Galaxy Credit / Identity Fraud

PO Box 5628Peoria, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 623-933-0519

Galaxy Credit called my home telling my son that he had ordered a magazine (that had previously order by us and not renewed for over a year and a half).

Telling my son to send a check in the amount of $48.00 to their PO Box in Peoria, Arizona, etc. He took their contact information and was told that when he called back he would get a receptionist and to ask for Demetrie.

He recalls receiveing a telephone call about a magazine and at the time he asked them to send him something in writing in the mail.

I called the telephone number back - after being put on hold 2x by the "receptionist" Demetrie came on the phone - I told him we had never ordered a magazine, never received a magazine and would be reporting them to the Attorney General's office. He then asked me if my son was 18 or over - I responded no. He then told me that I would need to send him proof of that - a copy of a birth certificate, etc. in order to prove that.

In the phone call his father made Demetrie told him that they had recorded the telephone call where our son had "ordered" the magazine and he owed the money because the magazine had been ordered by him and was being held until he paid for it. His father also told them nothing had ever been received and therefore they would not be paid for something that was never ordered or received. Demetrie then gave him a telephone number for a U.S. Periodicals to call to see about the magazine order teling him that they were just the middle men.

I tried the U.S. Periodicals number where a recorded (voice of an immature woman) explained they were closed with their business hours.

Later I called the magazine publisher directly and confirmed that no magazine subscription was in effect (old one expired May, 2007) nothing new was ordered or had been ordered by our name or address - and verified that the annual subscription was far below what Galaxy was claiming.

After not only discovering that this is clearly a SCAM, I believe that it is a much larger scam than to only attempt to collect payments on magazine subscriptions that do not exist but to collect identity information for IDENTITY FRAUD.

BEWARE OF GALAXY CREDIT - they clearly are not legitimate!!

Report them any way that you can.

I plan to follow all the steps necessary to protect my son's identity from this FRAUDULENT SCAM.
Ta

Comments

Wh
  8th of Jul, 2009
We too have a letter and have been told they have a recording. The only way they will provide the recording is for us to agree, in writing, to payment once we hear it. I called Air Classics Magazine, and the renewal subscription was never sent to Air Classics Magazine. Just like others, I think this is a scam. What steps did others take to protect your identity, and can they really report you as bad credit for something you never received?