Galaxy Credit / I am sure it's a scam!

I just received a letter from Galaxy Credit, PO Box 5628

Peoria, AZ [protected]. They are requesting $30.00 for a subscription to Discover magazine. I already have a subscription with Discover, I spoke to Discover and they have not heard of Galaxy or United Magazine Service Inc. They say I have a current subscription and that Galaxy has not extended it.

I remember a magazine service calling me on the phone a few months ago. It was a guy that wouldn’t take no for an answer. He offered me a year and a half of Discover for $30.00, but when they wanted my credit card over the phone I said no, but that they could send me the information. I did send a check and it came back in the mail undeliverable. I thought it was a scam then, so I dismissed it.

I phone the number on the Galaxy letter this morning and the guy on the phone said the subscription was for 1 year, I questioned the whole thing and he hung up on me. I then called Discover as stated above.

I have not received anything from them and after seeing the other letter about Galaxy on your site, I am sure it’s a scam. Thanks.

Comments

26th of Nov, 2006

You should know that the "owner" of this business can be found on the maricopa county superior court in the criminal case section. Demetius Smith 02-26-61. Please notify the city of peoria, arizona police department. His business is located in Sun City AZ 103rd ave and grand.

• St
      19th of Nov, 2007

I have been harassed by Galaxy Credit over a bill for a subscription that was never provided. U.S. Subscription Services wanted to have me pay for a subscription extension by credit card, but I refused and asked that a bill be sent to me. When I tried to cancel, they said that I could not and to pay up or a collection agency would be contacting me. No subscription extension was provided by U.S. Subscription Services and they were not authorized to extend any subscriptions for the magazine by its publishers. This definitely seems like some kind of scam.

Steve!

• Na
      16th of May, 2008

I received a phone call from this phony company telling me to pay a bill I owed an apartment complex. how he got that information, I don't know, but he had the facts. wanted me to give him my bank info over the phone which I didn't then I found all this stuff on internet-to know it was a scam

• Is
      31st of Oct, 2008

I'm having problems with Galaxy Credit as well, regarding nonpayment of a bogus Discover Magazine subscription! My advice is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau AND the Federal Trade Commission!!! I checked the BBB and there have been no complaints filed on Galaxy, meanwhile I've seen dozens of complaints about them online, like this. If Galaxy doesn't help me resolve my issue, BBB and FTC it is.

• Br
      12th of Jun, 2009

Galaxy Credit at first seemed like a scam, but then I heard my self on a recording from US Periodicals ordering my extension for US Weekly. I totally forgot! They were correct in saying that I did indeed request a bill through the mail. I didnt cancel in time with the company. Galaxy Credit was very great about allowing me to dispute it and really helped me with the payment. You can look them up on www.azdfi.gov. They are a licensed collection agency.