FWM Laboratories/ACAI BERRY / deducted $87.13 from my account after cancellation!

1 Hollywood, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-870-0692

Ordered 14 day free trial, canceled after 12 days, received a cancellation number. $87.13 was deducted from my account the next day! Have called constantly (5 to 15 times a day) I keep getting a message stating "this mailbox is full, cannot receive new messages". Am filing a complaint with my bank and with the Better Business Bureau.

Dont even know if the product works!!

More FWM Laboratories/ACAI BERRY Complaints & Reviews

Comments

De
  10th of Dec, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me.
I had the fre smaple charge of $3.95 deducted and I still haven't received the sample. When the $87.13 was deducted I went to the website and there are the terms - 14 days from the date of the order and they charge you. The first time I called I actually got someone on the phone who assured me my account was cancelled, but who knows? Now when I call, the message I get is that all the customer reps are busy and to leave a name and phone number and they will call me back. I will not leave them my phone number. They will probably sell it.

I am going to clal my bank and the Better Business Bureau.

Ma
  11th of Dec, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me. I got a live person once and assured me that I would be credit my 87.13 back. I even got a return phone call stating that everything was taking care of and never got the comformation email I was told i would get when my deposit was issued and NO DEPOSIT!! Now all I get it the voice mail is full or all customer service reps are busy to leave a message.

Da
  11th of Dec, 2008

I also received the product and tried to cancel but was never able to get through. It kept saying this mailbox is full and cannot except anymore messages. They just took 87.13 out of my account on the 9th. I went to my bank and got a new debit card, but after reading all this I'm going to dispute it and try to get the 87.13 back. I did finally get a hold of someone in customer service today who said he cancelled and put in a request for a refund, but I seriously doubt that will happen. It's really sad that there's people like this who get away with stealing. Oh well karma's a ### and it will definately bite them back in the ### someway or form.

Nm
  11th of Dec, 2008

I tried cancelling but was not able to get anyone, mailbox is always full no one there to answer the phone. They charged my account 87.13 and I just got the product yesterday. The phone number they used on my bank account is a non working number 866-870-0692. These people are a joke

Ch
  11th of Dec, 2008

12 -11 08, 1pm, California . Upon looking at my bank statement there was a 87.13 charge for this Acai berry supplement. Tried calling several times and no response. Went online to check for additional information on product and found several complaints. I have called my bank and now I have to wait for a new debit card and fill out forms for my bank. I have also filed a complaint with the BBB in Florida. The phone number for the Florida BBB is
1-561-842-1918 ext 133, The gentleman I talked with was Dan. Hope this helps!!

Bu
  11th of Dec, 2008

I ordered the Acai berry sample to try it out. I finally received it on 12-5-8 after waiting a week and a half. However, because of personal problems, I canceled out of the program on 12-9-8. I called the phone number and got the message, "This mail box is full and cannot accept any new messages at this time." I tried that for 3-days, gave up and went online and Googled it. I got another number (866-949-0138), called it and believe it or not, I actually talked to a live person. I canceled my program and received a conformation number on 12-9-8. Incidentally, today is 12-11-8 and the other number is still full and, "cannot accept any new messages at this time." It's obviously not the way to run the railroad.

PROBLEM -> Even though I had canceled the program on 12-9-8 with a conformation number and all, they stole $87.13 out of my account on 12-11-8 anyway. I thought the deal was I was allowed or supposed to be able to try the product for 14-days before they would start billing me and deducting money out of my account. That was obviously a BIG FAT LIE. Today is 12-11-8, 6-days after I had received the ordered sample and 2-days after canceling with conformation number. I've noticed other complaints where the unsuspecting clients had to change their checking account or debit card. If I have to do something like that, I'll own their company. I will be filing a complaint here with the BBB in San Diego and also in Florida. One of the complaintiffs was nice enough to share the Florida BBB telephone number and person who she contacted - talked with Dan: 1-561-842-1918 x133 at the BBB in Florida.

Incidentally, as I said in the 1st paragraph, I called today and asked if I could talk to a supervisor. I've now been on hold for well over an hour. I have a speaker phone and I do other things while listening to their music while on hold. I'd hate to pay their phone bill. Like is said, it's not the way to run the railroad.

Mu
  11th of Dec, 2008

The comments were very useful. My husband order 2 bottles, 1 for him and 1 for me. I tried it and it did not work. I called the number listed on my bank account where we were charged $3.95 for each shipment and it did not work. I found another number, (866) 949-0138 on another website and used it. I got thru and canceled my order. I was told we could keep the unused bottles and there would be no further charge to our account. I am so sorry so many people have been scammed with this, but I am glad I did not wait until they charged our account twice for $87.50. I am, also, sending a certified letter where signature is required so there will be no questions about my canceling the order.

Ca
  11th of Dec, 2008

i'm so glad i found this thread. i remember getting my sample, but there was no receipt or statement or anything in the package. i was totally shocked to see i had been billed today when i was checking my bank account online, as it hasn't even been 14 days yet. unfortunately my online statements don't list numbers or addresses. i called numbers on other websites, but they weren't who i did business with, even though they all look and say the same, and they couldn't help me. i googled the only info i had, which was LIPAPHEN ACAI BERRY 8 as listed on my bank statement and found this thread. i called the number you have posted above, (866) 949-0138, got through, and BINGO, they had my info. i was able to cancel and she assured me i would not be billed $87.13 again and gave me a confirmation number. i guess we'll see.

Ke
  12th of Dec, 2008

I've been trying to call the (866) 949-0138 number all morning and it's not working...giving me a really rapid "busy" signal. What do I say when I go to my bank today to stop the $87 from being charged to my account?

Be
  12th of Dec, 2008

I just wrote a letter to Fulfillment, FWM Laboratories that produces this item.. I was going to try to fax the letter... but now I am going to mail the letter AND contact the bank before it goes out to stop any further payments...

When I saw this company was in Florida, I knew there were problems...

Sp
  12th of Dec, 2008

I ordered the acai berry from FMW LAbs and still exactly 2 weeks later haven't recieved the sample. Then of course I was charged 87.13 from my bank account and haven't even tried it. I wish I would have seen this before I ordered. I did call the 866-949-0138 and talked to someone who gave me a refund confirmation number but we will see if I get a refund in 7 to 10 days. Also, I will be calling the better business buruea. Hopefully the will get shut down!!!

Kd
  16th of Dec, 2008

Has anyone got there money back yet? I called last friday and they said that they would be refunding me my money back in 7-10 business days but i'm really worried they won't. I don't know if i should just cancel my credit card or not?

Se
  16th of Dec, 2008

I just opened my bank statement and there is was...$87.13 and I had cancelled! Safest thing to do is change that credit card with your bank...no telling who they might have sold the credit card number too is they run things like this!!

Ly
  22nd of Dec, 2008

Well, I am another sap!! I too have been scamed. I guess thats what I get for ordering things like this online. If u use a paper check at least you can stop payment! If you use your debit, forget it! What goes around comes around! I would like to know if anyone actually got their $87.13 back?

Vi
  22nd of Dec, 2008

I was also charged the $87.13. I received the sample. The product doesn't work! When you try to call this # a recording states the mail box is full. I had to dispute the charges with my credit card company since you cannot contact the phone # that is listed with the charges. I believe they scammed thousands since it said it was the product that Rachal Ray said she used on the Oprah show.

Kr
  30th of Dec, 2008

i was finally able to get a hold of someone. they told me they canceled the account and gave me a confirmation number. they said i should be getting a refund email in 1-2 business days from the billing department. and then the refund should take 7-10 business days. i'm not sure if this will actually work. i will post again if it does. i had my card blocked so they can't charge me anymore.

how frustrating!

Ja
  2nd of Jan, 2009

They shipped 7 days after my order and I received a week later. The 2 week trial from date of order was already over. I cancelled Dec 28 not realizing they had already charged me the $87.13 the same day the trial bottle arrived. Tried to call back tonite and was on hold for over 15 minutes. Will try again in the morning during Florida day hours. This does not construe a "Trial Offer" if I had no product to try! I honestly gave it a try for 7 days and the product is garbage. I will take it up with the credit card company if I cannot get a hold of them tomorrow. The number I called in the package was (866) 949-0138 and I did speak to a live person to cancel the "membership". Lesson learned: Do NOT trust weight loss supplements sold on the internet!!

Al
  6th of Jan, 2009

I just got off the phone with them, sounds like I might have been lucky.. My card got charged twice in 15 days for 87$. They also charged me intl fees. (they are not in FL). I got conf. numbers to cancel both the Life Cleanse and AcaiBerry. Too much money for a not sooo good product. This chats above were sooo helpful. I 've never tried stuff like this before online and I never will again. I also went and had the credit card I used reissued to avoid further charges from them because I don't trust this company anymore... Very Scary... I feel really dumb.

Thanks all for your posts.. they opened my eyes and I jumped right on the phone.

Mo
  8th of Jan, 2009
FWM Laboratories/acai berry - unauthorized charges to debit card
FWM Laboratories
Maryland

I gave this company my check card number for a free trial of acai berry. I was charged within 2 weeks for 2 bottles at 87.13 each. I have filed a dispute through my bank. There were also 2 point of sale charges for $2.18 for international fees. What a scam!

Monique

3007 Greene Street
Hollywood
Florida
Phone: 1-866-949-0138

My complaint is the same as the others. I only received the product on the 9th of January and on the 11th I was charged $87.13 on my account.
It is so hard to know what the scams are before you order a product.
I wish I knew how to warn others.
Ann in Georgia