GAAP Accounting and Tax Service / No Status on ITIN

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I asked this guy Iqbal Haqim to file ITIN for a dependent on me and even paid him enough fee for his services but he never submitted my forms to IRS. I kept on notarizing docs for him but all in vain; even after taking the money he did not do his job at all.

Dont ever file taxes through him

Comments

11th of Mar, 2009

I am lucky to read this forum before submitting my taxes through him. I'll not go to him
    Thanks

• Vi
      12th of Mar, 2009

I also did the same mistake this year. I have read thee reiviews after submitting. Dont submit it through this ###ers. They are no.1 fraud company in US. I have lost lot of money but submitting through them. The pathetic is part is my salary is very less I have lost more than $500.

Can somebody let me know is there a way to register a case again them. If so, how to do it..? pls help.

• Mo
      20th of Mar, 2009

Hi
    I hadn't Revied this forum . And I Had submited to Them. Is there any way i Can Call IRS and ask them to stop.

• Ra
      20th of Apr, 2009

I know this person and can vouch for his honesty and integrity. All the above comments are fabricated by HSBC against whom he has written a book and there have been attempts on his life. Wall street Journal, Times of India and Air America speak highly on him. If he wanted to make tons of money he would have not wtitten and exposed 9/11 financing but simply kept quiet.

• We
      1st of May, 2009

###... HSBC has better stuff to do than write comments on https://www.complaintsboard.com

How do you explain his honesty and integrity when he files taxes for you by not asking you even a single question about your expenses and nature of work? How many CPAs do you know who refuse to show the deductions on the 1040 till you pay them 10% of the total refund amount? He is one of the most fraudulent persons I have spoken with.

Lets see you stand by him when I lodge a complaint with IRS against GAAP and make them audit all the tax payers for whom he has prepared tax returns.

• Ji
      17th of Jun, 2009

Don't go to Mr. Iqbal. He has already charged me, but after a long 3 months wait, I get less than half of the refund amount he has initially told me. I call the Tax office and they tell me that is how much the actual returns are filed for. Since then I am trying to reach Mr. Iqbal and he is completely untraceable.

• Su
      10th of Aug, 2009

I filed my taxes with him, they took wrong bank account number and no information was available for refund statsus, after trying 100 times I got hold of Iqbal and he filed my taxes and got refund. I have not recieved any tax documents, I moved to india in between and I am trying to call him at all the numbers and not able to reach him. Is there any way I can get my tax documents as I have to apply for a home loan in India, Any help or information in this regard is highly appreciated. agrawalsumit25 AT gmail DOT com

• Kr
      24th of Jan, 2010

I am suprised on the comments made against Iqbal and Gaap. My experience over the last 3 years is very good. Iqbal is a very professional and down to earth person and comes from a very wealthy family. He has authored 2 books and is an international celebrity. Gaap is in operation since 2002 and based on my recent discussion with Iqbal if anybody has an issue they can contact him on 201-707-2293. Infact he has been receiving offers from H&R Block to acquire his practice since last 3 years but has declined their offer. If GAAP was in bad books he would have sold off his practice. If complaints against him had any base or were true he would not be in business anymore.

• We
      25th of Jan, 2010

Krishnan, I have been looking at some complaints made against GAAP on this forum. What surprises me is that people are putting in positive feedbacks as replies to negative comments that were put in like more than 6 months back. What makes you put it now, specially at a time when GAAP wants clients. How much were you paid or are you Iqbal Hakim under an alias? :-)

By the way anyone wanting to take up the challenge of facing an IRS audit and coming out clean after having filed through GAAP please post so on this forum.

• Wa
      9th of Jul, 2010

This [censored]ng company had not at all a company of tax filing.. Very stupid communication... cant speak..english...hindi...such a miserable people on earth.. I lost my control over phone many times just because they took my money I had no other option to do...They didn't even provide me tax return papers and I cant even get hold of any phone number..any email or FAX..GAAPUSA SUCKS big time...These people need to kick out of country right away.. I wish some one does that to them... GOD save this world from this buglars...

Krishnan A K... You support these fellows?????? what a idiot you are!!!

• Vi
      12th of Jul, 2010

I too agree the same what others said about him .I too filled a tax & ITIN and i am yet to get money for my state returns from him.I already sent lot of emails on the same he never responded.Phone calls ended in vain.This guys are really not good to file tax.Please sue this company as they are real cheatters