Furniture Brands Group / Scam and cheating!

1 545 8th St. Suite 401, NY, NY 10018-4307New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-218-0890

First of all... this complaint website must stop advertising the scamming furniture company at the top of this page!!
FURNITURE BRANDS GROUP, also called FBG STORES is the shadow umbrella company name for the following online furniture scam companies, at the same address in New York: EVERYDAYFURNISHINGS.COM, ONECLICKFURNITURE.COM, ACCENTWAREHOUSE.COM, BEDROOMPLAZA.COM, DINETTESGALORE.COM GOHOMEOFFICE.COM, GREATTOBEAKID.COM LIVINGROOMSNMORE.COM, RACKITANDSTACKIT.COM, TICKTOCKSHOP.COM, STRICTLYCHAIRS.COM, SOFASHOWPLACE.COM.

Also, there are numerous home improvement companies run out of the same address, of which i am suspicious: DREAM KITCHENS, APEX WINDOWS, THREE GUYS FLOOR COVERING INC., EKCER WINDOWS & HOME IMPROVEMENT.
Please don't give these people your money... if you have, and are not receiving your merchandise, you need to call the fraud and/or dispute department of your credit card, or at least find out the deadline of days they allow to file a "no receipt of merchandise" dispute with them, otherwise the credit card won't be able to help you, and guess who gets to keep your money. Also, once you realize you've been scammed, please file a report with the Attorney General's office of New York.

More Furniture Brands Group Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Do
      22nd of Nov, 2007

This Same Company... also called Everyday Furnishings, Furniture Brands Group, and many other names, took my furniture order and over
    $3000. from me. After 3 months of waiting for my furniture they gave me the name of the Shipper, I called them, they did not have an order for me. I called BROYHILL, the Furniture Manufacture, they said they had NEVER heard of this company, even though they had pictures of every piece of Broyhill furniture on their web site. I suspect none of the listed furniture companies on their web site has heard of them either.

• Je
      29th of Nov, 2007

8 weeks ago, I ordered a piece of furniture on www.oneclickfurniture.com. I was told the shipping would take 6-8 weeks. When I didn't hear anything, I emailed the Customer Service Department for Furniture Brands Group and this is the email I received:

We have spoken to the factory and they have advised us that originally there was a problem in production with your order which has caused the delay. This has since been cleared up and your order is ready to go out, however since they do not typically send out each order individually on their own truck your order is scheduled to be shipped on the next truck out. The next truck should be leaving the factory by 12/21. I sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. Because of the delay I did change the standard delivery from 11-14 business day to 5-10 Business day priority. I will try to make every effort to internally expedite this. Should you have any questions or would like to deal with me directly feel free to reply to this email as it is the fastest and best way to get a hold of me.

There was no name or phone contact in this email. Very suspicious! What the company is trying to do is make you wait past the deadline to file a "no receipt of merchandise" dispute with your credit card company. I immediately contacted my credit card company and they are currently disputing this purchase. DO NOT MAKE PURCHASES FROM THIS COMPANY!!

• Si
      24th of Dec, 2007

I had the same experience as the other postings. We ordered furniture and our credit card was charged prior to us receiving the furniture. We had to call and dispute the charge with the cc company. They told us that the furniture was at the warehouse and they is scheduled to ship the following week. Needless to say the furniture was never shipped.

• Su
    New York
    New York
    Phone: 1-877-391-0646
    www.furniturebrandsgroup.com

Unfortunately, I read the prior complaint after I realized I was scammed. This company immediately charged my account, and never sent the goods. Although my credit card company is investigating, I may be out the dollars I spent for curio cabinets. Do NOT buy from this company. They are dishonest in their business practices. They charge you and never send the product.

• La
      9th of Jan, 2008

To all the victims of Furniture Brand Group and all the listed FAKE stores they operate... call your credit card immediately, and file a "no receipt of merchandise" dispute. Don't wait, and don't think all the excuses they're giving you are real... it's just a plot to OUT-LAST YOU. They may even throw you a bone of $50 bucks, to string you along a little while longer, just to give you another excuse again... on and on!

There is a TV news station in NY with a segment on their broadcast, called "7 ON YOUR SIDE"..I think they are interested in exposing this scam in NY....maybe even walk into the place with a camera... this is my wish for 2008!!

Hopefully, the credit card companies will catch onto this scam, and figure out a way that consumers' cards cannot be charged until after a legitimate tracking number has been issued from a legitimate furniture shipper. This is how the REAL online stores operate... your card is not charged until it's officially shipped. If your card is charged immediately when you place the order: BIG RED FLAG!! If the card companies lose enough money from this kind of scam, i would think they could put the hurt on...
    Good luck everyone.

• Su
      9th of Jan, 2008

Placed an order 9/9/07 and still getting pushed back.

I'd hate to cancel now after waiting this long, but sounds like it is a scam.

16th of Jan, 2008
    Furniture Brands Group - Never received goods!
    Furniture Brands Group
    Oregon
    Phone: 503-871-1209
    www.furniturebrandsgroup.com

I ordered furniture Oct 1, 2007, and have not received the furniture. They keep contacting saying it is being shipped & then it never happens. I asked for a credit & they said they would call me back, but never do. Now, they don't answer their number at all.

• De
      18th of Jan, 2008

Try 866-218-0890

• Mg
      21st of Jan, 2008

It's truly a scam and no furniture will come. We were double charged and are out over $7000. I just keep calling good ole Suzie and letting her know what I think of her as a person and a thief!

• Pr
      9th of Feb, 2008

I ordered a Curio Cabinet online Christmas Day from onceclickfurniture, I immediately received my order confirmation from furniturebrandsgroup. The confirmation stated that my curio would be ordered from Harden Manufacturing and would be shipped by truck in 4 to 6 weeks. I haven't heard back from them since. After several emails, numerous phone calls to oneclick as well as FBG to which I never spoke to a real person only to a machine which kept me on hold for over 30 minutes stating "All customer service agents are busy assisting other callers" then after about 30 minutes the call just disconnected. I decided to call Harden Manufacturing directly, they could not help me. Seems I did not have a customer order number which I should have received from FBG once the curio was ordered. I called my cc company to find out when the charge on my card was authorized and by whom. My card was charged the very next day, 12/26/07. The agent assisting me gave me the phone number from where the authorization call was made. I called that number and got the same answering machine message. I immediately asked for a dispute to be filed. I have again attempted to contact oneclickfurniture as well as FBG but they still have not responded to any of my emails.

12th of Feb, 2008

I purchased a bedroom set and four dining room chairs from OneClickFurniture.com. The website looked ligit, and after I placed the order I got confirmations for my orders. I waited till after the holidays to call them because I figured they would call me. They never called me so I started to worry. So I called them, I asked this lady when my order would be shipped because I would be moving soon. She told me in two weeks, two weeks later no furniture. So I kept calling and each I time I would call I would get the same woman which was odd. She would push the delivery back another week. Then this guy answered one day and I told him to cancel my orders and refund me my money, he kept trying to jerk me around some more. He said I would get a complete refund in less than a week. I never received it. That's when I realized what was going on, IT IS A SCAM, and a dam good one at that. Luckily I had to fill out a theft report with my bank and I am waiting on the end result of what they find. If you are a person who has purchased anything from these phony companies, CALL YOUR BANK ASAP, before its too late.

• C
      23rd of Feb, 2008

I totally agree with the fact that this company and it's umbrella companies are a scam and conduct fraudulent business practices. I have contacted my credit card company to notify them of the fraudulent charge. The best next step, which I will pursue, is to report this company and its alias company names to the NY State Attorney General's Office also. These people, including a woman self-identified as "Susie" and a manager, self-identified as "Al Carter", need to be put out of business and fined for fraudulent business practices.

28th of Feb, 2008

I am shocked that this company is scamming so many individuals (including myself). It looked so legitimate! I placed an order for a curio on January 13th, 2008, paid the credit card bill and am now within the time frame when it should be delivered. Last night I accidentally stumbled across this complaint site. I am so thankful to you individuals who made complaints because I was able to inform my credit card company in time to get a refund if it doesn't arrive soon. (I am sure it will never come after reading the various stories.) Besides, I was informed today that the curio is now set to be delivered at least a month later than promised, so the delay tactics have begun. Thank you Laura Linn for your advise on flling a fraud complaint with my credit card company. What Laura says is absolutely right. Call your credit card company right away so they can credit your account before it's too late.

• Na
      29th of Feb, 2008

I too was convinced that this website was a legit online furniture dealer. I made the mistake of not checking them out with the BBB. The complaints are growing every day. I ordered furniture on 1/14/08. I finally did get thru and talked with Suzy. I was told that my furnture will ship out on 3/14.(61 days after I ordered) How convenient because I think you only have 60 days to file fraud charges with your credit card. I have been in touch with the furniture manufacture and was told they have not paid for furniture for several months and have not been paying the shipping company either. I believe that they started out legit and now are going under taking what they can with them.
    Everyone needs to contact their credit cards and the BBB. Dont let them get away with your money.

• Tr
      3rd of Mar, 2008

I am so thankful that I saw these postings. I ordered $3500 of furniture from oneclickfurniture.com on 3/1/08. I too received a confirmation email from Furniture Brands Group indicating that I would be charged right away. There were also several company names- the website I ordered from was oneclickfurniture.com, the email confirmation was from Furniture Brands Group, and the order confirmation from the webpage was also listed under everydayfurnishing.com. I have contacted my credit card company and cancelled the card- prior to any charge from this group. I really appreciate dodging the bullet on this!!

• Ka
      4th of Mar, 2008

I ordered furniture in the amount of $2645.00 on 12/18/07. My credit card was charged for the full amount. The furniture has never arrived . They tell me that it is in process, between transit trucks and not shipped. Everytime I call, the delivery day is pushed back another 10 days. I am now waiting almost 3 mos. I spoke to Al Carter who is suppose to be a manager and asked him to credit my account. He states it will take 7-10 days to process the credit, what a crock!!! I have asked to speak to the general manager and they transfer to voice mail in which nobody returns the calls. I have contact my credit card company to dispute the fraud charges. I have also contacted the WABC7 investigators and the attorney general. We have got to put a stop to this SCAM Co.

• Ka
      4th of Mar, 2008

I ordered furniture in the amount of $2645.00 on 12/18/07. My credit card was charged for the full amount. The furniture has never arrived. They tell me that it is in process, between transit trucks and not shipped. Everytime I call, the delivery day is pushed back another 10 days. I am now waiting almost 3 mos. I spoke to Al Carter who is suppose to be a manager and asked him to credit my account. He states it will take 7-10 days to process the credit, what a crock!!! I have asked to speak to the general manager and they transfer to voice mail in which nobody returns the calls. I have contact my credit card company to dispute the fraud charges. I have also contacted the WABC7 investigators and the attorney general. We have got to put a stop to this SCAM Co.

• La
      5th of Mar, 2008

Hi everyone... so sorry to hear about more victims...
    Natalie has just informed me that FBG stores has a new store & different address: called BESTBUY DECOR.COM... the more everyone can find out about all the FBG sub-stores and the different names they keep changing to, the better: and it's important to POST COMPLAINTS with the full name of the newest store the FBG stores opens on the web... then, this name will pop up in search engines, including the complaint sites and inform more people of the scam, before they make a purchase with any of their stores.

• Na
      6th of Mar, 2008

I too cannot wait until this company gets shut down. My furniture was ordered from Aico on 1/14/08. I have been in contact with Aico on several occasions and have been told that no payments have been made on furniture since Sept. 2007. All furniture has been put back and are not being held anymore. They actually are not allowed to order any new furniture until the old orders have been paid for and shipped out. But they continue to advertise Aico and I even called and was told I could have my order in 7-9 weeks . They are good con artists!!

I hope they get busted soon.

11th of Mar, 2008

Unfortunately I made the same mistake as everryone else here did, I ordered a bedroom suit on 8/15/07, after december passed i became alittle worried. So the phone calls started, and nothing ever happened. So the order was cancelled on 2/19/ 08 and I recieved an email stating a refund would be posted in 7-10 days, 14 days passed and nothing. So I called and talked with little miss Suzie, once again, an email was sent to me stating a refund would be posted in 2 days. Well 6 days later and today I have nothing. These people are what people refer to as trash, thieves, worthless pieces of ###. As you can tell I am alittle mad, $3,400 , and now I have to wait for my credit card company to act on the dispute. I just can't believe that the state of new york allows this kind of business ethics. Please, everyone who reads these complaints needs to forward them to everyone possible and pass the word, and remember when visiting NYC, stop by 545 eigth Ave suite 401, Brooklyn Ny, 10018 and pay them all a visit.