Future Shop - Victoria, BC / Warranty policy and replacement policy and customer service

TV Prima purchased for 149.99 plus applicable taxes plus 3 year warranty Future Shop service 34.99. TV breaks down in 1-1/2 years, TV returned to future shop, wait for repair response approx 60 days. Tv cannot be repaired but will be replaced. FUTURE SHOP Replacement value $89.99 and 3 YEAR warranty is void, considered once customer has a problem. TV originally cost me 210.88. This appears to be a scam to me. Product on the shelf that is considered to be the same value as the TV I had originally purchased was no name TV. Service staff incompetent and not knowledgeable. Department Sales Manager lacked people skills and should definitely not be dealing with the public.. name withheld but if you would like it forwarded I have the business card.

Result.. I upgraded the TV to a Toshiba.. addition cost was 124.30 with no warranty service. My total cost for a Flat tube TV was $335.18 and hopefully this one will last so that I do not ever have to communicate with Future Shop Again. MORAL OF THE STORY... DON'T BUY AT FUTURE SHOP IN VICTORIA... GO TO A&B SOUND OR COSTCO... YOU WILL SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF GRIEF AND FRUSTRATION.

N  28th of Oct, 2007 by
I don't have a complaint. Just trying to find out whether A&B Sound have certain DVD's. Do you have My House in Umbria starring Maggie Smith? If you can't answer me on this site, please direct me to the correct site. Thanks.
N  20th of Apr, 2008 by
I have a complaint about your store in Nanaimo.
I went there around 3pm Saturday April 19th 2008. I was accompanying a couple at your store. A half hour has passed., we were in the computer speaker section talking to one of your employee's. All of a sudden this young man looking very nervous. He turned towards us and said, " I was called here by the manager requesting you to leave the store immidiately. " I didn't know why. So I left without any trouble, by the way I was brought up. When asked to leave, just leave. This was the first time I have ever stood step in your store. I do not know what they did, but it shouldn't have anything to do with me. I feel that I have been labelled because of something that the couple did. I am nearing 40 years old. I do not have a criminal past at all. So I am not about to start doing it now.
I do like Furture Shop, your prices are great compared to the other Audio and Video centers.
I have a cousin in Montreal that works at your store on St-Johns Blvd in Point-Claire. So why would I jepoardise her name, as she is an outstanding employee.
All I am asking is that you do not Judge a person with the way he/she looks or is accompanied by.
Please, I would like a reply about this incident.
Thank You!
Robert G. Hogan Jr.
D  22nd of Apr, 2008 by
still haven't received a reply!!!
N  31st of Jul, 2008 by
First off, Prima IS A NO NAME brand. So they offered to replace it with a comparable model and brand. The price of the unit means nothing. It's about features and specs at time of replacement. Something worth 150 today is worth 90 next year. I Don't see how that is a scam. Secondly, read the damn brochure.. when somehting is replaced, the insurance company closes the case and the PSP contract has been fullfilled.
N  31st of Jul, 2008 by
Costco sells american products with no canadian manufacturers waranty, no support and only replacements under the same stipulations, by features and specs... if you're lucky. Also to clarify, PSP contract is only fullfilled and closed for replacements, repairs do not close the PSP contract. It continues to cover.
N  31st of Jul, 2008 by
Robert G.hogan Jr., please get in touch with the store manager and explain your case. Obviously something did not add up. Maybe they were caught shoplifting or causing a disturbance at some point in the past.
D  7th of Sep, 2009 by
Rex is correct. Prima replacement with comparable feature TV is reasonable. PSP contract ending with replacement may be true but seems unreasonable. I guess you pay for coverage for replacement UP TO 3 years.
In your case you paid $210 vs. $240 if you replaced the defective TV without the PSP. You came out ahead (?lucky) but its a suckers bet. Forget the PSP next time!
BTW - I bought a flatscreen TV @ Costco. No-name brand, actually made by Panasonic. Their warranty is Canadian and great support! No PSP fees, friendly phone support for my questions.