Future Shop - Montreal, Quebec / Never buy appliances from Future Shop!

Canada Review updated:
NEVER buy appliances from Future Shop! Choose a local retailer with a good reputation for customer service. In December 2006 I purchased an LG washer and dryer from the Future Shop at Marche Central in Montreal, Quebec.

* Once at my home, the delivery company made it clear that they would not deliver unless I paid a bribe.

* The machines were not installed (as promised in the store) so I had to pay a handyman.

* The washing machine does not work, never got a chance to try the dryer.

* It takes over 10 minutes (not exaggerating!) to get through to a live person at the store, if you can (try it yourself: [protected]).

* The appliances manager, Daniel, said he would replace the units with new ones -- we agreed on a delivery date, I requested a different delivery company and asked for confirmation of the delivery date -- no one called to confirm.

* The delivery company showed up a week early, I was out of town but my brother was there -- the delivery men were the same guys who bribed me in the first place! -- they refused to take back the defective units!

* I called Future Shop, to complain -- he took back his offer to replace the machines and now I'm just trying to get my money back.

* Now waiting to confirm (again) to have the units picked up and taken back to the store.

* Future Shop also expects me to take a trip to the store to refund my card -- they refuse to do it over the phone!

Now I have to buy new units and am out the cost of the delivery and the installation!

D  21st of May, 2007 by
I think you are exaggerating on your experience. Yes sometimes units come damaged, but that could happen wherever you buy your stuff. Sounds like the manager was trying to fix your problem. Oh, they didn't refund your credit card over the phone... Gee I wonder why that would be. Maybe futureshop wants you to sign for your 2500 dollar refund so they don't lose that money and you don't complain that you didn't actually get your refund or any other legality's like that. Why don't you think before you speak. I'm sure there is a reasonable solution to this matter. Oh, by the way, I work at a futureshop selling appliances, and we take care of our customers.
N  28th of Jun, 2011 by
My name is Maria I want to make a complaint to future shop because they have 1 month fixing my computer and they don't give me a solution, I really need my computer I all ready paid for the warranty and is not fare wait to long, I tell them if they can give me another computer while they give mine I don't care if is new or not I just want a solution because Im spending money in cyber coffee so please help me to make a deal.