Furniture and AccentsInternet Scammers

1 Review updated:

Ordered furniture online - never received. Kept being told it was on backorder. Finally requested refund and never received - they will not return calls or emails. The phone numbers listed on the website keep changing and becoming disconnected. Buyer Beware of this company - they are scammers.

Company Owner is:
Debra Clark
131 E Holly St
Pasadena, CA [protected]

Job: Furniture & Accents, Owner

Comments

• Re
      Jul 23, 2009

Same thing happened to us. Ordered a fireplace for $573 and never received it. They claim it was on backorder.. emailed us on June 24th that it would ship in 48 hours. Well, that was over a month ago and no fireplace. they do not respond to emails or phone messages. We are initiating legal action.

• Br
      Aug 10, 2009

Please contact me on what happens with this. I am out $500 so this is no chump change. Tghe probelm is this "backorder" problem has been happening since February and PayPal wont take diisputes after 45 days

• Br
      Aug 10, 2009

look up Allure furniture.. same company. A former employee confirmed its a scam

• Mg
      Aug 10, 2009

I got my table but need to exchange/return it and I haven't heard any response to my 6 voicemail messages and 5 email requests. I bought through Yahoo shopping thinking it was legitimate...oh well. Any suggestions on next steps?

• Wa
      Aug 21, 2009

I'm having the exact same experience. I've tried to file a complaint with PayPal but they will only help if multiple complaints are received within 180 days. If you haven't done so already, please contact PayPal and maybe we can all get our money back.

Jan 22, 2010

Dear M. Gregory,
    I know that you were ripped off by Debra Clark too. I am pursuing her and ask a favor. Please write to the NY State Attorney General's office detailing the theft. Send any receipts and emails you have. In order to take "formal law enforcement action" against her, they need to have evidence of a business's pattern of repeated fraud. The address is:
    Steven Spitzer, Internet Bureau
    State of New York
    Office of the Attorney General
    120 Broadway
    NY, NY [protected]
    This will allow them to pursue and arrest her for theft. She should have stolen enough by now to qualify for a felony. Also, please write your Attorney General's Office and I will send my complaint, along with as many people as we can get to file complaints in each state. This way she will NEVER get away with anything like this again.

I am finding out the best way to sue her and recover money. I will continue to post as I find out information. The best way to communicate is to email me at [protected]@aol.com. Please let me hear from you, Cris Bonuso

Feb 07, 2010

The NYS Attorney General's Office was no help. They said get a lawyer and go to small claims court in Pasadena, CA. I am planning on doing that. I have one more complaint to file with the Pasadena Mediation office and ask that you all do as well.

Although I do NOT expect that Debra Clark will participate in any VOLUNTARY mediation, it will help establish that pattern of fraud the law enforcement officials keep speaking about. It will also provide another show of bad faith on her part when I take her to small claims court. I will keep you all informed. I hope you will take this link and fill out the forms and send them in. If you have had any luck please let me know.
    Cris [protected]@aol.com

Ms. B:

If you are interested in mediating this dispute please download our Mediation Request Form here: http://dca.lacounty.gov/Forms/disputeform.pdf. Send the completed Mediation Request Form and copies of any documents you have to prove your claim to:

County of Los Angeles Department of Consumer Affairs
    500 W. Temple St., Room B-96
    Los Angeles, CA 90012
    Attn: Mediation Unit

I hope we can help you resolve your dispute. If you have any other questions feel free to contact us at [protected] (within Los Angeles County), or [protected].

Adriana Gallegos