Gadget Universe / lost item

Gadget Universe
12621 Encinitas Ave.
back on November 11 2008 I ordered item t0267 "automotive wireless back up video", as a gift, the unit do not work, I called Gadget Universe and was told to send it back for a refund. at the time I placed my order (online) I was told that it would be free three day shipping, I received the unit THREE WEEKS LATER and was charged $14.95 for the free shipping. one month after I returned the item I called Gadget Universe and ask about my refund I was told that they we're sorry for the delay, but that I would be receiving a check in three to five days,
after another month I called them back to ask about my refund at this time I was told that they never received the returned item ? that's after I was told a month earlier that they had it in there possession. they have lost the item and now are refusing to refund my money. I am looking for the tracking number, I hope I can find it after three months. ( it's not their fault if I can't find it)
if you choose to do business with Gadget Universe get it in writing if they offer you anything free, if you talk to anyone get their name and keep a record, are you too my be their next victim of fraud.
I personally will never do any business with Gadget Universe again.
this is not the first time that I have had a problem with this company, the first time I had to return an item I had a very similar experience with the slow slow slow refund, but I did get my refund after two months. fool me ones shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. this has been a $122.65 lesson, shame on me for believing that Gadget Universe would be a reputable company. I just hope that someone can learn from my mistake.

More Gadget Universe Complaints & Reviews

Plus Gadget Universe - Terrible place [1]

A  24th of May, 2010 by
This company sux big time. (dba Gadget Universe and also Gravity Defyer)

If you call the 800 number, you get sent to a on-the-cheap Indian call center where most of the workers have accents so thick you can't understand them. They only take orders and read from very very short scripts.

If you ask anything else they tell you to call customer service #. They don't GIVE you the customer service #. They don't TRANSFER you to customer service. No, no. That's not in the script. They just politely tell you to eff off and call elsewhere.

If you work the phone menu system, you'll find a choice for customer service. If you choose it, you get thrown into 1960's elevator music and no one ever ever answers. Choose ANY phone menu system choice (other than "I wanna buy something") and you get the exact same thing.

If this is how they run their customer service, you can be durn sure their products are crapola too.