Furniture Fix / Biggest Rip Off of the Century

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

ATTENTION, ATTENTION, ATTENTION: This is the biggest rip off of the century. Do not buy it. It's the biggest scam ever. The plastics strips are not resistant and they don’t make any difference as they claim on their TV add. But the worst of all is the handling and delivery this company charges for these items are outrageous. That's what they make their business on. It's not on the items itself. What the make the money is on the delivery charges. For instance I placed an order that came to a total of $102.00. I'm returning the items but from $102.00 I'm only getting back $52.00 on top of the extra expenses I will incur on delivery charges. I'm filing a case with the Chicago Business Bureau. I've been ordering from different TV offers and for the 1st time I've been completely doped.

Na

Comments

• Ro
      Apr 22, 2011
    Furniture Fix - Cost of Shipping
    FurnitureFix.com
    Ohio

Shipping was more than product. Also, it was very easy to order extras that you didn't want to order. No phone number to contact the company to amend order.

• Ro
      Apr 22, 2011

Shipping was more than product! No phone number on website to call them. Also easy to order extra stuff that you don't want.

• Id
      May 25, 2011

Same thing happened to me. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE. They don't let you edit your order nor do they tell you until after they've gotten your credit card information what your shipping costs are... more than the product. Also easy to get tricked into order more than you want. When we finally got to talk with someone, we were told we couldn't cancel the order because it had been shipped. IF we didn't want it to send it back. Well... it will cost MORE to return it... and they know they've already made a profit with the shipping charges. RIDICULOUS... BUT NEVER AGAIN. RIP OFF!

• Fr
      Jul 09, 2011

I just recently filed a claim against this company with the BBB too. I'm hoping if everyone does it, we can make a real difference so this doesn't happen to others!

• Ad
      Jul 13, 2011
    Furniture Fix - SHADY BUSINESS!!
    New York

I saw the commercial, ordered the item b/c I needed something to fix the collapsed mattress in my bed. $14.99 seemed reasonable & it mentioned "You get this for free & that comes w/ it, FREE, if you order now!" So I did..not only did they not have a LIVE person on the phone taking your order (which should have been a clue) it was all machine. For 2 days straight I called to check my order status (even went online which didn't show my order)...so I called my credit card company to make sure it didn't go through b/c at this point I wanted to cancel, I was told they can't cancel but I can dispute it if it goes through. Then the 3rd day I get an email saying it went through. The email confirmation did not show how much was billed & when it was shipped out! It had code names to what was purchased. Uh plain English please! So I called "furniture fix #" again I was told the total was $40!! I lost it! Hidden costs! What a SHADY, DISHONEST business!! That commercial is FALSE ADVERTISING! I was livid I wanted to cancel but since it was already shipped I only had the option of returning it for a full refund but I'd have to pay for the S&H which is 15.99. Unbelievable! It's just not worth the headache!! DON'T BOTHER W/THIS "PRODUCT" it's a SCAM!

• Ph
      Aug 16, 2011
    Furniture Fix - overcharge
    product trend llc

on 6/20/2017 I called furniture fix to order one set of panels to put under the cushion of my chair. The ordering process
    was completly automated. Iwas asked if I wanted extra panels that were free except for paying shipping and handeling. I
    did not opt for this as I had only one chair that needed seat support. When I went on line on 6/21/2017 I saw that I was
    being charged $40.88 for five plastic panels plus extra items that I did not order. I called furniture fix to complain that
    I did not order these extra items. I was told that oreder was already shipped and could not be changed. The screen on-
    line said order was being processed. I went on-line on 6/22/20011 and screen now said order was shipped on 6/22/2017.
    I believe I was told order was shipped on 6/21/2017 for the reason of exploiting me as to not changing charges to my credit
    card. I contacted the massachusetts Atty. General's office of consumers affairs and I was told that if I received something
    at my home that I did not order I was not responsible for paying for it or returning it. I did pay for the one set that I had
    ordered and notified my credit card company (Discover) of my problem. They seem unable to help me reduce my charges
    to what I had ordered and I am stuck with a $40.88 rip off for five plastic panels. I am in my seventies and live on my
    social security payment. Can any one help me? Thank you

Furniture Fix - THE THANK YOU CALL
    FurnitureFix.com
    Georgia
    furniturefix.com

I ordered the furniture fix product for my mother. Clicked NO to all the ancillary products. SHIPPING was outrageous. $15 for shipping on $15 in products. Ok. They got me there... Now I got the "Thank you" call. It goes something like this. "This is "so and so" from furniture fix calling to thank you for your order and to confirm your billing address. I have to inform you the remainder of our call will be recorded for quality assurance blah, blah, blah..." Then I say the magic words: "I do not consent to this call being recorded." She said "What?" LMAO. I said it again, and then she said, "oh ok, thanks for taking my call" Before she could hang up I blasted in with "Now that I have refused consent for recording this call, what did you want to ask me?" Then she goes back to her script, "blah blah blah, for security and quality assurance the rest of this call will be recorded" Once again, "I do not consent to this call being recorded. What do you want?" Her: "Oh we want to give you a $100 gas card for a no obligation..." Me: "Lady, I can't believe you would work for a company that tries to scam people with the whole call recording crap. You know it's a scam and so do I. I do not consent to this call being recorded and I don't have any interest in anything you have to offer." silence... she hung up... To everyone out there... Remember the magic words: "I DO NOT CONSENT TO THIS CALL BEING RECORDED!"

Good day, Pooler GA

Dec 20, 2011

#1. The call is being recorded to the quality assurance of your confirmation of an order.
    #2. What gives a company the right to record my call and "confirm" my billing address. The order was already processed. Why would they need to confirm or record anything thing in a "Thank you" call?
    #3. Do you have a better explanation to offer the rest of the world?

Dec 20, 2011

Oh. Thank you for response. Your use of the English language overwhelms me.

I'm just guessing, either your 13 or you work for a company just like this...

Best regards...

Dec 20, 2011

Thanks SlimJim. Life is good here!

• Ca
      Feb 23, 2012
    Furniture Fix - Ripped off by company for shipping/handling
    Furniture Fix

I ordered plastic strips from a television advertisement that are to be used under cushions on couch. I ordered one set and was suppose to get another set for free. I received 6 boxes in the mail and then I when I called to complain I was told that I had order 11 sets. Then to my amazement my credit card was charged $164.44 for a $14.95 plus shipping and handling. It cost me $20.00 additional funds to return all of these items. I called the credit card company and Furniture Fix to complain and was told basically - too bad. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I advise no one to use this company.

• Of
      Mar 01, 2012

ATTENTION: this is the biggest rip off of the century. Do not buy it. It's the biggest scam ever. The plastic are not really resistant. But the worst of all is that handling and delivery this company charge for these items are outrageous. That's what they make their business on. It's not on the items itself. What the make the money is on the delivery charges. For instance i placed an order that came to a total of $102.00. I'm returning the items but from $102.00 I'm only getting back $52.00 on top of the extra expenses I will incur on delivery charges. I'm filing a case with the Chicago Business Bureau. I've been ordering from different TV offers and for the 1st time I've been completely duped.