Gaap Accounting / fraudulent company

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Iqbal Hakim and his company Gaap Accounting is a fraud company

he is adisgrace to the society.

please dont file taxes with him. he takes your money and runs away and is never traceable after april 15th

he is a real cheater and an un professional guy

More Gaap Accounting Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Su
      11th of Aug, 2009

I agree with Ravi he is untraceable, I got my refunds however I did not got any documents. I tried emailing and calling many times and I just cant get hold of them

• Sh
      9th of Feb, 2010

This guys are horrible...they spoiled my husband's return (because they demanded more money and settled with less) and they yet did not fill our tax, We have already consulted with our company lawer and he told us that we have every right to fight against him if we will not recieve our refund and 1040 with DCN number by next week or 21st Feb.
    He has prepared and agenda and already discussed the issue with very expereinced IRS lawyer to make a case against him.Credit card company is also aware of the situation.
    We will wait till then and update all.
    My husand also lost his mind and getting sick for the tension as he wants the approved 1040 asap.We asked the insurance also if any case we need to go to doctor, these guys can be responsible for laibility as well.
    lets see

• Ga
      3rd of Mar, 2010

You get the money but remember he has falsified your returns so that you are happy with the rerun amount. But this actually considered as a fraud for IRS. The IRS can return anytime in 3 years and can file a fraud case against you. He won't be responsible at all.

His 2 common tactics are,
    #1 He will put a high amount like $3000 as capital loss in line 13 of 1040. This is not at all correct if you had no capital loss. Check for the meaning of capital loss on IRS faqs. He won't provide you with Schedule D as well.

#2 He will not give you the Schedule A of 1040. You should review this to know what stuffs he has put to itemise your returns.

I spoke with a lawyer here and as per him if you have already filed your taxes with him then you can't do anything except talking to the IRS directly. He also said that talking to IRS is the best an safest way to deal with crooks like Iqbal Hakim(Reading those cheap but hilarious poems on his website I want to call him MIrza Ghalib Jr.).

The worst case scenario is that you will have to pay the amount back to IRS if the amount is not real big. E.g. If he filed a return for $4000 instead of $200, then you will have to pay back the difference($3200) to IRS.

This in a way is far better because if IRS finds this out before you complain then you might have to hire a lawyer which is messy always. Most importantly, when you file a complaint with IRS then you are teaching this sob a lesson(they might convict him and put in jail) and also you will have the peace of mind for the fact that you don't have to worry about any audit in the next 3 years.