Galahotels.com / fake booking website

Posted: Nov 3, 2013 by   User
4.6
galahotels.com
galahotels.com
I booked a hotel room using galahotels.com and soon enough received booking confirmation. Same moment my credit card was charged for this booking, everything looked as it was supposed to at the beginning but when I arrive to the hotel they told me that there is no booking under my name. Soon we discovered that this booking company is just another scam on the internet. Avoid them at all costs.
Complaint comments Comments (55)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Hotels

Comments

D  12th of Nov, 2013 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Dear writer,
You are kindly invited to contact us Galahotels.com at info@galahotels.com in order for this issue to be checked and solved. We will be waiting for your email.
Best regards,
Galahotels.com
Customer Care Department
N  28th of Jul, 2017 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
@Galahotels.com I used http://www.booking.com/index.html?aid=1158815 loved this website because it allows you to book without the commitment of paying (but they do capture your credit card details as a guarantee for no show) and sometimes they even throw in free cancellation if you cancel about a week before. And its always about $1 to $10 cheaper than other sites.
N  25th of Dec, 2017 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@gopall You guys never responded to email and cases that customers sent. Hopeless company. A complete scam.
N  28th of Dec, 2013 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
belgium december 28 th

I just have the same experience as you, writer, reserved on 21st november an hôtel via galhotels website, 5 days later I have cancelled this reservation and galahotels sent me a mail confirming this cancellation .They charged my creditcard too.Despite of several of my mail, ofs the accountant of my society, of my layer in law, they never refund, even they sent to my accountant to confirm theys xill refund money.It's a very big problem for me because first I need this money and then It's money of my company whose conts have to be closed on 31th december. Galahotel publishes response on this site as if they will pay but in reality they do nothing.
Today I filed a complaint with police in Belgium, they will contact police in Turkey because tjis company is located in those country, Dear writer have you recived news of your money?
A  12th of Feb, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I am in the middle of exactly this problem myself. I booked in January for a hotel in Geneva, but had to cancel the booking which I did within the stipulated time. I was sent an e-mail to confirm the cancellation, and the email said the payment which had been deducted from my credit card would be refunded within 21 days - it has not been refunded. I have been in touch with my credit card people and they advised me to lodge a complaint, also to forward them all the email correspondenc. I contacted galahotels.com and lodged a complaint yesterday. They wrote back very quickly to say they had passed my complaint to the Accounts office - they then marked my complaint as resolved. I've written back to them to say the funds have not been refunded to my account and have reopened another complaint. I will carry on doing this and following the advice of the writer above I will file a complaint with the police here in the UK.
A  15th of Mar, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Gala hotels took our money for a hotel in Edinburgh that had changed hands so nothing to do with them. They have admitted their mistake but we have been waiting and calling since January for the refund. Is this Fraud?
A  28th of May, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Same here booked in October for 3 rooms in May, they sent voucher and took money, I contacted the hotel directly the day before I was to arrive to find out booking had been cancelled, no email no refund nothing, 7 months they have money, I got an email from them saying they are refunding money and they are sorry, does not help when I had to pay again and it was £200 more, awIting refund I hope
A  15th of Jun, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have the same tragedy with galahotels i made a reservation at 10 the of may and canceled it after two days and from than i
made many phone calls and mails u recived appologize but until now the refund is not in my bank acount and we talk about 1700 euro ' its a scandale i bag you just be very far from them i hope to get the refund some day ' waitng for help of mastercard intrnational ' and the next step will be a complaint at the intrpol about that robbery my booking id is 7724560 pls help
N  28th of Jun, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I have had the same problem.. No booking at hotel in Venice and the money has been taken. I have had to pay another £800 euros because they first made the booking then it was cancelled
A  29th of Jun, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Me too. I booked a hotel via gala hotels.com. Too. And soon enough received booking conformation. At the same time, my credit card was charged by this booking. But when I arrival in the hotel I have been told there is no reservation under my name. I was send an email to gala hotels.com for find out and been told they lost the availability to have the room and a mount of USD 3414 would be refund within 21 days. Awaiting for my money back!!!
N  31st of Jul, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Oh my word thank goodness for sites like this... I am in South Africa and when I book it is going to be the SA rand ZA which is very weak against the GBP (it is 18.08 x the rand) Hence our holiday amount becomes costly and I cannot afford to be taken for a ride by a booking company.
Please can I have names of reputable booking sites, if any.

Many thanks
Sharon
A  8th of Aug, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Dear All, I have exactly the same problem as you guys!! We booked our holidays in Cuba and as soon as m boyfriend and I did the booking our credit card was charged. We thought everything was okay but when we arrived to the hotel they told us there was no reservation under our name. So we had to pay again!!! that day we called to all the customer service numbers that appear in the gala hotel website : italy, uk, spain, etc ... all of them and no one ever picked up or said the line was busy ... hence we realize it was a big scam!
NEVER BOOK FROM GALA HOTELS I am warning all my family and friends world wide.
N  28th of Aug, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I have just the same problem within galahotel. There is a scam web site. Dont may any transaction with them.
D  19th of Sep, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Hi Alberic,

Please contact us for your issue there are too many easy ways for doing this ;

1. Customer Service Tab = Gives you the chance to create a case for your issue, then our CRM system will forward your issue to the dedicated team member. %100 you will get a certain reply.
2. You Can Call Us .. Here are the numbers that you can reach us on the business hours ;

Turkey : +90 212 706 09 99

Head Office: Gulbahar Mh. Harmanyolu Ust Sk. Meric Plaza No:10/5Mecidiyekoy Istanbul – TR 34394
Business Hours: Monday – Sunday: 9.00 am to 6.00 pm – CET+2 (Central European Time)

3. Live Chat : You will see the live chat icon on the left buttom, easy to use and our sales & customer team is available for your questions .

4. Send and e-mail ! If all above not working for you, just send an e-mail to info@galahotels.com

Also you can follow us from any social media platform and contact with us easily.

GalaHotels.com
N  25th of Dec, 2017 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@GalaHotels But you guys never respond even sending email, leaving several cases opened on the customer services page on the website and even no solution and answer is provided when leaving messages on fB chat. Very unprofessional and this is a big scam.
N  19th of Sep, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes

Turkey(fax) : +90 212 356 24 84

N  19th of Sep, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Hi All,

Please note that GalaHotels.com is a legitimate website which has been operating more than 10 years.

Turkey : +90 212 706 09 99

We would be very happy to assist you in any questions from you. Hope above contact details are all clear and you can get in contact with us so that we can solve any problems.

Best Regards
GalaHotels.com
N  9th of Oct, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Galahotels .com are fraudsters. Took our money, no hotel to stay .
N  26th of Oct, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
We had booked a hotel for 3 nights in Milano. Strange it was, but we booked via Gala Hotels. After a few days we got a mail from them that the associated with Vanillatours. On our checkpage of Visa we saw the name Vanillatours. We found this strange, but ok. Few days before we departed to Milano i contacted the hotel Best Western Hotel City where we booked. At the telephone the hotel sais us that we had no room there. Our booking was cancelled by another organisation: Expedia. Expedia told us that they didnt do that but the cancel came from Gala hotels. Than Gala hotels confirmed us with a new booking number etc for a new room there. But making a telephone call BWHC told us we dont have a room over there. After again emails and telephone calls, we could not reached Gala hotels anymore. So we decided to search for a hotel by ourself and we contacted our Visa to block that payement. I hope everybody is reading this because i truly believe there are criminals in Gala hotels.
N  27th of Oct, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I cancelled my reservation # 7945035 at September 26. Galahotels charged my credit card for amount of 1313.92 USD for reservation. I have been informed by Ksenia Mandziuk truough email (cc Yavuz Egilli: Okan Akkus) that I will be refunded in 7/10 days and case closed. I opened few cases, they were closed but without progress. Today is 27. October. Please tell me what's going on?
N  28th of Oct, 2014 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Booked a room witb galahotels for the imperial blackpool.
When i turned up i was told there was no booking and also the dont use gala as a booking agent.
So i ended up £80 out of pocket and missed an important meeting looking for a last minute hotel at busy half term
one big scam!!
A  8th of Jan, 2015 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Booked a hotel in Amsterdam for New Years with Gala Hotels, on arrival we were told there was no booking and the hotel had never heard of Gala. I rang Gala hotels and was transferred to several different people, one of them told me they had sent email on 30th Dec 2014 to say our booking was cancelled, I checked my email and junk mail but nothing there, I asked had they alternative accommodation to be told they had nothing and could do nothing for me... Trying to get a ccommodation on new years eve was a nightmare! After 2 hours we got a hotel and had to pay out 650 euro. When we got back to Ireland I rang Gala hotels and dealt with a lovely girl who said she'd sort it out, she emailed me and told me a refund was being sent but the only compensation would be 8% off my next 5 bookings with Gala. I will never use them again and would strongly recommend people to avoid this site!!!
A  26th of Mar, 2015 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I would like to inform anyone reading this: Never book over GALA HOTELS ON THE INTERNET.
My story: - I have booked Hotel in Brussels (Cascade Louise) and it seemed anything was OK: I’ve got booking confirmation, voucher from the hotel, invoice and when I confirmed the booking the money was immediately withdrawn from bank account.
- In the mean time the information from the Bank if there is everything OK, because money was withdrawn from some Turkisch company
- One day after the bed surprise….Info from Gala Hotels that there is “ unfortunately” no place in the hotel and that they propose another hotel (lower class hotel) and there will be no additional payment needed??!!
- I refused and asked them to return the money.
- They confirmed that they will return the money in three days and now I am waiting what will happened.
However I am afraid I will have to sue them since info from personal on reception was that they do not know the GALA HOTELS company and that is probably a criminal.
So my message is: NEVER GALA HOTELS

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree