Fwm Laboratories/acai Berry Detox / Continual charges to my bank account for a one-off item of acai berry detox pills

1 Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:

I visited a website which offered a FREE trial of a bottle of 60 acai berry tablets, which involved one payment of $3.99 shipping. I looked over the website thoroughly to be sure there was no hidden extra's before I made the transaction!
I noticed on my bank statement that $3.99 had been transacted, and one week later my acai berry tablets finally arrived.

After 2 weeks, a charge was made to my bank account of $90.86.
I was alarmed, as I was promised by the website that there was no hidden charge. I could not find any small print anywhere on the site, to indicate this was going to happen.

After finally getting my account back in the black, another $90.86 has been taken out again, which has now left me right in the red again!

I made a call to FWM laboratories today & was told by the agent on the end of the phone that they will make another charge in 2 weeks time, as I am a registered member!

A registered member of what? I only purchased what I thought was a free trial bottle of diet pills! Further to that, I have not seen any more diet pills show up in the mail!
The agent on the other end of the phone (clearly not American, as I had difficulty understanding him) told me I had to cancel my membership, & to do this it will cost me a further $40.00!!!
I told him to cancel it, and if he takes any more out of my account, I will be seeking help from my lawyer! (Which to be honest I ought to have done from the off...I am looking into that right now).
I cant afford to be a "member" of some "club" that doesnt exist! A gym membership is a lot less expensive!
I am looking into getting my money back!
All of it!

Lu

Comments

2nd of Jan, 2009
    FWM Laboratories/Acaiberry - Free Trial Offer
    Webster
    Texas

I ordered a sample of this product Acaiberry for $3.95 as advertised on the internet and these people charged me $88.62 for a months supply. I did not order a months supply just a sample for the $3.95. when I try to call the number they give I can not get an answer.

9th of Jan, 2009
    FWM Laboratories/ACAI BERRY DETOX - ACAI BERRY 14 TRIAL A BIG SCAM
    FWM LABORATORIES
    Hollis
    New York

I order the 14 trial on12/18/08 for the acai berry 500, and the acai cleanse, never received but was charged $3.95 twice, called on 12/28/08 and cancell order, still got charged $87.13 twice for 2 month supply which I never received. I called again and they said it was a mistake and that the money will be refunded in 7-10 days, today is 1/09/09 and I still haven't gotten the refund back, I went to ripoff.com and they have a lot of complaint just like mine on their website about this company. My bank advise me to close my credit card and make a police report for unauthorized charges.
    Do not order any free trial, and if you do make sure that you cancell the card you order with as soon as the shipping is taken off. Also they never tell you this but trial starts the day you place the order, so you are trapped to try the product for a week to see results and that's when they will get you, because by then you would have gone over your trial period, don't fall for it, I didn't wait for the trial to over but they still got me, so just be aware of companies that are out to scam you, go to ripoff.com and do research first.

18th of Jan, 2009

I also ordered a free trial of acai berry detox from FWM Labs. I read the fine print about cancelling after 14 days, which I planned on doing. I tried several times to contact them via phone with the number I was given. I multiple attempts I get the recording 'network difficulties'. My account was charged and I was able to get another number from my credit card statement. The messages I got from that number was 'lines temporarily busy' or mail box is full. When I finally got a live (english not being his first language) person they said that they don't give refunds. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold for 50+ minutes before I had to move on. I called again and was told that I can not order products over the phone I must order online. But, if I wanted to cancel I must do so by phone, and can't cancel online. Very unhappy and frustrated with the entire thing.

• Sc
      21st of Jan, 2009

i have run into the same problem. I signed up for the free trial offer for two bottles of diet pills. The site told me that if I was not happy and cancelled within 14 days my account would only be charged for the shipping. my pills arrived on a Thursday via us post and my credit card was charged 87.13 for each bottle the very next day. I have contacted the company every day for the past six days and I was assured that I would receive an email message within 24 hours (each time i called) notifying me that my refund has been issued. not only have i not seen a refund or an email, today i discovered that they charged my account additional funds for a cross border fee and a currency conversion fee. I have requested a supervisor twice and have been left on hold both times. I had to file a complaint with my bank and cancel my credit card. Today, when I called, I asked what country they were located in and the associate insisted that they were in Florida. when I asked why we need a cross border and currency exchange fee for florida, he put me on hold for ten minutes and then disconnected.

• Fa
      21st of Jan, 2009

Hello All,
    Below you will find my complaint email regarding the same product and company many people have had issues with. As I've come to find out that the email address that I was provided does not even work, or I couldn't get my email to go through. (fwmcancellations@gmail.com). I spoke with 3 different individuals who sounded to me like the same person and got 3 different responses. I notified my bank of the shady transaction and hope to get the matter resolved. I was told by the last agent that I spoke to that I could contact them after 7 days to get confirmation regarding a refund, despite being told 2 times before that I would have to go through the email in order to discuss being refunded my money for a product that I've just received and had not used before being billed the full amount. FWM Laboratories needs to be shut down.

To Whom It May Concern: I would first like to start by saying that I am very displeased with the way business is handled through this establishment. I purchased a "free trial product" and the week I received it, I was billed. I had not even had a chance to begin to take the product, the website stated that I would received the product between 5-7 business days but I did not receive it until 3 weeks later. When I realized that my account had been deducted for the full amount of the product, I immediately contacted the customer service number provided and was told that because I did not cancel within 14 days despite just receiving the product that the deduction of 87+ dollars would not be refunded back to my account. I spoke with a customer service agent named Janet who was extremely rude, she stated that she would forward my concern to the refund department and that I would be notified between 24 and 48 hours, this was on Monday January 19, 2009. Today is Wednesday January 21, 2009 and I have yet to speak with someone regarding this matter. I contacted the customer service line again on this date and spoke with an agent named Alex who stated that his/her direct supervisor's name is Marianne Parker but that Marianne could not speak with me at that time. The telephone that Alex was using kept cutting in and out and I had to ask that the information be repeated several times. I believe that this establishment does not conduct proper business and is very unprofessional. I've checked the website that I initially ordered the product from and have found that there are several "blogs" about this product out there using the same photos and information but switching up the individuals names. This is false advertisement; I work for the federal government and I'm prepared to pursue this matter further if my request to return your product and be refunded the 87+ dollars that was deducted from my account. I am also prepared to notify the Better Business Bureau to alert them of this shady business and any media outlet that will report this story to expose this business so that other individuals are not taken advantage of. It makes me sad that shady businesses are exploiting people who are trusting that the transactions and information is honest and correct. Thank you,

• Tr
      22nd of Jan, 2009
    FWM Laboratories/Acaiberry - Free Trial Offer
    Massachusetts

I ordered the trial version of the Acaiberry diet aid for $3.95 in the middle of Dec. 08, they charged me the $3.95 immediately, they then proceeded to bill me $87.13 twice in January. The charges total $178.21 and I have yet to receive a product. I am in the process of trying to get my money back. I am having a heck of a time trying to get in touch with anyone. I never received a confirmation or phone number to call. I had to call my credit card company to get a contact number. I don't want the product at this point all I want is my money back and to stop getting charged for product I did not receive. Be ware of acai berry scams. Now that I am looking into it I am finding them all over the place.

• Mr
      29th of Jan, 2009
    FWM Laboratories (Acai Berry Detox) - no refund
    FWM Laboratoies
    2040 NE 163rd St. Suite 305
    North Miami Beach
    Phone: 1-866-949-0138

This company offers a free trial bottle of Acai Berry Detox. You will be charged with a $3.95 s/h charge, but unaware to myself and many others who have been scammed, FWM Laboratories charges $87.13. I was unaware that I was going to be charged $87.13 at a later date. If I've known that, I would've never ordered from this deceptive company. First off, I never received the trial bottle, which I placed an online order on January 10, 2009. January 27, 2009, I was checking my checking acct. balance online and noticed this $87.13 charge.

I've been calling this calling for the past 2 days to get an explanation of the $87.13 and request a refund to my account ASAP. They've been giving me the run-around. They keep insisting a email will be sent to me detailing more information about my refund. It hasn't happen yet. I've noticed that there has been many other complaints about this fradulent company, FWM Laboratories. I want to forwarn others and I want my $87.13.

12th of Feb, 2009

I also was scammed about the 14 days. I was charged for the shipping and yesterday my credit card company called me about a fraudulant charge on my credit card. This turns out to be for the full price of the free product. I called the number given to me by my credit card company and was told that since I was an active member, I would be charged monthly for the product. I never signed up for any club. I never signed up to be a member of anything. I wanted to try the product... and by the way. It doesn't work. She did let me cancel my membership and I told her I wanted a refund and had to get rude to make her agree to that.. she was insisting that no further charges would be made but no refund could be given... after asking numerous times... she contacted the refund dept. and said I would get a refund and a confirmation in my email. Well we will see. I agree with the last message... they need to be reported for shady business practices.

• Ti
      23rd of Feb, 2009
    FWM Laboratories/ACAI BERRY DETOX - money taken from checking account
    430 S.W. Greenwood Ave.
    Grants Pass
    Oregon
    Phone: 541-295-9175

My wife was looking in our e-mail for her e-ticket conformation and this said confirm your e-ticket and get 2 free south West Airline tickets. She couldn't understand why she had to pick 2 different trials and clicked on the Acai Berry Detox one. I told her it was through price line so she canceled it but had already given our bank card information. We found out that they had not canceled it and took $4.95 out of our account we called the company and canceled and the next thing we know is $87.13 was taken out of our account. My wife did not recieve anything in the mail nor did she want to. We got an e-mail today that said they were going to return the $87.13 to our account so I called about the $4.95. I was told that was for shipping cost and I needed to read the terms and conditions, I told this person that I could hardly understand that nothing was shipped to us and we didn't want anything shipped to us because we canceled before it was sent on the computer but somehow you still got our account information and robbed us. I am going to look for an attorney to try and help us sue this company for frued and taking money with out atorization. We are on a very limited income and this has hurt us not only just the money but it caused bonced checks and we have never bounced one until this money was taken from us. Just don't give any banking information to any of these scams they look and sound laget but thier far from it. We tried to stop them and couldn't before any money was taken.

• Je
      10th of Mar, 2009

I was also a victim of FMW Laboratories. I ordered the "free" trial bottle, and cancelled afterward. I was also charged twice on my credit card after cancelling $87.13. On the phone they continue to give me the runaround. My credit card company has said they will remove the charges from my account. We'll see if that happens. So frustrating!!

• Lo
      10th of Mar, 2009
    FWM Laboratories/ACAI BERRY DETOX - no refund
    Lori Roberts
    1300 Sunset
    Iowa Park
    Texas

I ordered the free trial of Acai Berry Detox and received it about 8 days after the initial request. I thought I had 14 days to try the product, but that didn't prove to be true. I tried the product for 3 days and it upset my stomache so I discontinued use. Thinking I still had a few days to call and cancel I didn't worry about it right then. Yesterday I looked at my checking account, only to see that I had been charged $87.13. I contacted the company to try and get a refund but was given the run-around for 20 minutes. I was told they cannot and will not issue refund for the product. I called later and talked to another "supervisor" and got the same song and dance. I researched the BBB site and wish I would have looked there before doing business with FWM Labs. Their rating is an F. They have well over 900 unanswered complaints. I feel like an absolute fool for losing $90 to these ingrates. Hopefully the word will get out and they will lose their business eventually. What a racket!

16th of Mar, 2009

Did you check if you canceled your order within the 14 day trial period? Maybe that was the reason why they charged your account twice. But you can still look forward to getting a refund by calling 866-949-0138. I know this line really works. I used that to call off my order a month ago.

• Do
      30th of Mar, 2009
    FWM Laboratories/ACAI BERRY DETOX - free trial offer is a scam
    FWM Labs
    Phone: 866-949-0138

Ordered free trial of product and was only to be charged for shipping and handling. I had not even had a chance to try the product and a charge of $87.13 was charged to my acct. I called the co.to complain and to cancel my account, They said I didn't cancel quick enough. I had only just received product within the past 2 weeks. . They said the trial is for 14 days from when I ordered the product, not when you actually receive it. I offered to return product unopened and unused as I had not used the product as of yet, and was told that the company doesn't refund like this. What???whoever heard of that???? I spoke to a supervisor and got nowhere.
    I emailed a lettet to co. with the email addresses I found on line. for complaints with this fwm labs, requesting a refund of my $87.13 and to fomally cancel my act. with them. seems this company has many complaints with the SE Florida BBB. I called my bank and they will dispute the charge with me and I am filinhg a complaint with the BBB. What a sam for a probably really good product. Also got free trial from advanced wellness pure Acai Berry. similar triaql offer. chargedmy acct. $78.81. I cancel the acct. and would be getting a $60 credit to my acct. watch these free trials. what a shame opera and rachel ray recommend the trials yet people are getting scammed everyday. maybe someone should let them know.

• Vb
      30th of Mar, 2009
    FWM Laboratories/ACAI BERRY DETOX - fraudulent ad
    Florida

Ad stated a free trial bottle of this amazing detox - Acai Berry. Ordered a "free trial" only having to pay $4.95 shipping. One week after receiving bottle of 60 capsules was charged $40.00 on my debit card. Can not believe that people wanting to actually have a successful company would allow this type of business ethics!

• Lj
      1st of Apr, 2009
    FWM Laboratories/ACAI BERRY DETOX - SCAM!!
    Arden
    North Carolina

These people are CROOKS!! They tell you to try their products for free and cancel within 15 days. I tried and then cancelled within the period, and then they billed me $88! I called to complain and they said that the trial period is 15 days from the date of the order. VERY deceptive and downright fraudulent. I hope this company goes out of business quickly before more people get swindled out of their hard earned money!

• Ra
      6th of Apr, 2009
    FWM Laboratories/ACAI BERRY DETOX - Fraud
    FWM Laboratories

FWM Laboratories is a business... in taking your money under fraudulent pretenses! Your account will be billed before the 14 days. They bill your credit card or debit card under an alias. If you try to contact their phone number you get nobody, and if you actually get to leave a message they never return any calls. The best thing to do if it is a debit... file an affidavit of forgery with your bank and close your debit/credit card ASAP. I will be contacting the Attorney General in Illinois. I recommend that everyone else that has been taken by this company to do the same.

7th of Apr, 2009

I too order the free trial of Acia Berry Detox from FWM Laboratories on 03/18/2009 my account was debit for $2.00 at that time was the shippping and handling charge. Than on 04/04/2009 my account was debit for $40.00 which I didn't authorize, when I contact the company was told that was for my monthly charge that I recieve of the product. I told the person that I didn't order a monthly supply and she said when I send for the trial that I sign- up for the monthly supply because I did't contact them in 14 days, there nothing on the web-site to that affect. I filing a fraud charge against this company asap.

• Ba
    FWM Laboratories/ACAI BERRY DETOX - credit card fraud
    Phone: (800) 693-0409
    acai-berry.com

Website offered a free sample bottle of Acai Berry Detox tablets for $2.00 and $1.95 on March 26, 2009, the credit card company called us to verify we authorized the charges from FWM Laboratories that evening because there computer kicked them out as suspicious charges; I verified we did authorized the charges and they were posted on March 27, 2009. We got our next credit card statement there was another charge for $87.13 from the FWM Laboratories. We called the phone number for the charge on the credit card statement, the customer service person quickly told us that the “terms and conditions” said it was free for 14-day trial and we would be charged for $87.31 if we did not cancel the order within 14 days from when it was shipped to us.

I went to the website my wife ordered it from and found this “Contact l Privacy Policy l DMCA l Terms and Conditions” at the bottom of a very long web page in a small font, it is very obvious they had every intention of stealing the $87.31 by charging it to my credit card; this company is managed by criminals that should be in prison, the company appears to be in Hollywood Florida.

• Ka
    FWM Laboratories/ACAI BERRY DETOX - Free Trial Offer
    Washington

On 3/23/09 while I was out of town on vacation in Florida I saw an offer for a free 30 day trial of ACAI Berry Detox, plus shipping. I looked over the entire site and on the payment page for the trial offer it said I had a "RISK FREE 30-Day Money Back Guarantee" if I was not completely happy. I did not return home until 3/30/09 and did not receive the product until I returned home. I had pre-scheduled surgery on 4/9/09 and I was unable to start using the product to begin to evaluate it until 4/18/09. I noticed on my credit card bill that I used for payment of the shipping charges that I had been billed $87.13 on 4/7/09 for this product! This charge to my credit card account was made BEFORE I could have reasonably had any opportunity for my 14 day evaluation, and certainly before my 30 day RISK FREE period had expired!! I called them on 4/20/09 and immediately canceled my account, and requested a credit back to my credit card for the $87.13 charged to the account on 4/7/09. The person I spoke with indicated that he would put in a request for a refund, but could not 'guarantee' I would receive one. I asked to speak with his supervisor, but he said the refunds were handled by the 'refund department' and I could call back and speak with them in about 3 days to check on the status of the refund. I advised him to make a notation to my account that I did not agree to this charge and I was demanding a full refund and, if that did not occur, I was disputing this charge with my credit card company. This place is a complete scam and I would urge others not to use their product. Their advertising regarding responsibility for future payments is misleading and is open to several interpretations. Obviously, they chose the 'interpretation' that was most advantageous to them!!

• Be
      20th of Apr, 2009

The same thing happened to me!!! I didn't get my shipment for 5 days, cancelled 12 days later and they said the same thing - that it was from the time of order! How in the world can you tell if somehting is going to work in less than 2 weeks. I am going to dispute the charge through my bank as well. WHAT A SCAM!!!