Futonsstore.com / Gatelys Shopping Network / I think this company is a scam!

I ordered a Futon on line and gave my credit card number on 10-22-07. I did not get a receipt via email and so far I am lucky that my credit card has not been billed. However, I have been monitoring my credit card statement so that I can have the credit card company dispute the billing if these scammers put it through. I don't want to do business with this company. I tried calling them because I never got a receipt via email as the automated response said I would. I tried to call them and you don't get a live person and when you press the number for cust service dept it is full. The site has been down for about a week. Please stay away from this company.

The website looks legite however, they don't seem to have their act together. I am also writing to the BBB and any other agency regarding this company. Stay away from them!!!

Comments

• Ve
      25th of Sep, 2007

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Their website is up and running and will take your money; you will even get an automated receipt, but as of 9/17/07, you cannot contact them. They will not return emails or phone messages. All of their numbers state you have reached them after hours, even though you call during their stated business hours.

• Ca
      29th of Sep, 2007

This company has had 230 complaints filed in the last 36 months. They have also filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Sept 17, 2007. Additionally, file a dispute with your bank or credit card lender against Gately's. Let's all do what we can to put pressure on this fraudulent company.

• Ti
      4th of Oct, 2007

Unable to contact this company by phone-"We are having difficulty with our phone system". For over a week in the year 2007. Will not respond to email after repeated attempts. I placed my 09/15/07. I will never order online again. Companies like this ruin the experience. Do not order from this company.

• To
      4th of Oct, 2007

I couldn't agree more. Placed my order 8/01/2007. Credit card was charged immediately but have not received the bed yet. today is 10/01/2007. This company does not return email or phone. Phone system have been down over 2 weeks. PLEASE DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY (Gatelys Shopping Network). THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. PLEASE BECAREFUL.

• Ca
      6th of Oct, 2007

If you purchased from any of the Gately's Family of Stores, which includes FutonsStore.com, Sleek Spaces, and MANY MORE... Please file a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau. Go to bbb.org, the company is listed as Gatelys. This company has had 230 complaints filed in the last 36 months. They have also filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Sept 17, 2007.

• Jd
      17th of Oct, 2007

Placed order 9/8/2007 at Raysgolfshop.com, it is one of Gatelys.com family network stores. Charged your credit card right on the next day and run away. After over a month then give you a E-mail said Gatelys filed Chapter 11 on 9-17-2007. No way to get money back. Leading you to a wrong web site "Bill Me Later" to complaint the bill dispute. This is a Fraudulent people out there. Call service phone and review BBB first before place any order on-line. Today is 10-17-2007.

• Al
      31st of Oct, 2007

I also am appalled at this company, I ordered a bed and furniture from bedroomking.com... I got the same as you. The website is down, no one answers tech phone, They do not give you any info to contact them via address or phone. The only way I found an address for them was a search online which gave me the address below and a phone number which I called and NO ONE ANSWERS the phones:

Gately's Shopping Network
    88 Inverness Circle E #A106
    Englewood, CO 80112.

I ended up just canceling my credit card rather than WAIT and then possibly have to dispute anything. I do NOT do business that way and they should be ashamed for sewing such things to honest hardworking people.

I am writing to tell people about this and I will also write the BBB.

Alyson

• To
      4th of Nov, 2007
    Gately's Shopping / Futon Bed - Order never received!

Ordered futon - same as prior complaint - received confirmation and called to follow up on shipping - was told will ship soon and now cannot reach them!

• Va
      5th of Nov, 2007
    Gately's Shopping Network / FutonsStore.com - Gately's Shopping Network is a fraud!

I ordered a futon cover more than 2 weeks ago. Gately's sent me a confirmation email that same day and had a product tracking url attached. I clicked on it but my order number could not be found. So I waited a few days and tried again but it still did not work. I emailed the customer service and they emailed back later that day stating that they were sorry for the delay and it was going to be shipped within 7 to 10 business days and I would receive tracking information once it was shipped. Since then I have emailed twice regarding the status of my order. The website is no longer in service now and I am sure that I will never receive my product, even though they already took the funds from my account. When I call their customer service number, regardless of the time of day, it always states that I have called after hours and prompts me to leave a message, but when I wait for the message, it states that the message box is full and is not accepting anymore messages. I shop online all the time and I have never had a problem until now. I will definitely research the companies I purchase from more thoroughly from now on. Be careful!