furnace / Scam

1 Denver, United States Review updated:

I called ARS Rescue Rooter for to service my furnace. The operator placed me on hold, came back on the line, and informed me that the furnace check-up fee of $79.99 special would be extended to me. The tech came out the next day and looked at the furnace, rubbed some soot on to his finger, and then informed me that my furnance was old and dangerous and that I would need a new furnance and that they could finance it -all within two minutes! Realizing it was a scam, I promptly asked him to leave the house. This company is a total scam from the first phone call to the so called servicing the furnance!

jim

Lk

Comments

• Ac
      14th of Dec, 2010

How many years have YOU been certified to check furnaces? To the properly trained technician many times it does not take hours and hours to see the obvious. COMPARISON: If you're not an auto mechanic and you towed a vehicle with an inoperative engine to a mechanic shop, the mechanic opens the hood, sees a hole in the engine block and tells you that you need a new engine...and you say, "He didn't even try to start the engine! All he did is raise the hood and tell me I need a new engine! RIP-OFF!
    REMEMBER THIS: THERE ARE TECHNICIANS OUT THERE THAT HAVE MORE TRAINING AND KNOW MORE THAN YOUR AVERAGE JOE OR EVEN YOUR AVERAGE TECHNICIAN. SOMETIMES IT'S BEST TO GET NUMEROUS SECOND OPINIONS INSTEAD OF STOPPING AT THE ONE THAT TELLS YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR!!!

• Eg
      13th of Mar, 2012
    furnace - Defect
    Direct Energy Ontario
    Markham
    Ontario
    Canada

Bought a new Amana (Goodman) Furnace in Nov, 2011. Whenever there is a climate switch from above 10 to 0, the furnace failed. It failed 2 months after it was installed. Direct Energy sent a technician, technician couldn't repair it. A 2nd technician was sent, got the furnace running. The furnace failed again 3 weeks later, another technician came and got the furnace running. Middle of March now, and weather is warm, I cannot test whether the furnace will run properly. I need additional warranty to protect myself for Winter 2013 as it seems highly likely the furnace will fail since it was either a defect that Direct Energy sold me or that it was never installed properly.

• Wp
      21st of Mar, 2012

Hello Eggma. I am sorry to learn about the frustration with your furnace. Amana Heating and cooling units are manufactured through a licensing agreement with Goodman Global, INC. You can call them at 1-877-254-4729; you can write them at 7401 Security Way
    Houston, TX 77040, or use this link, http://www.amana-hac.com/Home/AboutUs/ContactUs/tabid/171/Default.aspx, for further assistance. I hope this information proves helpful. Sincerely, Melanie.