Gaggia Carezza / Poor customer service

In December of 2008 I bought a Gaggia Carezza espresso coffee maker. When I began using the coffee machine it seemed to work fine, but within one month it broke down when the steam mechanism failed. I took it to your authorized service shop, Appliance Sales and Service and 840 Folsom St. SF CA 94107
[protected].

After two weeks in the shop, they replaced a thermostat. The new switch did not match the other two switches, but it did function properly for a while. In April of this year, again the steam mechanism failed. I took it down to the same repair shop again. I left if for a week and the repair man said there was no problem with it. I then took some coffee down to the shop and showed Mai how the machine failed to work properly. I told him that this machine was a "lemon" and he agreed it probably was, but said he would have to repair it anyways. He said he would order both a new steam thermostat and coffee thermostat. Over one month later, I am still waiting for the machine to be repaired due to the failure of your company to send the parts.

As you can imagine, my wife and I are fed up. We had a rinky-dink Krups espresso maker that worked extremely well for 8 years and then decided to upgrade to the famous Gaggia with these horrible results. I have spent hours of my time contacting your repair firm, reminding them to check up on the progress of the parts and repair to no avail. Jim at Appliance Sales and Service now knows my name, number and voice by heart. This has to stop with you living up to Gaggia's reputation for quality and customer service. I would like for you to replace my machine with a new one that works. I am tired of waiting for Godot.

Please address this serious customer complaint at your earliest convenience.

Je

Comments

• La
      5th of Aug, 2009

I live in the UK and I am also experiencing terrible serivce from Gaggia! I have a Cappuccino x 2 and the macine was sent back to them on 26 June 2009 to have an error on the digital display looked at! Apparently you are not able to clear the errors yourself it has to go back to the service! A month later I called them to be told its on its way ( they dont even call the customer so they can be home to take the machine in)... So machine turns up after a month - I turn it on and then it all goes well till it decides to have a mind of its own - the cup tray went up and down and the boiler was clicking and the pump was going on and off and then WHOOOSH a gush of steam shot out the side of the machine! I was lucky none of my grandchildren were there with me as this happend as it would have scalded their faces! It nearly burnt my arm trying to turn the blasted machine off! I emailed them-called them - and nothing! There are no humans at the end of the phone any more - it is now a man saying all the lines are busy and to email them! On the day the machine arrived I was fortunate to catch a human on the phone but since then - nothing - this is nearly 2 weeks ago! All they said was - "its a faulty CPU in your machine and it needs to come back to have a new one put in but WE HAVE NONE AS WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THEM FROM ITALY!!! So now I am stuck with a £1, 200 machine sitting collecting dust! Its disgraceful! Gaggia! Whats happened to you????? Your staff are absolutely useless! You need a good sort out of all the rubbish and get some decent after service in or you will loose lots of customers! I have written a complaing to Gaggia Italy today - so lets see what happens!