Future Shop - Montreal, Quebec / Never buy appliances from Future Shop!
NEVER buy appliances from Future Shop! Choose a local retailer with a good reputation for customer service. In December 2006 I purchased an LG washer and dryer from the Future Shop at Marche Central in Montreal, Quebec.
* Once at my home, the delivery company made it clear that they would not deliver unless I paid a bribe.
* The machines were not installed (as promised in the store) so I had to pay a handyman.
* The washing machine does not work, never got a chance to try the dryer.
* It takes over 10 minutes (not exaggerating!) to get through to a live person at the store, if you can (try it yourself: [protected]).
* The appliances manager, Daniel, said he would replace the units with new ones -- we agreed on a delivery date, I requested a different delivery company and asked for confirmation of the delivery date -- no one called to confirm.
* The delivery company showed up a week early, I was out of town but my brother was there -- the delivery men were the same guys who bribed me in the first place! -- they refused to take back the defective units!
* I called Future Shop, to complain -- he took back his offer to replace the machines and now I'm just trying to get my money back.
* Now waiting to confirm (again) to have the units picked up and taken back to the store.
* Future Shop also expects me to take a trip to the store to refund my card -- they refuse to do it over the phone!
Now I have to buy new units and am out the cost of the delivery and the installation!