Galaxy Membership Services / Fraudulent claim

Clearwater, United States Review updated:
I received a phone call from Galaxy telling me I had been chosen to receive a $50 gas card, just for using my credit card, and ultimately after a 20 minute phone call, I was told I had to accept the terms of also receiving or signing up for a supplemental medical and dental coverage, of which I immediately said I did not want. The person told me I could call and cancel the day I received the package and gave me 2 separate phone numbers to do that. He also told me I could call and cancel the membership service after I received the gas card in the mail and my credit card would not be charged. I did just that the day the pack came. The dental and medical coverage were cancelled, but the phone number given did not reach galaxy membership services. I have since called my credit card company and have suspended any further charges from this company. I am not able to contact them or obtain any further information for them. I have never received anything I was told that I would be receiving including the $50 gas card or subsequent gift cards.

Comments

Al
  18th of Nov, 2008
They called me and offered 2 voutures each of $1000.00. Called with an untrceable phone number. The person called 5 times before I answered and then I was on the line for 15 minutes before I googled them and saw all the complaints.
Beware!
REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public next month.
REMINDER... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing
Companies and you will start to receive sale calls.

... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:
888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your
Time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the
Cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a
Different phone number.