GA Development / Job Scam

1 2 E. 22nd Street, Ste 300BLombard, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 630-916-4764

I replied to an ad in the Daily Herald newspaper for ###'t Manager paying $18.00 an hour (will train), I was scheduled for an interview on Wednesday February 4, 2009 and was told that I needed to bring my DL or ID, 3 references (Name & phone #), and $80.00 in CASH (No checks, no credit cards accepted) I was told the $80.00 was only necessary if I was hired for this job for registration fees and paperwork. The lady doing the interview led me to believe that this was an actual "office job" and conducted the interview that way. In the end she offered me the job and I accepted giving her the $80.00. She told me my training would start that Friday. She gave me papers that I needed to fill out and bring back along with another $300.00 for books. This is not an actual job. There is no office. This is selling their products after they "train" you for 12 weeks. I was a little confused on what had just happened until I got home and it all registered with me. I had just been scammed. The next day I called her to let her know that I was not interested in this and wanted my $80.00 back and she told me no that it is not refundable unless I complete their training. I tried to expain that I hadn't even started the training and did not have their books or any of their property, but she just kept telling me no refund. Times are hard right now and people like this need to be shut down. (Locked up in jail cells actually) I have notified the Daily Herald and they have received several calls just like mine and advised me to contact the Lombard Police Dept to file a formal complaint. I am going to do just that tomorrow morning, not for the $80.00 because that is gone, but I would like to see these people stopped before they do this to others.

More GA Development Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ga
      24th of Feb, 2009

Hi, I'm Ms Aliu, the actual woman that interviewed this individual, and It's a little funny she forgot to mention she was refunded the money the following day! She calls us a SCAM, but, all that acronym means is Scared Consumer Avoiding Mistake! Question: Didn't she have the option not to come in? Didn't she forget to mention she was told all of this before she came in? Why after she accepted the position did she changer her mind initially knowing there was a 300 deposit? Couldn't she just walk out? Why doesn't she mention why she changed her mind? People leave excited about the opportunity, then they let someone outside influence them to change there mind! POOR stands for Passing Over Opportunities Regularly..Everyone reading this has a choice to make Option A listen to an unemployed consumer Option B Listen to some already making a 100k a year! I welcome anyone, wanting change their lives, join me in the Top 1% of the US, because it is a fact that only 1% of the people in the US make a six figure income! Listen to the 99% or the 1% making things happen..See you soon!

24th of Feb, 2009

Ms. Aliu, what I want to know is what you have to say about the other people who have called and complained. Coincidence? Or in fact a scam you are trying to run and now trying to cover up because someone actually had the guts to warn others about your shadiness. Your job offer does sound appealing, but if you really think about it, why would you have to pay $380 to get a job? People get jobs to earn money. Never in my life have I ever heard of paying to get a job.

Now having said that, I have a question...Once you have offered the job to an individual, do they in fact get the job. Or is it only after they complete the "training" and you get you $300 do you decide whethere or not they are hired? I know someone who this happened to. She had to pay $80 for who knows what, and then another $300 to take some classes and once the classes were over they told her that she did not "pass". Not only was it a waste of her money, but also a waste of her time. All that time she could have been looking for a job and possibly been employed.

Please tell me your thoughts on this, because I would love to know if this is a great opportunity like you say. Or if we are all right about your "company".

• Ga
      24th of Feb, 2009

Well we are not the only company who does business that require a deposit not a fee. All money given is in writing, and stated REFUNDABLE! People complain it's part of doing business. Look at wal-marts complaints, and any other business making a real statement in the business world! We know we can't satisfy everyone, and at the same time we dont want to. I personally went through the same training that I hire for. Don't people go to college and pay over 40k in school loans, only to find out the position they trained for is not available. Does that individual get there money back? We would't call school a scam! We train you to be in Business Management, which is the third highest paid profession in the US. Question: Let's say that your cousin joined our program, and then quit. Does that mean you wouldn't succeed? No, Johnny Wimbrey said "Do not let someone else experiences be your reality!" I'm proud of what we do because I came here from Kosovo!, and our organization gave me a chance with no experience at all! Not to bad for a 21 year old from a different country! Anyone can come in a nd check it out, it cost nothing to do that right? Come with an open mind, and If you don't like you can get up and walk right out the door..True? Thanks for your response, and I look forward to meeting you if you are serious about change! I will leave you with this, Albert einstein said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result" If you do what you did this last year, this year, next year will not be any different! You need to change your destination.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Aliu

24th of Feb, 2009

Ok everything you say is very convincing, but you still havn't said anything about the other people who had the same complaints...it can't be coincidence right?

Now you really cant compare yourselves to a college. No one pays money to go to college to then find out that what they went to school for is not available. If that was the case then they would take that program out of the colleges. People get degrees because at that point that is the type of job they want in the future. Now if they dont get a job in that field its because that is their decision...that has nothing to do with the college. But you guys on the other hand are telling all these people that they are hired and they have the job only to find out later that they never had it at all. How do you explain that? When there is a position open you give it to one person not 10 and have them compete for it. School is not a scam at all, people go to get an education to later have a career. You guys are not a school, you are putting out ads to employ people. So if thats what you say you are going to do than follow through. Why are you putting people through classes if you are not intending to hire them? I am still not convinced on what you guys do, who you are, and if everything you say is true. Your arguments are not very good. I mean I want to know what you have to say, not hear a bunch of quotes.

24th of Feb, 2009

Also, why is there no info on the web about you guys?

And whats up with The Diamond Dynasty business card?? Why doesnt it say GA Development on it? It just all seems a bit shady. Nothing about it makes any sense. I mean the only way to really convince some one of something is to answer the questions they are asking, give them more in depth info on your business, and stop quoteing things because that makes it seem like you are avoiding/covering up things.

• Fi
      25th of Feb, 2009

So how many managers do you need for this one job? You lure these people in with the pretense of a managers job paying $18.00 an hour that $18.00, very appealing right now with the way the job market is. Tell me something how many interviews @ 80.00 a pop do you do a day. If you interview 20 people a day that is $1600.00 per day &8000.00 per week, $32, 000.00 per month what a great scam you got going there. we are bringing you down!!!

25th of Feb, 2009

YES!!! THANK YOU fightingback!!

I was just thinking about this yesterday. They interview so many people and they get all these people to bring in $80 IN CASH MIND YOU and they are just pocketing it, because honestly what would they even use this money for? Books? Im sure they use the same books over again.

Now what some people might not know is that these people who are running this operation, just came back from Vegas. They told my friend who went in for an interview that not only did they just come back from vegas, they are going to Florida...the lady who does the interview wears a huge diamond ring. Thats where all these poor peoples money is going. I feel horrible, they lure them in with such promising figures but then kick them to the curb when they have their money. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO FIGHT THIS PLEASE!
    File police reports, report them to the BBB anything that will help in shutting them down. They deserve everything that is about to come to them.

• Lo
      25th of Feb, 2009

Amazing, because concerned 2009 just received a refund today! They all are bored and are afraid to make money...lol

• Lo
      25th of Feb, 2009

You guys need to get a life, my friend worked there, and he has a office in Atlanta right now! I gues it wasn't a scam for him..lol

26th of Feb, 2009

OMG you guys are so stupid, your just giving yourselves away. You think you know who I am but you have no idea. I never gave you guys any money. I wasn't the one of the ones you fooled. I never went on this interview because I know 2 people that have fallen for this kind of scam. So wut do u mean i received my refund???? I have never even set foot in ur office. I make good money at my job. Your the one who needs to get a life if all you do is try to defend yourselves. We are trying to warn people. We dont want to talk to you so why are you always on here defending yourselves.

I cant believe how stupid you are making yourself look right now. The first comment you wrote makes it sound like you work there and you personally gave back WHOEVER their money. Then the second comment you wrote makes it seem like you dont work there, you just know someone that does.

Thanks for the good laugh!

2nd of Mar, 2009

OMG!!! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A JOB FOR WEKS NOW AND I WAS SO EXCITED WHEN I SAW THIS LISTING IN THE PAPER! AND I ACTUALLY JUS CALLED IN TODAY AND THEY WANTED ME TO COME IN FOR AN INTERVIEW TOMARROW AND BRING 80.00 !!! I WAS LIKE WHAT !!!BUT WHAT EVER I THOUGHT IT WOULD GET ME A GOOD JOB AN THAT I WOULD GET TH MONEY BACK. I HAVE FALLEN FOR A SCAM LIKE THIS ONCE BEFORE SO I FIGURED I WOULD LOOK UP THIS COMPANY ONLINE AND SEE WHAT THEY ARE ABOUT; AND INSTEAD I FIND ALL THESE COMPLAINTS!!! AND I WAS MAD BECAUSE I WAS EXCITED TO HAVE AN INTERVIEW BUT NOW I KNOW ITS A SCAM!!!SO THANKS EVERYONE WHO IS COMPLAINING BECAUSE IT SAVES PEOPLE LIKE ME FROM GOIN THROUGH ALL THAT CRAP AGIAN!! GOOD LOOKING OUT!!LOL SCREW YOU GA DEVELOPMENT!!!

13th of Mar, 2009

A friend who suffers from mental illness came back from an interview with Mrs. Aliu and told me how excited they were to have been hired for a job starting at $18.00/hour. They went on and on about how their life was finally coming together after their recent release from an area behavioral health hospital and that all they needed was this chance to prove themselves. I thought it must be too good to be true and went looking for information about The Diamond Dynasty and Mrs. Aliu and see that my suspicions came true. This person has been institutionalized much of their life and have no work experience which Mrs. Aliu told them that this was good because they would be easier to train. My fear is that this disenchanted man will have been pushed over the edge and will be re-institutionalized for committing another violent act on this Mrs. Aliu. Of course she deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law but this person should not be held responsible for becoming enraged after being swindled for trying to do the right thing.

16th of Mar, 2009

Thank you for this complaint. I was scheduled for an interview today, but I will not be going. I am a college student and don't have 80 dollars at all and would have had to barrow if i had been hired. How sad of a person must you be to scam people out of money they probably can't afford to lose.
    Go back to Kosovo. We help our neighbors in this country, not scam them.

• Bh
      30th of Mar, 2009

My friend works for Georgia State as a full time employee and in his department experienced people were asked to go since the Governor Sonny Purdue wants to give all Information technology contracts to IBM and AT&T to save money. Even the managers not sure how it is going to save money. The employees are paid dirt cheap rate and the IBM will charge minimum 150$ per hour and the they will not be as flexible like employees. The employees work count less hours of work without any overtime and they are answerable to the people. When it is given to the contract there is no guarantee that the tax payers will get affordable service at a competitive price and when the contrator changes there will be lot of service issues. There is some thing fishy in the contract.

• Bh
      30th of Mar, 2009

Georgia State contract to IBM and AT&T

• Mp
      4th of May, 2009

people dont go to this job, , is just a scam, , they make you sell their product and this aint for no damn manager position.they tell u that u gonna become a manager, , and once u pay the money they make you sell stuff for them, , thats BS.all u get for paying the $300 is a worthless fire extinguisher...and i dont know why they say that they refunded that lady her money back when i didnt received mine back...and the thing is that u have to sell their product in order to get payed(supposevely) so even if u fill out the questionaries they give you to go and do the presentation to ur family and friends.. i did the presentation to people and they were not interested in buying no alarms or nothing so i didnt sell nothing and i didnt got payed for the questionaries...they tell you that they are gonna pay you for the questionaries you complete..but turns out that u have to sell in order to get payed, , they just rip people off thats all they do...so people dont waste your time on this scam and go look for other jobs.so people if you wanna waste your time and get ripped off go to this job scam but i recomend all of you people not to go...PEOPLE DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!

• Mp