G F InstituteG F Institute Scam

1 Review updated:

I received a notice that I had been approved for a release of government funds to me in the amount of $25, 000 from the G F Institute in Kansas City, KS which I would not have to repay.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Papillion, NEThe money could be used for anything I deemed appropriate (e.g. bill payment, travel, healthcare, etc.) The phone number given to call for more information was [protected]. Thanks to this website I did not make the call. BE WARE!

Comments

• Be
      Mar 21, 2009

have been receiving calls from this # and now receive approved grant for #25, 000 respond in 36 hrs.

• Wa
      Apr 22, 2009

I received a letter today (APR22-2009) from the G.F. Institute in Kansas City, Kansas. When I called, it was a recorded message about $25K for me, if applied for. The letter was very deceiving in saying, "Pending Amount: $25, 000.00, Agency Access: G.F. Institute, Release Approval: Pending, Verified and Authenticated by: JD, Form Number: 25K - GFI-0809//PEND, Prep Dept.: Fund Release" ... very deceiving indeed. They want you to buy a kit that will show you how to access grants for a mere amount of money.

IT'S A SCAM! BEWARE!

• Ge
      Apr 27, 2009

Yes and today i received my letter from them stating the pending amount of 25k and to call [protected] within 36 hours .First thing i did was get on my computer and typed G.F. Institute and found this complaint site.Thanks to all for posting and helping us hard working Americans from getting our selves into further finance situations .Ive been trying hard to find out if i qualify for a small business loan or can get a Goverment Grant to start my own business but have had no luck.Seems a lot of scammers are making a lot of money to get you the info it takes to get a Government grant or Small business loan from the Government, and even when you submit your info to one, you start getting all this mail and emails saying you qualify.I too feel there should be something done to stop these people from doing this .Thanks for reading

• Ke
      May 19, 2009

yes i feel these people that are doing this to us insent people should be put in a cage with nothing till death couse its the only way its not going to happen again from this person is when we no that he cant even take a nother breath of air to live on ive been scamed before from these people and i was told by the F B I that if it happenes again that they will hold u the party that got scamed at fault and puniched by law for fine as well as prison trem so if u have to send or pay up front that was free or u have won its not true its a froud and then u will pay be carefull ken washington state

May 21, 2009

If you did not ask for any grants or loans or you think that it sounds to good to be true, you know it's a scam.
    I to received this so called letter qualifiying for $25K. but it not the first time I have received it. If you pay attention it will come in the mail agian a few months later.

• Dm
      May 27, 2009

i also just took this info out of the mail but after coming on this site i notice the phone # is not 1-866 but 1-877 so beware they are giving up. hopefully site like these will continue to help others to be careful before given any monies to these types of predators .

• Gm
      Jun 11, 2009

Today (6/11/09) I received my letter from them stating the pending amount of 25k also. Isn't it funny how the phone number is different, mine is [protected]. I have bought into these before, with absolutely no results. Whether you are paying 1 dollar or 59 dollars you're making the scam artist rich. If a scam artist charges 1 dollar and gets a million people to respond, we've just made him a millionaire. So don't fall for it or believe it, no matter where you see or recieve the ad. buyer beware...

• Ju
      Jun 16, 2009

I too received this letter and my first impulse was to toss it in the wastebasket. I believed that is was bogus. But then my family said to check it out. With the cost of education sky rocketing these days everybody could use a little help. I dug it out of the wastebasket and typed the name in and it brought me to this site and many others like it. Sites like this are so very important to all of us anymore with so many people out there trying to scam us out of the money that we have worked so hard for. Thanks to sites like this many of us are spared from have to find out the hard way.

• Ha
      Jun 16, 2009

yes today i received mail from the g.f. institute kansas city kansas my deadline to response :36 hours to confirm my interest to received my 25.000.00

it"s not a good ideal to play around with the government and people to be approved for something so minnie of hard working people needs so that all you all have to do is to play around with lifes please find someone besides me whom: needs so very bad with everything that going in this world who have time to play scams STOP hard worker

• Yu
      Jun 17, 2009

I don't see how some people could just set on thier ### and think of such brilliant ways to get money but nobody coming up with any solution for restoring this economy what a damn waste of talent maybe if we all get off this American Idol trip and who wants to be a millionaire we could focus on things that are more important for man kind. yuel the A*

• Mb
      Jun 17, 2009

I received my notice for the same as all the others the only difference being, I see, is the phone number, the phone number on my notice is [protected]. Everything else is the same. Its just unbelievable how people are so willing to scam other people. These type of people have no conscious, or morals. Just be careful, its so many scams out there. Always check, the wayyou did to get to this site. You can also check your local or nationwide Better Business Bureau (BBB) online, and to file a complaint. I know its time consuming but I think in the long run its worth it. These scam artists are banking on you not wanting to expend any time to fill out complaint forms or look up any info on them, so make them out as a lie and just DO IT!!!

MB

• Sm
      Jun 19, 2009

I am so glad that I got on the internet to check this out before I called the number for this 25k grant respond in 36hrs call the number [protected] which is a different number that I have seen you all post in your comments so thank you for saving me the time of actually calling and seeing if it was a legit deal. There is another one out there that will actually send you a check for a certain amount that is a big scam. My dad received a check for 4k dollars and he called the number the guy told him it was a legit deal my dad then took it to his bank and they told him that the check was a fraud and he then told the bank that the man told him that all he had to do was to deposit into his account and then go shopping at the listed stores and then return the items and that is how he would make money. The bank then called the number and the number had been disconeccted and when they ran the routing # and other numbers on the check it was an actual bank but a fraudulent check so beware of these type of things as well.

• Bi
      Jun 26, 2009

I just received a letter from G.F Institute. This one also claims a pending $25, 000. The phone number on this one
    is [protected]. I also get these things in my email. I know they are scams. Something really mustg be done to stop these crooks. This letter makes it look like I'm actually getting the $25, 000. This is just one of many scams
    that are going around.

Jul 02, 2009

I also received a letter alerting me of my $25k grant. I did not call the # instead I checked out your web page to see if it was a scam. Thank u.

• Tr
      Jul 12, 2009

I too also received the letter from gf institute about grant money but the number i received was [protected] it is nothing but a big group of scam artist in the country and i found out through local agencies any ads that ask for money up front is nothing more than a scam these people need to be stopped immediately thank you for reading

Jul 13, 2009

i wont to know is this a scam or is this true

Jul 13, 2009

The federal government is so busy spending your money and your children's future that they don't have time to deal with these scammers.
    Yep, hell is going to be very crowded!

• Pg
      Jul 14, 2009

My husband just received one of these letters. I told him it was a scram and went on line to prove it. Thank you for the proof!
    P. Geathers

• Mi
      Jul 14, 2009

I just recieved this letter from G.F. Institute but the phone number is [protected] so be careful of all the number changes. It also stated that I had a $25k grant pending. I'm glad I lloked them up on the internet and thank you all for making this web site for viewers like me. Its good to know that there are people out there to do care unlike these scammers. I don't know how they live with themselves scamming people. It hurts me to see that there are people out there like this.

• Su
      Jul 15, 2009

yea got this today 7/15/09... phone # is [protected] ..these r scams scams scams

• Su
      Jul 16, 2009

I too just received my letter for guaranteed $25K from the government. First, they need to obtain people that speak fluent English that can actually speak to you. Second, I thought that if you were an American citizen that this money should be offered to you without having to pay for a CD that doesn't even guarantee to you anything but they sure do know how to take your money. When I spoke to someone there, they actually stated that the $69.00 pays for them to help me obtain loans. How do I know if they are not receiving more of a grant then they are actually sending me? IF ANY $$ BEING SENT MY WAY. I think that during this economic crisis that we all are in, we ALL should join to help out each other to obtain our dreams and make them reality by BUYING PRODUCTS THAT HAVE MADE AND DISTRIBUTED IN THE U.S.A.

• Pa
      Jul 20, 2009
    G F Institute - $25,000 free grant money
    G F Institute
    Kansas City

Letter states its a free grant of $25, 000, the phone call does not cost anything, nor do you have to pay any bit of the money back to them. Its all free, what a scam they want money for a guide book, the phone call I believe will show on my bill as me being charged a fee. What a scam, please don't fall for this people. I am a single mom, losing her job due to the economy, trying to start a small business and am finding no help out there. Don't make this mistake. Basically every grant there is you have to put money into. What happens when you don't have any money to put into it?

• Ak
      Jul 20, 2009

i just went to the mail box and saw this letter and the front said 25, 000 grant from U.S. goverment Approved from this G.F. institute kansas city kansas so i open it i thought this is great i could pay off thing get a house so i was going to call tomorrow but i thought i am going to google this first just to see the web site but there is not one and the only thing that can up were hundred of people from a bunch of sites saying this is a scam i am so glad i google this first i am putting it in the trash right now thanks to everyone who said this is a scam

• Fe
      Jul 23, 2009

I received my notice of approval from this crapola scam today too. The toll free number on mine is [protected]. I knew from the jump it it a scam, just wanted to add this number to the long list of shuckin' and jivin' these slugs are doing. The Presorted Standard US Postage Paid permit number is 1514, and as apparently per usual is from Carol Stream, IL. I would venture to say that if you DO call the number, they capture your phone number, and even if you don't fall for THIS particular scheme to defraud, they'll use it to try you on another one. They'll also probably sell your name and phone number to other scammers. If they put as much effort into a legitimate job, they'd have been rich long ago...sorry SOB's!!!

• Mo
      Jul 23, 2009

I received my first letter from them today. But the number on mine is [protected]. No one has posted this one. Why the hell are they doing this? I know as well as a lot of other people i need this money. Why get people excited they are going to help then screw us all over. I know there a lot of single mothers out there like me with no job and no help from the father. At first i was like oh my gosh is this for real? then i thought about it and looked up the company or w/e you wanna call it and this site popped up. so i am extremely happy this was here. or i would have been screwed over. Thank you guys for being there for people like me.

• Ta
      Jul 24, 2009

i had also got a letter that i was approved for a grant of 25, 000.00 and the number that they had given me was [protected] but i knew something was up when i had gotten this and i didnt apply for anything like this

• Ke
      Jul 25, 2009

I recieved a letter today in the mail to receive 25k for a grant but when i called it was a recording then i got on the computer and type d in their name and this web site popped up thank you. I knew it was to good to be true.

• Ba
      Jul 28, 2009

This is a joke and scam! Be careful! When is the FBI going to stop this ###! Also, becareful with stuff on Craigslist, that is another site that doesn't care about it's users.

• 12
      Jul 28, 2009

I jus got mine today happy as hell until i typed it in online and now i see its a scam thanx people, but how the hell can you tell if the letters are real or fake??? Cuz idk and these people piss me off Im in debt bcuz the free money im suppose to be recieving.

• Je
      Jul 29, 2009

Me too!!! new number [protected] i got mine 07/29/2009 APPROVED IMPORTANT RELEASE OF GOVERNMENT FUNDS PENDING amount $25.000.00 thats no all i posted in for that PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE and now i keep getting rewards and grants in the mail// be careful because its alwasys a scam i got a National Awards Advisory from NACC for $1, 900.000.00 last week It looked real the Award paper just like the G.F. Kansas. its all a scam and both have been going on for a long time. i see a lot of ppl have reported both scams and nothing has been done... maybe its the goverment??? ppl like us will never no because we r the ones who need it and they r the ones who r taking it. all i got to say is IT MUST BE NICE!!!

Jul 30, 2009

ya'll gave me a number that do not work and i can't confirm my grant my release code is [protected] call asap [protected]

• 2b
      Jul 30, 2009

I received my first letter from them today. But the number on mine is [protected]. good thing i researched it before i got really upset that the line was disconnected. i am also a stay home mom with one income in the house and a large bill that is stuck with me, till i start working. thank god this is here to let people know that this is real. nothing is free!!!and that the economy is bad. we need a job!!!

• Aj
      Jul 30, 2009

I too have recieved this same notice that a $25k grant is pending payment. Where do they get this info and how can I stop recieving these mailings? I receive mailings at least twice a week that I have potentially won millions. I get excited but then read the fine print and find that there is no way to send those in without payment. I thought that there was a law that restricted sweepstakes to require money to enter. Well thanks to this website I know not to respond to any of those.

• Tl
      Jul 31, 2009

I have a letter also same information. Did this G.F place get the money released in my name? Did they take the money and run? [protected]@yahoo.com

• Me
      Jul 31, 2009

Iam grateful very helpful site. And 25, 000 does sound nice right about now but nothing is for free that is for shore.

• Co
      Aug 01, 2009

Today I got my 25, 000 "grant" letter from G.F.Institute in Kansas, I too googled this and found these complaints.Thanks to everyone who shared in exposing this as a scam!I saw one complaint dated Dec. 2008.today is Aug 1 2009 and they are still sending these out! Why can't they be stopped!

• Re
      Aug 03, 2009

I have recieved the same thing and it says on the phone i have called the wrong number. people should catch the scammers of who is doing this its wrong to mess around the government.

• Sc
      Aug 03, 2009

I also received the "approved grant" notice in the mail. I gullibility called
    the number: it was [protected]. It had a auto-matted message saying that " The mobile number you have called is out of service, message v03" something like that. I thought to myself at first, maybe I miss dialed it, so again, I called; same message. My boyfriend said it was a fake. So I gave up. Never again will I call it!!!

"PEOPLE OUT THERE, IF YOU GET A G.F. INSTITUTE APPROVED GRANT LETTER, ITS A PHONY!!! RIP IT UP, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR!"
    -K.S.

• El
      Aug 07, 2009

I received my letter a couple months ago, and my naive butt went and called the number, actually let them run my card for $65.00, telling me I can cancel if I get denied for 3 grants.. I should have known it was a scam because it did seem too good to be true. Plus they told me if I wanted to keep my "account" open, it would be appox. $15.00/mo. if I don't call and cancel w/in 1 mo. Well, I tried calling and all the numbers they have provided are not in service and the website that they gave me in the paper they mailed to me does not even exist! I didn't put it together until the numbers were not in service and I even tried calling the numbers listed above from other people- and of course they do not work either! I am so upset I let myself get so caught up in something I really though my family and I could benefit from because we could of really used the money. Well, I learned my lesson this time, and will never let myself get caugh up in something ever again!