Furniture Bazaar / Delay in order delivery & very bad response

I recently visited the Furniture Bazaar at Baner Road in Pune. Found a product good and I decided to purchase it. They told me that the lead-time is approx 2 weeks. When asked I was told that I am required to pay the entire amount and there is no policy of taking advance and paying the balance when the order is delivered.

It is been almost five weeks now and I have not got the order. The Sales team does seem to show any kind of responsibility. Huge amount of Rs.5000 is lying with them and they are saying now that it will take another 4 weeks.

I requested them to refund the money if the delay is so much, to which they promptly reply they refund policy is not simple and complicated and it is tough to refund the amount.

It is really frustrating looking like they are taking customers for granted and refund policy is not transparent as compared to the sales policy. Whenever I try to call them a low level guy picks up the phone and he says manager is not presently there. I give them my phone to ask the manager to give me a call back but it never happens.

I am helpless about this ridiculous behavior.

A  17th of Aug, 2007 by
I am in the same boat as you are. I ordered something 7/1/07 at the Furniture Bazaar in Farmingdale, and they told me "approximately 3 weeks" and I too have paid in full. It has now been 6 weeks, and 2 complains to the better business bureau later and STILL no word from them. They are the biggest scam ever.

I called them over and over, and it does nothing!

One guy over the phone actually was trying to get off the phone with me because they were "closing" (At 6pm on a Saturday when on the receipt it says 9pm??)

This company has done nothing but aggravate me, and what annoys me the most is that I am STILL waiting on my order to get to my house.

I will never, NEVER buy ANYTHING from this place, ever again.
A  18th of Aug, 2007 by
*Update (from my last comment): I tried to cancel my order yesterday morning, and I called their store from 10am-11am and the phone was apparently disconnected, so I went there in person to cancel my order to find out there was NOTHING in their building, I received no phone call or anything. The building was completely empty and there weren't any signs on the building telling me where they relocated or the fact they closed down. They scammed me.
A  18th of Sep, 2007 by
same problem here
given full amount 9500/- for wardrobe in furniture bazar, after long followups i got the furniture, but the quality of the furniture is worst if you want to use for daily use.
they all are made from particle wood (i.e. wood powder + gum paste). i found that after two days of fiting that furniture in my flat, door was bended like a bow, i complained in furniture bazar, they told me that they will change send a carpainter and if he gives the green signal to them then only they will change the door, i have followup personaly by going thier office saveral times but no body came to see that wardrobe. well i asked from their manager (vishal) too, he told for next day they wil send somebody to check it. nobody comes in next 1 week, then again i go to furniture bazar and written complaint again in their register. then one guy comes to my flat and agrred to replace that defected part of it.
now again i have to foolowup for replacing that door. i have realy given up , since i have called atleast 30-40 times and went there atleast 10 times but nothing happened positively.
they have commited that they will change the door in next 10 days, and now its arround 1.5 months they did not do anything. what should i do. can anybody suggest me.
i found that furniture quality is also not good, they looks good but when you use in ur house they will show their bad features.
N  18th of Sep, 2007 by
dont take any furniture from furniture bazar, go to bazirao road any furniture shop and order or purchase good furniture in just as half rates then furniture bazar and quality is far better in that.

i ordered one teak wood sofa(with life time garentee for wood and 8 years garentee for lather and polishing) in just 15000/- its so beutiful. wood quality is good, and they put nice lather covering in that, same sofa if you go to furniture bazar it costs you more then 40000/- arround with rubber wood (easily attracts white ants)