GAAP Accounting and Tax Services Inc / Tax fraud

United States Review updated:
74 09 37th avenue ste 306e
Phone: 7185075682
Abusive tax preparer & tax fraud -
- false exemptions and deductions
- charges on % basis for tax filing ; charges 400$ for simple returns
- they filed a single status for a married person; when asked they say it is for maximum return.
- no reply if you find a mistake
- they talk nice and sweet until they get the money after that they don't want to talk to you.
- will not provide you with a copy of your returns; had to call them 10 times over a period of 15 days to get partial tax returns, they do not send you your complete tax returns.
- they do everything which irs points out as suspected fraud / abusive tax preparers.

Form irs website
1. Avoid return preparers who claim they can obtain larger refunds than other preparers.

- - - - - - this is thier motto; their website says that too; this is what thier website says
" we'll get you a good refund sum";
"your refund will pay for more than your new suit and jersey";
" ensure uncle sam will not bark";

2. Avoid preparers who base their fee on a percentage of the amount of the refund.
- - - - - they charge 10% on your refunds; charged 400$ for simple returns;
3. Use a reputable tax professional that signs your tax return and provides you with a copy for your records.
- - - - never gives you a copy for yoru records
4. Consider whether the individual or firm will be around to answer questions about the preparation of your tax return, months, even years, after the return has been filed.
- - - - - will never answer you back; they disappear after they get your money and april 15th

More GAAP Accounting and Tax Services Inc Complaints & Reviews

A  16th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Called the IRS and found out that the tax returns have never been filed. but they charged 400$ and sent me acknowledgment of filed tax returns and said the taxes have been filed. This should be enough to sue them, . and gaap accounting, here comes a lawsuit against you!!
A  17th of Jun, 2009 by
I had a horrible experience with Mr. Iqbal too. They charged me even before they provided me any service. Their explanation. They need to charge me before my details can be entered in their system. (They asked me for a credit card/ debit card number, and I did not realize that it was to charge me until I found the transaction on my account. Unfortunately, I was charged on my debit card. )

My filing was done a week later or probably after a month. Because, a month later, after I made repeated calls to inquire the status of my refunds they again asked the ITIN of my dependent.

I was told an amount as my State tax refund, but finally I got a credit of close to 1/3rd of what I was told, to my account. I called up the Tax officials, and they informed me that the filing was done for a much lower amount than what I was told Mr. Iqbal's assitant.

9 out of 10 times I tried contacting them, they were not even reachable. I have been repeatedly asking them to send me the copy of the returns filed, but haven't got them mailed to me despite repeated assurances.

I never got any Federal tax refunds. It is 4 months since my filing, (or at least since I was charged for the service). A few weeks ago when I inquired with IRS they told me that my e-returns file got rejected because my last name was given wrong. I have been trying to reach them since then to re-submit my returns, but in vain.

If you are reading this, and if you haven't already tried them, my suggestion, Never go to GAAP Accounting.
N  24th of Jan, 2010 by
You are really a stupid person if you give your credit or debit card - you dont seem so. You are just trying to blame them because your refund was delayed - If you provide wrong last name. You should have informed them when you received a copy of tax retun (thankfully you dont complain that you never received one
N  24th of Jan, 2010 by
Getting ITIN from IRS is time consuming and delay is therefore normal. Just applying for ITIN does't mean you will get one. It is for IRS to decide so, if IRS does not give you a ITIN, Gaap is not to be blamed. Obviously if your dependent's ITIN is not granted you will receive less refund. Simple maths
N  24th of Jan, 2010 by
If legal suits were ever filed Gaap would have been closed down long back. They have been in business and continue to do well because there are thousands of loyal customers who appreciate their professionalism.

By the way which person would give credit card details in advance just to open a file? obviously he is lying and hiding the facts
N  13th of Feb, 2010 by

Gaap Accounting Tax Services - Torture
Gaap Accounting Tax Services
New York
New Jersey

Iqbal Hakim is a terrorist.
D  2nd of Apr, 2010 by
Sridevi and Sharad better teach maths to your guru Hakim ...he is very poor in that...are we all mad here to complain..dont we haev any other work...i also had very very bad experince with these people...this Hakim uncle will talk very sweet till he get his money...once he charge us then he is never in office...always he will say i am currently outside will reach officce in the evening, in the night...god knows what bbuinsess he does being out of office...and strange is he will attend the office phone and will say i am out side...are we stupid Hakim ???...such a lier and fraud...dont belive this person ...he will be on street just wait for few days...
N  28th of Jan, 2012 by
Hey Guys...I would say the customer support may be bad...but i never had any problems in getting my tax returns...it may take sometime...we have to track in the IRS site cleverly and do not bug him...it is all with IRS after it filed by GAAP.
I did twice and this is my third year..My friends more that 10 people got their tax returns and they are happy...