Future Shop / Uneducated staff

1 1695 Merivale Rd, NepeanNepean ON, Canada Review updated:
Phone: +1 613-688-1045

I was at a future shop here in ottawa merivale location, needed an ipad lightning cable which was still under extended warranty, called the store and was told to just bring the cable and receipt for a straight exchange. Once at the store was told I needed to bring my ipad, because of the serial number. Now I'm really fuming here, I'm getting two contradicting messages, can't get a new cable because I need to get to bring my ipad which is another 90 minute drive. Why is it that the staff is not informed or even barely trained with these things and the manager refused to talk to me. Now someone in that store gave me the wrong information and no one wants to take responsibility for this. Really I don't know what is the point of getting extended warranties, when they are not honoured. It was supposed to be a straight exchange but had to be put through hell by staff that is no educated, futureshop you really to train your staff better.

Gd
Aug 6, 2014

Comments

• Re
      10th of Aug, 2014

Very bad experience with futureshop customer service and extended warranties. I think it's time for media to take it over.

• Re
      10th of Aug, 2014

Very bad customer service from any futureshop I have been to.

• Gd
      10th of Aug, 2014

I'm seriously reconsidering my future purchase carefully now, I'll just shop somewhere else. There's always other places to go to.