Fx Supplements/acai Berry Maxx / Rip-off

1 Arlington, VA, United States Review updated:

I placed an order for the Acai Berry Maxx on November 23, 2008 for the $5.95 charge that was for shipping and handling. I thought I would receive within a few days, but here it is almost 2 weeks later and still nothing. I e-mailed several days ago, no response. I e-mailed them two days ago, and again no response. I called their toll-free number and a recording comes on saying the mailbox is full. I e-mail them again yesterday to cancel the order. Then I go American Express to check my credit card account, and low and behold they charged me the $5.95 on the same day I placed the order. I know it is against the law for a company to charge your credit card before they ship your product. Then I called the phone number that was shown under the charge/reference number. The line is busy, which tells me they probably have it disconnected. I am totally pissed off. As soon as my husband is out of earshot, I'm calling AMEX to file a dispute. If my husband knows about this, he will have a fit. I am disgusted!

Do

Comments

• Sh
      1st of Dec, 2008

I ordered the 5.95 free trial and then was charged a 79.95 on my account which was not authorized.

• Ru
      3rd of Dec, 2008

they tookstole 79.95 from me!!!
    ruth

4th of Dec, 2008

yes very crooked - however, if you issue a dispute w/your credit card co. you need not pay.
    The web site states that you have so many days to stop the charge; however, the mailbox if always full & there is no way to cancel.
    In addition, file a complaint with the Better Business Burea & the post office for mail fraud as the original "Trial" was sent via the mail.
    Help stamp out this fraud!!!

• Gw
      5th of Dec, 2008

Don't feel too badly - I did the same exact thing and I'm no ###. Next time I will make sure to locate a telephone number and actually call that number before placing ANY order online. I did find a resolution for myself. Luckily I realized this might be a scam after only 12 days of not receiving my "trial order." The fine print states that yu will be automatically enrolled on a monthly basis for near $80 a pop unless you CANCEL. Well, wouldn't it be nice if you COULD cancel your order? Nice. Telephone numbers don't work. Emaila addresses supplied appear to be bogus. Live chat doesn't work either. So, I called my cc company to check the status and to see if there was anything I could do to avoid the upcoming approx $80 expected to post to my account - since there is obviously no way to actually cancel your order. The only thing I could do was get refunded the 5.95 since I never received anything - then CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD. That way, they cannot charge you anything additional. I know its too late for you - but I would dispute the charges through your cc company and then bite the bullet and cancel your card. They'll send you a replacement cc within 3 days. You may have to admit this one to your husband. Sorry! Both Acai Berry Maxx and My Colon Cleanse are scams!

• St
      17th of Dec, 2008
    FX Supplements/Acai Berry Maxx - Can't cancel/non existant sites
    Fx Supplements
    Arlington, TX 76011
    Arlington
    Texas

Partially filled out order form, then canceled order, still got it. Tried to cancel membership, but all e-mail address came back non-existant. Tried calling but all numbers given were for the real Acia berry site and they said it was a scam using their phone number. Had to cancel my card and get a new one.

• Ke
      17th of Dec, 2008
    FX Supplements/Acai Berry Maxx - product not received
    North Carolina

I have an order number and confirmation of the order dated 11/30/2008. Not received as of 12/17/08 so I called the number on the confirmation. I got told that isn't their product. When I found the website and tried live chat got told that isn't them and isn't their product. So where did my money go and what recourse do I have???

• Ta
      21st of Dec, 2008

I too ordered the free trial of the Acai Maxx supplement for s/h $5.95. I now see a chage on my bank ststement for $85.90 that was not authorized and the product was not delivered. I called 1-866-484-2863 and the person on the other end could not find my account by my name or phone number! yet they can get into my bank account!!!
    I need my money creditied back into my account and my name removed from their comopany. I want a refund!!!

• Me
      23rd of Feb, 2009
    FX Supplements/Acai Berry Maxx - Fraudulent Behavior
    FX Supplements
    Arlington
    Texas
    Phone: 877 778-9035
    acaiberrymaxx.com

When ordering a trial bottle for a nominal cost, you are automatically enrolled in a system where they send you out bottles and charge approximately $85 each month, even if you cancel during the trial period. They ignore your cancelation, send you the bottles, and bill your credit card. When you call to cancel, you get a recording and can not leave a message. Cancellations through their e-mail cancelation address are ignored, and the bottles and charges keep coming.

• La
      23rd of Feb, 2009

by jack
    Posted on this website;

PURE ACAI BERRIES
    Oak Hill, West Virginia

I AM 61 YRS OLD AND WHAT A FOOL I WAS, TO FALL FOR SUCH A SCAM AS THIS COMPANY HAS, ONE MINUTE AFTER I HAD FILLED IN THE FORM AND GAVE THEM MY DEBIT CARD NUMBER, I KNEW IT WAS A SCAM... I CALLED MY BANK AND TRIED TO HAVE THE PAYMENT STOPPED, THEY WOULD NOT DO THIS FOR ME.. I WAS TOLD CANCEL YOUR ORDER OR YOUR DEBIT CARD... I HAD ALREADY READ THAT YOU COULD NOT CANCEL THE ORDERS, FROM READING COMPLAINTS, ONLINE..SO I HAD TO CANCEL MY DEBIT CARD... I COULD NOT LOOSE ANY BIG AMTS . OF MONEY..
    MY SON WORKS FOR THE FBI, AND WHEN I CALLED HIM, AND TOLD HIM WHAT HAPPENED, HE SAID TURN IT IN TO THE FBI, MOM..SO I BEGAN MY PLAN, I CALLED THE NUMBER AND ON THE SECOND TIME THEY ANSWERED, I TOLD THEM HOW ANGRY I WAS TO BE SCAMMED, AND THAT I HAD ALREADY CANCELLED MY CARD, THEY COULD NOT CHARGE ME ANYMORE, I INFORMED THEM I WAS TURNING THIS IN TO THE FBI.. AND THE NEXT 2 DAYS, THEY CALLED ME ON THE PHONE, FIRST TWO CALLES I DIDN'T ANSWER, NOT KNOWING WHO IT WAS, THIRD CALL I PICK UP ON.. THEY ASK FOR ME BY NAME AND ASK ME IF I KNEW THAT I WAS ENROLLING IN THEIR CLUB, WHEN I ASK FOR THE FREE SAMPLE, I SAID NO, NO.. AND REMINDED HIM THEY COULD NOT GET ANYMORE MONEY FROM ME... I THEN EMAILED THEM WITH THE FACTS THAT I DISCOVERED ON THEIR WEBSITS, WITH PROOF THAT THEY WERE SCAMMING PEOPLE... WELL THE NEXT DAY THEY CHANGED THEIR SITES.. REMOVING SOME PICTURES OF A GIRL CLAIMING TO BE TWO PEOPLE WITH THE SAME STORY OF WEIGHT LOSS.. BUT I HAD ALREADY COPIED THESE PAGES.. AND ALSO COPIED THE LATER, WHICH I AM TURNING OVER TO THE FBI.. I FEEL FOR ALL YOU, JUST AS I FELT FOR MYSELF, KNOWING WHAT THOSE KINDS OF WITHDRAWALS FROM MY MONEY, WOULD KILL ME.. I FEEL VERY GLAD THAT WHEN I STOPPED MY DEBIT CARD THE 5.95 WAS THEN PUT BACK IN MY ACCOUNT, BUT I PAID 30.00 DOLLARS TO STOP MY CARD... I WANT THIS MONEY BACK FROM PURE ACAI BERRY... PLEASE STOP YOUR CARDS FOLKS ... WE NEED TO STOP THESE SCAMS..

• De
      3rd of Apr, 2009

I completely agree...I, too was suckered. I'm now going to have to cancel my credit card. Luckily, my credit card co. has always dropped the charges but have now told me to change card numbers. The fx supplement co. will not cancel my subscription after the trial order & they have sent more pills monthly since Jan. after they confirmed it was cancelled in Dec. '08. I have sent all pills back to sender unopened each month. I've called 5 different phone numbers & each one tells me they don't sell the product & have gotten similar calls about the acai berry maxx. I hope anyone who reads this will be very careful & do more homework from the company they order from than I did.

Denise