Funwebprofits.com / Unauthourized charges

1 Florida, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-402-2666

They removed $69.97 off my account, and overdrew my checking account $186.00 for insufficient funds I have never seen or visited this web site, how they got my account I don't know but watch these people.

Comments

• Li
      7th of Aug, 2009

July 30, 2009 I went on line and filled out info. for a job through google online. After I put in my credit info. the next page, told me that they were going to take out 24.95 or 29.95 monthly for providing me info. on a online job. I immediately cancelled this and got a confirmation from Alternative Funding. I made a copy of this confirmation as well as placed it in my file. I never thought anything else about it. Stupid me! On July 31, 2009 VBL*Fun Web Profits.Com whom I've never heard of took out a 1.97 and then Aug, 7, 2009 they proceeded to remove another 69.97 from my account. I have filed a police report and had my debit card cancelled and reported them to my bank as doing fraudulent withdrawals. You know I went online hoping to find a way to supplement our income, as my hours have been cut and my husband is on strike, and what happens I get screwed royally. I am to the point where I will never visit another address trying to help with my income or by doing any surveys. This is the second time I have been taken, and the first one was by answering a survey. Be ware The Internet Can Ruin You Linda, Terre Haute, In.

• Le
      12th of Aug, 2009

I just had the very same experience, looks like funwebprofits gets your info from googleonline and/or alternative funding. Obviously a scam, as the ph# listed for funwebprofits doesn't even work & so you cannot contact them. I'm going to dispute the credit card charges & close the account. Good for Linda in filing a police report, you GO girl!!!

• Na
      15th of Aug, 2009
    funwebprofits.com - unautherized charge to my bank account
    funwebprofits.com

I also autherized 1.97 for a trial offer and realized it was not for me so I cancelled it all the same day within one hours time. Within a few days I noticed they charged my bank account the 1.97 and another with drawl for 69.97. I am trying to get them to refund it but spinning my wheels. Do not trust them!!!

• Mi
      18th of Aug, 2009

I just had the same thing happen to me

• Pa
      19th of Aug, 2009

I did the same thing, just hoping to make some much needed extra money, I am on disabilitie, and like and idiot went to funwebprofits too. Once I saw you had to pay, I cancelled immediately, but the next day, which was yesterday, they withdrew 69.97 from my account. Thing is, they took it directly from my checking account, so now I have no way to get it back. I only hope until I can get to my bank and close the account, they do not take out any more.

• Ba
      25th of Aug, 2009

I did the same thing but i have stop the payment throught the bank and have stop my credit card and now i am out 205.00 and like many other familys i was just trying to make more money for my family.
    I have called ever dayand now i am starting to have people call ever hour on the hour they made my like a living hell so it is my turn to make hell for them.

Barbara King

• Ga
      26th of Aug, 2009

Same problem for me. Started with FunWebProfits who I called to cancell and get a refund. Have to wait up to 30 days for a credit before my bank can do anything about that. Next I'm charged by Altfunding.com then MyResource, whoever they are. Got my bank to credit my account for these two. Have also replaced debit card so it, hopefully, can't happen again.
    How can it be legal to disperse private banking information? It's a rip!

Gaelyn

• Ke
      5th of Sep, 2009

The same thing happened to me.Except one thing I have learned is to only use a credit card instead of a debit card please whoever reads this only use a credit card when shopping on line !, I do alot of shopping on line.I didn't order anything from these people or sign up for anything.But somehow weather through a web site I bought something from or from google or somehow they got all my information.I called and they canceled my account then the lady I talked to thought I was from california.I said I didnt sign up for anything .she then says well according to the ISP address it didnt come from where you are now?? Im like ok then I want a refund fund to which she replied we dont handle that but call this number and they will .Of course I call a half dozen times.And then I got music and then nothing .I went straight to my bank cancelled my credit card and let the bank take care of it for me.It is easier when someone trys to rip you off to only use a credit card.Always do that..I had a charge of 1.97 one of 29 and change and one of 69 and change.I didnt know about the other two just the 29 dollar one the bank found out about the other two..shawn

• St
      8th of Sep, 2009

There is no scam here.

If you cancel your account before the next scheduled billing date, then your account is guaranteed to be canceled out, and no longer be billed. So it is not possible for a customer to be billed again once their account is canceled.

Now, I must apologize for any inconvenience with the FunWebProfits customer service you may have received. The Customer Support and Resolution Center have both been overloaded with calls for service and coaching. We're very sorry if you may have experienced irregular hold times and may not have had the level of support that you need.

When you place an order for the service online, you receive a free trial period to the membership websites. The Terms and Conditions for the offer can always be found on the website where you are placing your order. There are also links to the full Terms & Conditions which are a requirement in order to process your credit card. Its always wise to take a moment to read the terms before quickly submitting your order.

The trial period or risk-free period gives you the opportunity to try the service and see the real value of it before you are ever billed for a full service fee. If your not interested in being a member, simply call to cancel or submit your cancellation online to avoid being charged.

All required product information is always presented clearly before you enter any methods of payment for products you are ordering. This provides access to all the terms and disclosures, as well as the customer service information for both the product you ordered and the companion program(s) that accompany it.

For your convenience, FunWebProfits also sends a order confirmation email which provides details for your account, such as steps, websites, username/passwords, and billing information. When contacting our customer service department, we're only capable of addressing concerns for this product alone, because we do not have access to any other companies databases and nor do we provide support for other companies. As a courtesy, you receive a recurring billing email message that alerts you to the next scheduled billing and if you choose to cancel before getting billed - the information is readily available for you to do so.

Customer support for FunWebProfits can be reached at 1-877-402-2666, 9am to 9pm EST.

If you are another customer that is reading this and you have already tried customer service, but feel that you may have been failed in receiving proper support in some way or you feel you weren't treated fairly, please email crc@csregister.com for instant customer support, where resolution agents will be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,
    Online Customer Support Team

• Si
      10th of Sep, 2009

I was charged as well and the VBL FUNWEBPROFITS.COM contact number was reflected in my billing account so I was able to contact them and made a complaint and demanded for a refund. Their contact number is
    1-877-402-2666

• Me
      20th of Sep, 2009

I got caught up in this also. I called them to cancel a few days after I signed up and the lady that I talked to assured me that I would not be charged again but last week $29.95 was taken out of my bank account by altfunding. I just now found this website and am glad I did because I wasn't sure if this was for the google thing or not so now I know that it is. I've got a letter from my bank to dispute the charge so I don't know if I'll get my money returned or not but this is a wake up call for me, NO MORE SIGNING UP FOR ANYTHING WITHOUT READING THE TERMS first!

I'm going to try to call them again and complain, not sure if I'll get my money back. I've notified my bank and they canceled my bank card and have issued me another one with a different number so I hope that stops them from getting anymore money from me. This really upsets me, the lady lied to me about not charging anything else to my account and canceling my membership!

• Cr
      25th of Sep, 2009

Any of the programs mentioned, are not scams.

These are very reputable company that can help just about anyone start easily making money using the internet. Many people have found the programs to be really easy to use, allowing them to begin working from home and earning a steady income.

We apologize for any inconvenience with customer service that you may have received.

We're very sorry if you may have experienced irregular hold times and may not have received the level of support that you needed at the time of your call. Sometimes the Customer Support and Resolution Center will get overloaded with calls for service questions and coaching but online support is always available for your convenience. We ask that you please be patient with your call and if you require immediate assistance or simply wish to cancel, you can always submit your concern via the contact form on the websites customer support page. All concerns submitted online are logged and handled in a timely manner for your satisfaction.

All required product offer information can always be found clearly presented before you enter any methods of payment for the product or service that you are ordering. This provides access to all the terms and disclosures, as well as the customer service information for both the product you are ordering and any companion program(s) that may accompany it.

For your convenience, the program you signed up with sends an order confirmation or welcome email when you place an order. The email you receive provides complete details for your account, such as steps, websites, username/passwords, and billing information. Upon request, the welcome email message can always be re-sent.

When you place an order for a risk-free trial with the service, you receive a free trial period to the membership websites. You will always receive the order confirmation and or welcome emails the day you submit your order. If you submit an order and you have not received any email messages in a timely fashion, then you should contact customer support immediately.

When you're in the process of signing up online, the Terms and Conditions for the offer can always be found on the website page where you are placing your order. This is a strict requirement by all payment processors, and all companies do try their best to have terms presented clearly for the consumer to read. There are also clickable links to the full Terms & Conditions which can always be found on every website page where you place an order.

It's very wise to take your time when surfing online and signing up for offers. You can avoid a lot of frustration when ordering products or services online if you slow down the process of finalizing your order submit. You can become a safer and more responsible consumer by always taking a moment to read the full terms of an offer. At least read the part or sections pertaining to any dollar amounts ($) that are scheduled to be charged towards your account.

After you review the terms and conditions you should make an educated decision as to whether or not you should continue with the offer. Your educated decision should be based upon how important the product is for you to have, how much the product will cost, how comfortable you are with making a payment to cover the costs of this important product that you must have - which may require monthly payments, and whether or not you're fully capable of affording the total cost in the long run. Depending on how much money you have available, without making an educated decision after reviewing the terms, you could end up leaving yourself without enough money for other obligations and needs that you may have.

If you are quickly submitting an order online without fully knowing the most important aspects of the offer, such as dollar amounts and schedule of payments - then you are essentially not caring to read and be knowledgeable to the full extent of the charges & the agreement that you just entered into and have fully authorized with your electronic signature.

The trial period or risk-free period gives you the opportunity to try the service and see the real value of it before you are ever billed for a full service fee. During your trial period, if you're not interested in continuing with your membership to the service, you can simply call to cancel or easily submit your cancellation online. When cancelling during your trial period, you will avoid being charged any full service fees that may be required for the continuation of your membership.

When you cancel your account, you should receive a cancellation confirmation code. If you don't, you should always make sure to request for a confirmation code for your records. At the time your cancellation is submitted, you will also receive a detailed cancellation confirmation email delivered to your email address on file. Once you submitted your cancellation, your account is immediately removed from the system. The programs Customer Support toll-free numbers are found in several places and the hours of operation are from 9am to 8pm EST, every business day, Monday thru Friday.

When contacting the customer service department, we're only capable of addressing concerns for this product alone, because we do not have access to any other companies databases and nor are we capable of providing support for other companies.

As a courtesy, customers receive a recurring billing email message that alerts you to the next scheduled billing and if you choose to cancel before getting billed - the information is readily available for you to do so. For customers who believe they were billed even after they canceled and received their confirmation code. That is not true, because if you cancel your account before the next scheduled billing date, then your account is guaranteed to be canceled, and will no longer be billed. So it is not possible for a customer to be billed again once their account is canceled.

Sometimes a customer may experience a charge on their account after they canceled because the scheduled billing date was most likely the same day or the day before they submitted their cancellation. The transaction may not have been completed 100% by the time they reviewed their bank account and called to cancel, because sometimes a credit card transaction may take up to a maximum of 2-3 days to complete. So the customers billing most likely had already ran the day before they canceled their account, and the very next day after that - the transaction completed. So now the customer thinks they were wrongfully billed, which is not the case. Please understand that there are Negative Consumer databases that are slowly building every day with more and more people who are flagged as negative consumers (ones that do not resolve concerns with customer service, or do not accept company policies and perform chargeback's). You do not want yourself to be placed on a database like this, as it could potentially damage your reputation and possibly your credit or "purchasing power", in which you will be identified as a customer that company's do not want to do business with.

When a consumer signs up for a product online and is unsatisfied with the service received. There are a few steps that should always be followed before ever making an attempt to contact a bank or credit card company and having a charge reversed.

Here is an important checklist that all smart and responsible consumers should follow:

1. Place a telephone call to the merchant's customer service line. If you can't find one, you can always try GetHuman.com or seek out additional forms of support such as a company like CSRegister.com, which may be help you resolve concerns that you may have with a company.

2. Visit the company's website and use the online forms of contact that are made available, whether that's a customer support contact form, a live agent, or simply an Email address listed which you can send a message to. 3. Be prompt. Make the initial call or email immediately. Follow up on any requests from customer service.

4. Once contact has been made with customer service, make sure you find out the company's cancellation policy and refund policy. If you're seeking a refund, make sure you confirm your eligibility as you may not be eligible for a refund if a certain amount of time has elapsed since your product was ordered.

5. If you have made contact with customer service and you are canceling an account, make sure to have the agent confirm your request with a cancellation confirmation code. If you make claim and request for a refund, and a refund is available, make sure you get specific dates and times of when a refund is to be expected. Typically companies will have a 7-14 day maximum refund expectancy, which is normal. If a refund is extremely important for you to have immediately and you feel that you are owed the refund ASAP for an inconvenience received, make sure to express this and seek for a manager's help in expediting a refund.

6. Keep copies of all emails and confirmations.

7. Get the name and contact information of your customer service representative, in case you may need to contact them again.

8. If necessary, ask to speak to the person's immediate supervisor for further assistance.

9. Above all, don't lose your cool! Keep calm and sincerely work toward an equitable resolution.

If you are a customer that is reading this and you have already tried customer service, but feel that we have failed you in some way or you feel you weren't treated fairly, please email crc@csregister.com for instant customer support, we will be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,

Online Customer Support Team

• By
      7th of Oct, 2009

Dear CRC Support;

Blow it out your WAZOO! FunWebProfits & Alternative Funding are nothing more than a SCAM. As far as "refunding" peoples monies, you send a FAKE email with a bogus reference number and NEVER return the FUNDS you've stolen!!!

Ain't that right HABIB!!!