FuturePowerPC / product advertising

1 Great Neck, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 516-466-2366

On 3/17/09 I saw a product listed on their website, advertised as being 'in stock'. I ordered it to be delivered in 3 days. I received a confirmatory e-mail telling me to check a site for the status of the shipping. As of 3/20/09 the site showed no change in the shipping status. I called and the representative said he had 'good news and bad news'. I asked why there should be any bad news. He said they did not have the item in stock. I cancelled the order. A confirmatory e-mail was delivered followed immediately by another e-mail stating they had 12 of the same item in 'refurbished' state and offering me same at a lower price.

I checked the Better Business Bureau for Great Neck and it indicates this company has an UNSATISFACTORY rating with them. I noted also that BBB shows that company's address as being in Manhasset, NY, while a ZD net store profile http://review.zdnet.com/store/retid/920 lists them as being in Stamford, CT!
http://search.newyork.bbb.org/reports.aspx?id=75879&pid=44&page=0&FindStr=futurepowerpc&SearchBy=company&Address=&City=&Phone1=&Phone2=&Phone3=&MembersOnly=False (Better Business Bureau rating).

Comments

• So
      18th of Jun, 2010
    FuturePowerPC - Deceptive Practices
    FuturePowerPC
    Florida

I ordered a high-end gaming laptop for my business from FuturePowerPC (FuturePowerPC.com). No one else had them in-stock, but their website said they did. When I called them, they said they had none, but were getting a delivery in a few days. I ordered and paid and then waited patiently. 10 days later, I received 2 calls, back to back, while I was in a meeting with a client. I let them go to voicemail. An hour or so later, I got the calls: The first said that they had a shipment of the laptops, but I needed to confirm that I still wanted one. The next call said that I was "all set" and that it would "ship on Monday" (it was Friday). I called them back anyway to make sure that my version of "all set" matched theirs. They were extremely rude and told me that I lost my place in line when they could not reach me. I asked why I needed to confirm an order that I did not cancel and had provided a credit card for and they told me that "sometimes people don't want to follow-through". I asked about the voicemail that said I was all set, and he checked my ordered and verified that my laptop was sold to someone else, but that I could get back in line and wait until they got another delivery. Hmmmm... let me think about that a minute... get back in line, and then wait by the phone for days or maybe weeks... so as not to miss the big phone call... You guys are a joke!

• Pi
      24th of Aug, 2010

Their website says they have the product IN STOCK. So I ordered from them (as opposed to it being cheaper elsewhere where it was not in stock). After a week, I called them to find out that it was never in stock and will be available in 2 weeks. I am still waiting. They are fast to grab the money but very short on promises and delivery!!

• Sh
      10th of Dec, 2010

Hello every one on here i just want to say that these people from FuturePowerPC.com are big liars. i ordered a XBOX 360 KINECT from them because there website said that they had them in stock and ready to ship. but after a couple of days i found it kind of funny that i never received a notice telling me that my product had shipped so i took the liberty of calling them and trying to find out why i had not received any information on the shipping of my product and they simply told me that the item that i had ordered was back-ordered and that they would not have any in until three weeks from the date that i placed my order. so after finding this out i went on and cancelled my order because it would not arrive on time for christmas . see i had plans on giving this item to one of my nephews as a christmas gift but now i don't think it will be possible to obtain one of these Kinect devices with out having to pay a good amount of money from some other merchant just to get it on time for this holiday. so i just want to tell every one who plans on shopping online to avoid FUTUREPOWERPC.COM because they are not trust worthy.

• Lw
      15th of Apr, 2011

I also had a terrible time with the compoany. The company is terrible. When first ordered with my alaska address said shipping was 5.99. Then called to say they had to add more because it was in alaska, which made it almost 40.00. Really wanted the product so said a hesitant yes. I also had to call about the order because I had not heard andything and was told it was on backorder. Received the product and it did not do what it claimed it could do. They said, "Sorry for the misunderstanding". Now to get my money back MINUS the shipping, I have to mail it back and yes, PAY FOR THE SHIPPING back to them. I will have paid for 2/3 the product just with the shipping charges. What kind of company does not send a shipping label for returns? This crappy one apparently. Do NOT do business with them. They are terrible!! And by the way, it took 5 weeks before they even told me there was a problem to begin with!! From start to finish, it took 45 days to receive the item. Now it seems I am stuck with it, unless I want to pay another 40.00 to ship it back.