Furniture Deal / Terrible company

Last year i bought a chest of drawers from furnituredeal online, when it arrived it was to big for the room i wanted it to go in, they had put the wrong measurements on the item and when i phoned them, they said if i kept the chest they would refund me £30.00.we decided to hold onto it for another room. since then they will not refund the money [i have to email them as they won't discuss it over the phone] i received one email weeks ago confirming they would send me the money but they have not yet done so and i have emailed them dozens of times since which they don't answer. today i have tried to phone them and the phone is permanently engaged. it's not a huge amount of money i know but i am so angry with the way they are conducting themselves.

An

Comments

• Me
      12th of Aug, 2009

furniture deal would not buy from them ever again paid for 2 beds and mattress on may19th still waiting now after being lied to saying they were coming into stock same anwser each time i rang still waiting for refund now in august they have poor comunication never anwser emails and sales staff are very rude stay clear of this company

• Me
      12th of Aug, 2009

furniture deal are rip of mercents take your money but u dont see the goods iv been waiting 4 monthes no goods no refund rude staff email not replied to

• Ca
      12th of Aug, 2009

I paid £500 for a cabinet on March 3rd with a delivery lead time of 6-8 weeks. I received no contact after 8 weeks and contacted them. No apology but was advised 23rd July. Once again no arrival, no communication. I contacted them again and again and again...and was continually told "we will respond to you query with a resolution within 24 hours" but they just do not respond

I cannot ever recall receiving such poor levels of communication or customer service form any company i have ever dealt with. I can accept delays if they are communicated effectively...

PS - I still don't have a cabinet or any idea if or when i will receive it or a refund

Stay well clear of this company

• Fu
      25th of Aug, 2009
    Furniture Deal - Lied about delivery date, will not give refund
    Furniture Deal
    Plano
    Texas

I purchased a sofa pictured in a flyer I received from this company August 20th and was told I could pick it up in 3 to 5 days. On Aug. 25th I went to the store and was told it will be up to 6 weeks, , they weren't sure.
    I asked for my money back ( easy to do, , it was a Visa purchase ) and the salesman told me to come back tomorrow. He said the salesman who sold me the sofa was working tomorrow. I said they had one like I purchased sitting right there. He said I couldn't have that one. I asked for a manager. He said the salesman who sold me the sofa was the manager. I asked for the phone number for the Corporate Office. He said there wasn't one. I turned around and told the couple behind me not to purchase anything there and that I had been lied to and now they wouldn't give me my money back.
    The salesman called the police and told 911 they had a guy in their store " acting crazy " and he needed Officers right away. I waited till Officers arrived, despite the sales guy telling me I had better leave before the police got there. When they arrived, they listened to my story and asked why the store didn't refund my money. The sales guy said it wasn't possible. I had to speak to the guy coming in to work tomorrow.
    The police advised me this was a civil matter but that if I didn't leave the store the salesman could file criminal trespass charges against me. He asked for my name. I said that was fine but wanted to obtain a copy of the Police Report concerning this incident. I followed one of the Officers to his vehicle where he gave me the report number. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE, , , ANY LOCATION !!!

• Ba
      27th of Aug, 2009

Barbara
    I ordered 2 bedside cabinets from furniture deal and after many promises of delivery they never arrived. I have now cancelled my order and am awaiting a refund. I have been in touch with the office of fair trading and my credit card company who both promised to help. Furniture deal should be made to stop trading, this experience has made me think twice about buying anything else over the internet.

3rd of Oct, 2009

i have being buying furniture for numerous years from them. and have had great deals and a fantastic service

after liquidation all refunds have been given, or are in the process, the noise on this is louder than it should be

3rd of Oct, 2009

i have bought tons of furniture...
    friendly staff
    website is user friendly
    i am sad that it has closed down as i have bad experiences from some websites but this one has to be the best of the rest

3rd of Oct, 2009

if your delivery was late its not a big deal to bombard a sales assistant...being a loyal and also worried customer i followed up this complaint and have seen you were refunded your money and the reason your delivery was late because your first sofa delivered to the depot was damaged so they ordered another one that would take longer, of coarse explaining that to someone who has no knowledge of patience is extremely hard...also there is CCTV evidenece of your behaviour which was extremely awful and dangerous to an extent.

i will buy from this company

i have done so for many years

and will continue to do so

3rd of Oct, 2009

i have 24 investment properties that have been fully furnished by funituredeal, i fully disgaree with what you have to say as all my deliveries have been prompt. theydeal with a customer base of 6000 people in 2 days, if that means that only this many of you have complaints then i am still amazed at their service.

i love this company and will continue to buy from them if they ever trade again