Gala Hotels / hotel booking frauds

Indeed, it very much looks like this company frauds. I made a wrong booking, Right after receiving confirmation I discovered it was the wrong month and tried to call service phones. No connection! Lice Chat does not work either. I send three e-mail with complaints and got answer the next day, that I should cancel and the will charge a penalty. Since I reported the wrong booking within minutes after confirmation and not receiving anyone by phone I was alarmed. In their e-mail answer they wrote that they will try to negotiate with the hotel. I called the hotel by myself. The did not receive any booking from Galahotels and also did not know this company. Actually, the booked hotel is part of Melia, which is not a small chain. Hope I will get my deposit back. It was the full amount of an entire stay in Varadero for 9 days. Wonder how they received the many positive comments in trust pilot. Would say this is a case for investigation. Did anyone tried to prosecute them?

Vi
Nov 20, 2015

Comments

Jun 01, 2016

Gala hotels is indeed a criminal organisation.
    I booked through them. They withdrew my money immediately.
    When I got to the hotel there was no confirmation of my booking. I had to pay for the hotel which was way over my budget.
    I got an email the next day from Gala the next day telling me that I would be refunded part of the money.
    We will see what happens.
    This has been a very disheartening experience.
    It's sad to learn that organisations like this are allowed to operate.
    Josie Wadelton
    Melbourne
    Australia

Jun 01, 2016

This so called company is out to defraud the honest consumer.
    I booked a hotel through them only to find out, once I got there, that the booking was non-existent. In the meantime Gala had taken my money.I also had to pay the hotel I had booked the full amount which was over my budget.
    In total It cost me $800 where Gala had promised a deal of $332.
    These people must be accountable. They should not be operating. They are big-time scammers.

Josie Wadelton
    Melbourne
    Australia

• Vi
      Jun 01, 2016

The criminal methods of Galahotels seem to be a working business model for them so far. Even big credit card companies won't react until thousands or hundreds of thousands frauds will be reported and lawsuits have been filed, which I did. Beside filing a lawsuit and fight with the credit card company the best option is to report frauds in the internet on sites like https://www.complaintsboard.com. I do not trust any positive comments on other website like trustpilot, tripadvisor etc. Galahotels seems to invest quite a lot effort in creating fake comments on those sites.

Aug 30, 2016

Gala hotels is indeed a criminal organization.
    I booked through them. She immediately withdrew my money.
    When I arrived at the hotel there was no room available for my booking. I had to pay for the hotel that I can not make use of my budget.
    I write for Gala the next day to tell me that I would get refunded part of the money. so far I do not get a refund
    We'll see what happens.
    This is a very daunting experience.

N Bougamza
    Amsterdam

Aug 30, 2016

Gala hotels is inderdaad een criminele organisatie.
    Ik heb geboekt via hen. Ze trokken meteen mijn geld.
    Toen ik aankwam bij het hotel was er geen kamer beschikbaar  van mijn boeking. Ik moest betalen voor het hotel die ik geen gebruik kun maken over mijn budget was.
    Ik schrijf voor Gala de volgende dag me te vertellen dat ik terugbetaald deel van het geld zou krijgen. tot nu toe heb ik geen geld terug ontvangen
    We zullen zien wat er gebeurt.
    Dit is een zeer ontmoedigend ervaring.

N Bougamza