GAAP Accounting and Tax Services Inc / No response and no copy of tax return

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

I am not able to get hold of Mr.Iqbal Haqim of GAAP Accounting and Tax Services Inc, who filed
my tax returns for the yar 2007. I have been trying for last two months, calling, emailing and faxing without any success. I want to get hold of my copy of tax return and do not know how to reach him.
Some of the telephone numbers listed on the web site are de-listed (www.taxonfax.com "Contacts" page)

And postal mails sent to some of the addresses listed on the "Contacts" page are returned.

I have no idea how to reach him. I appreciate if any soul has any suggestions.

Thanks
Srini

Sr

More GAAP Accounting and Tax Services Inc Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ve
      9th of Feb, 2009

GAAP accounting and tax services are the best you get good refunds without any issues. Refund is more important than copy, as you can get copy from IRS also by just giving one call to them.

• To
      25th of Feb, 2009

GAAP Accounting is the most horrible tax consultants, They lie all the time, screw up with your tax returns. Will not provide you any papers whatsover and will be absolutely untraceable after April 15th. Been there, done that with them for past 5 years and speaking based on personal experience. Mr. Iqbal is a sweet talker but lies all the time. His standard answers are ... your papers are ready, will call you up tonight. Working on your case only etc... etc ...

I would personally advice people to avoid them, even if they claim to get higher tax returns dont torcher yourself for few extra dollar, if you get audited ... they wont stand behdind you, you cant even trace them. I had few friends from whom they said they have filed taxes, but turns out they didnt.

I am sure the positive post from Venket above is from Mr. Iqbal himself or his sons :-)

AVOID THEM AT ALL COST.

• Lo
      15th of Apr, 2009

FRAUD tax services. Have filed a 3949-A fraud case with IRS.

• Lo
      21st of Apr, 2009

I am a victim of gaap tax services too. I complained to BBB (better business bureau)and IRS(3949a form), and filed a dispute with the my credit card charges. all in all it took me an hour. The next day I got a refund of the amount.

My case, They said they have filed a complete false tax filings and now i cant contact them anymore; And I called IRS and realized they never filed.
    Dont feel like you can do nothing; yes you can do something about them.
    Just to inform you IRS has a tax fraud/abusive tax preparer complaint form 3949a, a 1 page form which is easy to fill out;

I am filing a complaint 3949 with the irs against GAAP. my ultimate goal is to take them of the streets.

If you have some time ; you can file a complaint too; they are the no.1 tax fraud services inc in usa; they perfectly fit the tax fraud description by IRS.
    they deserve it.
    here are some important irs links that can help you

tax abuse complaint form
    http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0, , id=106778, 00.html

abusive tax preparer/ tax fraud info
    http://www.irs.gov/compliance/enforcement/article/0, , id=130597, 00.html

this is the info you need to fill out the form
    Business Name :
    Principal Bus Activity:
    TAX preperation

• Ra
      22nd of Apr, 2009

i had filed my taxes with GAAP Accounting and tax services. Just try and give them a call and let them know that You need the documents, they`ll have to help You out. I did the same i calld them and gave my fax no they send the documents for me. regards,

• We
      1st of May, 2009

Guys, please note that the person raghuveer here who seems to have a soft corner for GAAP might actually be working for them. The text put in his comment is exactly the same as some other girl call Sneha who has given positive reviews about them in another chain on https://www.complaintsboard.com - https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/gaap-c71325.html

This is ridiculous. In fact when I had talked to Hakim and told him about these reviews on the site, in his defense he said - "They are HSBC guys trying to defame me" - HA!!! As if they don't have anything better to do.

19th of May, 2009

There are horrible, from past 2 months trying to get response no repsonse, other thing is they did not file my tax i came to know after calling IRS.
    I am planning to complain to all authorities.
    Worst Service.
    How to get my money back

Venkata

• Ku
      19th of May, 2009

Hey Venkata, I am on the same boat as you. I filed around apr 12 and waited for 5 weeks.

I called IRS just to make sure if they have filed or not... the answer from IRS - nothing under that SSN. Not even one reject as well...

Well that great guy charged me $400 and it already went through my credit card. I immediately called my credit card company and said that charge was not authorized by me. So I filed a dispute !!!

Hopefully I get a refund.

You can try doing the same !

Good Luck

Kumar

21st of May, 2009

I got refund from Mastercard, i am planning to complain to IRS.

• Je
      10th of Jun, 2009

I am in the same Boat. I filed for the first time in USA. I did not have ITIN for my spouse and kid. He suggested that he will file as Single initially and then apply for ITIN and tax Amendment together later. I agreed. He filed for single and I got my refund but after that he is untraceable. I call him everyday two times on the all the numbers available on www.taxonfax.com but he never responds. His voice mail is full. My ITIN application and filing of Tax Amendment is still pending.

HE IS A FRAUD. I dont know what people achieve by doing business like this ?

I have disputed the charges with my credit card company. Lets see what happens.

But, I will ask everyone to keep away from him.

• Ji
      17th of Jun, 2009

Anyone who is planning to approach Mr. Iqbal for Tax returns filing, keep in mind that he will be untraceable after 15th April. After 3 months long wait, I get to know from IRS that my Tax returns got rejected because he filled my last name wrongly. I am trying to trace him since then, and had been unsucessful so far.

• Pa
      7th of Jul, 2009

I emphasis agree with that...It's a SUPER FRAUD tax services in US.Instead of burning your self..pls don't go with him anymore.

• He
      17th of Jan, 2010

This guys hakim is a cheater. They lie to IRS to get you more refund. Beware of this accountant.

23rd of Jan, 2010

I have been filing with Gaap for the last 3 years and totally disagree with comments on them . They are in business for a long time and if they were cheats would have been in trouble long back. Iqbal Hakim is an internationaaly renowned auditor who picked up the core 9/11 financing and terrorist financing at HSBC. He is highly rated by international community ( google search him). He comes from a very rich family and his grandfather owned the Famous Cine Studio in Bombay and was a big film producer. Iqbal himself was in UAE for 20 years in various senior positions. He is a man of principles and could have made millions but choose to write two books against the UAE and HSBC.

23rd of Jan, 2010

We are a group of IT professionals working at TCS who have been filing our tax retuns with Gaap and are satisfied with their services. We strongly recommend them infact majority of TCS staff use their services every year and are their repeat clients

• Am
      23rd of Jan, 2010

i am a doctor i file my taxes for both business and individual from past 5 yrs from Mr. Iqbal company GAAP Accounting and Tax. Apart from that i know him personally he is a very good CPA. I am very satisfied with his services. I also know after April he meet people only on appointments. But still his services are best. VERY GOOD ACCOUNTANT A+.

• Sh
      24th of Jan, 2010

All the adverse comments are simply made to give a bad image of GAAP. Let me analyse them

A guy called Srini comments that he did not receive a copy of his tax retutn - All he had to do is call IRS and request a copy of hie TAX Return. IRS in less than 10 minutes would have faxed him and mailed him an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT, FREE OF CHARGE.

Even H&R Block which files for 35% of tax returns are closed after tax season. Tax Business is seasonal and one should understand that but GAAP can be reached through emails and appointments after tax season at their NY office.

One person says he is filling for the past 5 years and fed up from GAAP's service - Then why is he filing with them if they are bad. Other says that a fraud complaint has been filed with all authorities, if that was true GAAP would not have been in business.

Applying for tax ID is a not done through E filing but a manual one which takes atleast ONE MONTH. A TAx ID is like an SSN and IRS determines whether a person qualifies for getting an ITIN or not. It is not automatically granted so if you have not received your ITIN or received it late, you cant blame GAAP for it.

Having known them for 5+ years I stongly recommend them and compare them with other accountants.

• Sr
      24th of Jan, 2010

There is a good old Indian Song - Kutch to log Kahenge, Logo ka kaam hai Kahena. Chodo Bekar ki bato mein beet na jaye rehana. My experince with Gaap since coming to USA in 2005 is very good

• We
      25th of Jan, 2010

The last negative comment was 7 days back and the one before that was some 200 days old (as of today). All of a sudden a surge in good reviews that too at a time when GAAP wants clients. Hmm... Point to ponder

• Ka
      25th of Jan, 2010

I know Mr Iqbal Hakim for the past 4 years and I'm still filling my taxes with him I disagree with all the bad comments.
    He is a well know CPA and Accountant I recommend to all my wipro employees to file the taxes with him.