Galaxy Communications / Cell phone retailer selling defective phones

1 16 N. Lansdowne AvenueLansdowne, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 610-626-6800

March 21, 2008, I purchased what I was told was a brand new Motorola (Cingular pink razer v3) from Galaxy Communications Inc. an authorized Motorola dealer nearby my home. I paid a total of $159. It turns out the phone is possibly used and has no warranty because the warranty is expired according to Motorola.

I noticed the phone was making a weird buzzing sound.

I called up Motorola’s customer service number and they told me to take the phone back to the dealer and try to get it exchanged.

I immediately return to Galaxy Communications inc.After about an hour waiting in the store, he said he couldn’t get any of the other razor v3 phones to work with my SIM card for me to access my provider’s features and he didn’t know what else to do. He wasn’t going to refund my money.

I immediately contacted Motorola to see if I could take the phone to one of their repair centers to look at only to find out that the phone is no longer under warranty. It appears whoever owned the phone prior to me had the warranty and the warranty expired on the phone almost a year ago.

This company never said anything about this phone being used and they will not refund my money. In fact the sales person was belligerent when I suggested that it was used stating that all of the phones are new and that I am the problem.

I immediately went home and filed a report with the BBB and state attorney generals office. We will see what happens.

To everyone who comes into contact with this company! Avoid them at all costs! They are scam artists who rip people off. If you purchased a defective product from them also email me as I am considering taking legal action against them.

Comments

• Mi
      26th of Apr, 2008

As a goodwill gesture to Galaxy Communications. I promised to remove any negative postings about the business unfortunately, I can't remove the report from the website so, I will do my best to show the store in a positive light. I will simply say that last week I was contacted by Galaxy Communications who offered me to bring the phone in and to refund me the full purchase price of the phone paid. On April 25, 2008 yesterday. I walked into the store and the owner did fully reimburse me for the phone and apologized for any problems that I had with the phones. He also said if in the future there are any problems with purchases they are agreeable to trying to work things out directly with the customer. In the end I got my money back and I was very impressed with the way Galaxy Communications handled the situation. I consider any issues/complaints I had with their store closed in full and resolved.

27th of Apr, 2008

I have emailed the complaint boards administration to have this complaint removed but have not been able to get it removed and there is no way to delete it from here.

28th of Apr, 2008

"The views expressed in this page are based on my experience and my opinion."