GAAP Accounting and Tax Services Inc / Tax fraud
Abusive tax preparer & tax fraud -
- false exemptions and deductions
- charges on % basis for tax filing ; charges 400$ for simple returns
- they filed a single status for a married person; when asked they say it is for maximum return.
- no reply if you find a mistake
- they talk nice and sweet until they get the money after that they don't want to talk to you.
- will not provide you with a copy of your returns; had to call them 10 times over a period of 15 days to get partial tax returns, they do not send you your complete tax returns.
- they do everything which irs points out as suspected fraud / abusive tax preparers.
Form irs website
1. Avoid return preparers who claim they can obtain larger refunds than other preparers.
- - - - - - this is thier motto; their website says that too; this is what thier website says
" we'll get you a good refund sum";
"your refund will pay for more than your new suit and jersey";
" ensure uncle sam will not bark";
2. Avoid preparers who base their fee on a percentage of the amount of the refund.
- - - - - they charge 10% on your refunds; charged 400$ for simple returns;
3. Use a reputable tax professional that signs your tax return and provides you with a copy for your records.
- - - - never gives you a copy for yoru records
4. Consider whether the individual or firm will be around to answer questions about the preparation of your tax return, months, even years, after the return has been filed.
- - - - - will never answer you back; they disappear after they get your money and april 15th