Gallagher Basset / rude claims agent

1 Concord, NC, United States Review updated:

Had my 2008 Honda Civic oil changed, they admitted they put the oil filter on backward, or had problems with the oil filter in the past, but my engine siezed up that day. Now I have to deal with their third party adjustor Gallagher Basset, the claims agent went on vacation with out leaving a message about the status of my case, and the supervisor, when called says, "we're allowed to go on vacation" and blows off my request for status of my claim. It has been two weeks today since my Civic was towed into the Honda dealership. Honda has not been contacted by anyone and wants answers. Honda has given them the cost to fix the engine, over $4, 000.00. Now, it's who's going to pay, the filter company, the oil company. I don't care, they should fix it and decide how to split up the bill later. Be wary of "Oil change" businesses. Be very wary of Gallagher Bassett, the rudest people on the face of the earth.

Mi

Comments

• Jd
      22nd of Jun, 2009
    gallagher basset - Lack of professionalism
    California

I was injured at work on 3/20/2009. My daughter came to stay with me for 2 weeks as I had fractured my R ankle and L shoulder. (driving foot and dominant hand)
    When my daughter had to return home, I called the adjuster and asked about cab vouchers for transportation to and from doctor appointments.
    I was told that I 'could take the bus'.
    GB has twice denied a bone stimulator recommended by the orthopaedic surgeon.
    Now they are denying additional physical therapy - after only 18 visits.
    My employer has been very supportive and as helpful as possible.
    The Worker's Comp system in CA drives the employee to seek legal counsel, thus increasing costs and prolonging claims.

• On
      9th of Feb, 2010

I had the same thing happen to me at a Firestone dealer. I received a coupon in the mail for a free oil change and like a dummy I took advantage of it. My Hyundai Tucson needed a whole new engine and the cost was well over $10, 000. I did not have to deal with Gallagher Basset in that context though.
    I went to a concert at Chastain Park in Atlanta and fell over the first row and down into the pit area. They had no marking or rope at the time. I am dealing with Gallager Bassett now.
    They never return my phone calls. They spelled my last name wrong on the paperwork and they are trying to settle for a ridiculously low amount. So I understand what you are going through. I wish us both luck and thanks for going public with your saga.