A GUY WHOS BEEN THERE AND STILL IS FIGHTING FOR HIS RIGHTS GET AN ATTORNEY-SUE THEM !MAKE THEM SPEND MONEY!-AN ATTORNEY MAY PICK UP YOUR CASE PRO-BONO-DONT EVEN CALL THEM HAVE YOUR LAWYER DO IT-FILE COMPLAINTS AGAINST THIS COMPANY WITH ANY AGENCY YOU CAN THINK OF-YOUR STATES INSURANCE DEPT-(THEY REGULATE THEM)-TRY THE BBB OR EVEN CONSUMER AFFAIRS, OR IF ITS WORK RELATED FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE WORKERS COMPENSATION BOARD YOU HAVE MANY RIGHTS DEFEND YOURSELF AT ALL COST!-CONTACT YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL IF HE CANT HELP YOU THEY WILL TELL YOU WHO CAN-DONT FEAR THEM THATS THEIR STRATEGY TO DELAY AND IGNORE YOU HOPING YOULL GO AWAY, ITS AN AWFULLY CALLOUS PRACTICE BUT IT IS WHAT THEY DO-THEY HAVE ATTORNEYS TELLING THEM HOW TO SKIRT THE LAWS SO GET YOUR SELF ONE TO!
FIGHT THEM AND LET THEM KNOW YOU WILL BE FIGHTING THEM-DONT LET THEM PUSH YOU AROUND TELL THEM YOUR GETTING AN ATTORNEY AND THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING AWAY-MAKE THEM SPEND MONEY DEFENDING THEIR ACTIONS ITS EXPENSIVE FOR THEM TO DO THIS-SO FIGHT THEM WITH ALL YOU GOT!-I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THEM AND I WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO UNTIL THEY DO THE RIGHT THING OR I DIE WHICH EVER COMES FIRST!!!
TO HELL WITH GB THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THIS COUNTRY.

Tr
  30th of Aug, 2010

I have just been dealing with them for a couple months unlike most of you posting, but I concur ----they are the biggest liars I have ever experienced within any company. I have learned much through reading your posts and I will be hiring a lawyer tommorow. They won't return calls, and give you the run-around on everything. I believe anyone dealing with them should hire an attorney immediately. I am certainly not the one to quit fighting them...

Da
  25th of Oct, 2010

I have been through the same thing. I live in Vancouver Wa. I had a deadly exposure to gasoline vapors at work in October 2008. I got a chemical burn on my nose, throat, and lungs and I have not been able to breathe right since. They only paid me for about 5 months and then quit. GB hired a toxicologist who lied about everything that I told him. I seen him in March 2009. I just found out about a week ago that he said I was exposed to 9% LEL (lower explosive level at around 300 ppm (parts per million)which is safe to enter. The fact is I was exposed to 100% LEL @ 12, 000 ppm. This is documented by the oil company, OSHA, and myself. They were fined by OSHA for this because at those levels I could have died. Luckily this Toxicologists report went to the judge and it clearly shows he was lying. I am going to see if I can start a class action lawsuit against GB and the toxicologist and the other doctors that lied. Does anybody else have proof that the IME'S were lying?

Please read your IME reports carefully and do not just leave it up to you attorney. My attorney missed this information in my case. I had to tell him about it. Also make sure you take someone with you to your IME appointment and video tape it or record it, so you have proof.

Good luck to everybody!!! Don't give up!!