Gadget Universe / Terrible place

1 12621 Encinitas AveSylmar, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-429-1139

I tried to purchase Gravity-defyer shoes online from Gadget Universe. I purchased the shoes Jan 30, 2009. My order number is W00000080000, I also paid to have them UPS on a three day shipping. After the first week I called the customer service to be told they were changing to a new computer system and the shoes should be shipping that day.

The next week no shoes and customer service says they just had inventory so the shoes are shipping today. This went on for two more weeks. The shoes I purchased were on closeout special and the total cost of my order was $86.90. When the shoes finally arrived a month late I had been charged the full price of $146.00, they were also the wrong size. I ordered 11.5 the invoice said 11.5 but I received 8.5.

The company took one month to ship, they shipped the wrong product and they overcharged me. In the whole process they failed the entire transaction.

I called customer service, they apologized, they said they would ship me a new ups level in 6-8 business days, then ship me new shoes after they receive the wrong shoes. Also they would try right away to fix the overcharge.

I went to the UPS Store right away and shipped the shoes back. The overcharge was fixed the next day. Today 03/01/09 I see my bank account has been charged $146.95 again. I have never seen a company make so many mistakes. This is why shopping on the internet is difficult unless it's amazon. I will be contacting customer service tomorrow morning, if this isn't fixed ASAP then I call my Attorney General.

Ge

More Gadget Universe Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Re
      17th of Jun, 2009

They are a scam outfit. I ordered ONE pair, they sent two and charged me the sale price for one and the regular price for the other. I have been trying to get a refund since February and get nothing but the runaround... plus the ones I kept are junk. Poor quality, no cusioning at all in the front and the springs are a joke. Stay away from them!