FWM Laboratories / acai berry

Hollywood, FL, United States Review updated:
4.85
Phone: 1-866-870-0692
I am now reading the the same story that happened for me that occurred for others before me. This is hardly a free sample nor to you even get the time to receive the product and try it before you can react to cancel.

Even if you do try and cancel, no one answer phone, mail box is full, if you are able to leave a message, they never return your call.

Advertisement on websites are misleading and you will be taken.

I had to cancel my card and watch transactions daily as this company will take as much of your money as they can.

Comments

Sl
  8th of Dec, 2008
My situation is identical to the other complaint listed with this company. My card was charged $88 and no number to contact to complain!!! DON'T ORDER!!! Alerting my bank ASAP!!!
Ad
  9th of Dec, 2008
I was charged the $3.95 and 14 days later was charged $87.13. The bank can't help as of yet because they don't have viable information to send a letter to or a valid phone number.I was told to send my bottle back w/ a note cancelling my order and after 30 days if they don't respond then the bank may be able to file a complaint w/ the attorney generals office. I got mine from a link on Oprah's website and when I went back to give the link to the bank it was no longer on her website. We were basically robbed.
St
  9th of Dec, 2008
I had ordered the same company was charged the $3.95 s/h. Wasn't what I thought I ordered. I called 1-866-949-0138, it takes a while to get into it. Sometimes it said that the number was disconected, called a couple more times and got ahold of some one from FWM Labratories. The canlced my number and told me to keep the free trial. (I also cancled my debit card I used just incase) hope this helps
Co
  9th of Dec, 2008
I had ordered from the same company was charged $3.95. I tried to cancel the ordered by calling 1-866-870-0692 literaly all day and was unable to reach anyone. Thanks to the comments of Strouts, I was able to get a differedt telephone number and someone answered after tree attempts. I finally reach a person who stated that his names was Ryan at FWM Laboratories Systems. I was told that he canceled my auto shipment. Now I will go through the trouble of canceling my debit card.
De
  10th of Dec, 2008
Thank you for the information. I had the same thing happen.
I was charged the $3.95 and 14 days later was charged $87.13. WHen I got through the woman said my account was cancelled but I don't trust them. I didn't think of cancelling my debit card. I will do that tomorrow, first thing.
Be
  11th of Dec, 2008
I went online to see how much the Acai Berry was after the trial. In order to do this, you had to enter your payment information. I didn't see anything wrong with that since I wasn't going to follow through with the order. I saw it was $87 and got out of there quick. I DID NOT order anything. A few days later I got the bottle of the stuff in the mail. A few days after that, the $87.13 was gone from my bank account.

I, too, called and called the number on the paper that came with the berry bottle. Same thing, either leave a message or the box was full. Well, I went online trying to find a way to contact a real person regarding this. Today I called this number 866-949-0138 and got someone. He promised that the "order" has been cancelled and that my money will be refunded back to my bank account. We'll see if I get anywhere.

But here is the link to where I found the number. Please call and demand your money back - hopefully it works. Good luck and Happy Holidays to all!! www.acaiberrydetox.com/acaiberrydetox/terms.aspx
Hi
  15th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I received the product on 12/05/08, I have been calling since that day. A recording picks up, however, the mailbox has been full. So far my card has only been charged the shipping, it has not been charged for the full amount of the product as of yet, but I am absolutely not willing to let that happen. I am cancelling my card, which is a huge inconvenience. But it w/ be more of an inconveneince to try to get it back.
Ta
  21st of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I received my free sample of Acai Berry a few days ago and yesterday found the 87.13 charge on my bank statement. I tried calling but the piece of paper inside the package was ripped in half...so I didnt have the full number. I did find this on 1-800-949-0138 and got ahold of someone today. He told me he was putting the cancellation request in and i would receive an email ( havent yet). at that point I can email the "billing department" for a refund that will take 7-10 days. he gave me a "cancellation confirmation number" but im super uneasy about this. I told him I want to return the bottle I have. He said the one I have is the free sample ... and couldnt tell if the one i paid 87.13 for has shipped..???

Im ready to cancel my credit card...but i dont know how thats going to affect a refund... IF they even agree to process a refund. does anyone know?
Ch
  29th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
my advice. If they havent charged your card- cancel your credit card first. Then try the company again to cancel your account with them. Once they cant charge the card they will call you. If they have charged your account, pray you get a refund back. This has certainly made me appreciate going to the vitamin store and paying for it outright. I was able to get thru 866-949-0138 the first time calling but she kept asking for my zip code and then she put me on hold and never came back on the line. I'm still on the line now as I type this.
I hope everyone that sees these complaints will hear and see our frustration and not do business with this so-called company.
Ki
  29th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also ordered from this company and now have been charged on my credit card. However, with alot of persistance I did speak to a customer service rep. that appeared to know what he was doing. He was very helpful, he canceled my account and has already requested a refund. He advised that it takes about 5 days to receive your money back. The number I called is 866-949-0138. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!
Ld
  30th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I received the sample yesterday and now today I have two $87.13 charges on my debit card. I too called the number that was posted earlies, 1-866-949-0138, and talked with a lady who in turn gave me a confirmation number for my cancellation and said the charges would be reversed. I am very skeptical that it will be this easy.
Li
  30th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Kimberly beware. Everytime I call I do talk to someone. They tell me it has to go through corporate headquarters and takes 3-5 days. That was one month ago. I still call them every 6 days and ###!! They will not give me headquarters address or phone number! imagine that
Ra
  5th of Jan, 2009
UGHH this happend to me too, and i have no idea what to do about it.. i can't afford to have this deducted and i don't know what to do about it.. can anyone help me
Mi
  14th of Jan, 2009
FWM Laboratories was a total scam! I ordered the Free Trial for $3.95. Never received a confirmation screen for my order or a a confirmation email. I also never received my Free Trial, placed on 12/26. On 1/12 an additional charge appeared in my account for $87.13. I called my bank and they were able to give me the phone number of the company that placed the charge. It is 1-866-949-0138. I did finally speak with a representative that informed me they would issue a refund as I never received any product. Given the complaints I have read, I plan to change my credit card number to avoid further hassle.
Ju
  21st of Jan, 2009
January 2, 2009 I ordered the free sample Acai Berry Detox for handling charge of $3.95. On January 17, 2009, I see a charge for $87.13 for an Acai Berry product I did NOT order much less authorize this company to charge to my credit card.
This is outrageous especially since I'm reading about others who've been duped the same way. What can be done to make this FWM Laboratories give out $87. 13 back?
Li
  23rd of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i am on the phone trying to get through to this fwm laboratory. i have called three imes and been on hold for 40 minutes and then it disconnects. i am sure this company doesn't exist. my husband if furious now because of the double charges of 87.09. now the only way to get rid of the charge is to cancel my card. has anyone had any success and seen the charges disappeare on their card?
Da
  24th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I decided to try their free offer so I ordered the free sample and even received a note it would ship soon. As you can guess, I never received the free sample. I received my credit card statement two weeks ago only to find two charges for FWM Laboratories for products I have not received. I have a fantastic Credit Union that was sympathetic to my case. They cancelled my card and listed the two charges as a scam and fraud. I did not do this without first attempting to contact the company but the numbers I have only provide a "please hold for the next available customer service representative." I usually just turn on the speaker phone and let it run until it hangs up on its own. Since it is a toll free number they are paying for the charges so I don't really care. I recorded 11 attempts at different times and never talked to anyone. Since my credit card has been cancelled they have no way to charge me but I really feel stupid allowing myself to fall into this fradulent trap.

David
Ch
  25th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have fallen into the same trap. Customer service indicated that they would "cancel my account", however would n ot commit to cancelling/reversing the $87.00 charge. Indicated that i would not need to return the remaining tablets left from the original shipment. I plan to report to the FTC and cancel my credit card.

chuck
Ju
  25th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I obviously should have read these complaints before I ordered. I also ordered the free trials of AcaiBerry and Life Cleanse. I did not receive the Life Cleanse but was charged twice (@$3.95) for the AcaiBerry. I suddenly this week had an $87.13 charge on my debit card from Life Cleanse. I called their toll free number and was able to get cancellation #s, but I will keep checking my statement. If you check their website, there is a return/exchange policy, which you must follow in order to get a credit. It involved calling their customer support and getting an RMA #. When you call, you get someone in India. This is obvious, because "Candy", "Mary" and "Madge" kept insisting on giving me a 6-digit zip code for the return. As it turns out, the RMA# is the same as the cancellation#, and the return address is the same as their shipping address (except, of course, for the bogus zip code info.
Sm
  27th of Jan, 2009
completely agree!!! dont order anything from this company. I ordered a free trial aslo at 3.95 two and a half weeks later i was billed 87.13 and recieved another bottle. The "24/7" customer service line was disconnected!
FWM laboratories are liars and frauds!!!