Funsdy.com / Illegal use of e-mail

1 Alberta, Canada Review updated:

I recently got reamed out by a few friends stating that I sent them an e-mail form funsdy.com. I went to my hotmail account to see the e-mail (my friend forwarded it to me) Below is e-mail - they even had my name at the end:

Dear friends:
- Do you need famous brand of electronic products with original quality and international warranty?
- Do you want to start your own business career for money making ? What ever you are a small personal business or largest wholesale entity we also can provide your support to be our stable customers or agent.

- Here is a very good shopping site: funsdy.com

- It involves the world of popular electronic products, agents of the brands have DELL | SONY | HP | IBM | APPLE | PANASONIC | LG | SAMSUNG | CANON | NOKIA | MOTOROLA, and other mainstream international brands.which market is mainly in Europe, America, south Asia, Australia and Southen America. There is much profit for you if you are our stable customer or agent.

- WEB: funsdy.com

- MSN:funsdy@hotmail.com

- Email:funsdy@funsdy.com
- Kind regards !

Hope to your good news and Family harmony!

Yours sincerely,

Jessica

2009.5.19

Trying to contact company...no luck yet.

Je

Comments

• Sp
      20th of May, 2009

Welcome to the club. I just experienced the same situation, from the same company. Checking Hotmail found the email sitting in my Sent folder, and I definitely did NOT send it.

I'm running every security scan I can over my systems to see if there is anything amiss.

• Ju
      12th of Jul, 2009

I just had the same in french(or some) from one of my friend...who did not send it to me as well!!!

• Sw
      13th of Jul, 2009

I received a different email from a cousin who did not send it. It came from her hotmail account which she does not use.

Chers amis,
    Le meilleur site: (funsdy.com) En Juin le meilleur cadeau pour vous:
    Surprise surprise = + surprise!
    MSN: funsdy@hotmail.com

Dear friends:
    The best site: (funsdy.com) In June the best gift to you:
    Surprise + surprise = surprise!
    MSN:funsdy@hotmail.com

Dela foton på ett smidigt sätt med Windows LiveT Photos. Dra och släpp

• Mo
      10th of Aug, 2009

I also had supposedly sent out an email. I was shocked to find something in my SENT folder that I never did!! So irritating and spooky. How can a company, especially from overseas, do this?! I also have a hotmail account.

• Mo
      10th of Aug, 2009

I also had supposedly sent an email advertising this Funsdy company. I have a Hotmail account. I can't believe that someone can actually use my email address...so irritating! I never authorized anyone!

• Jt
      11th of Aug, 2009

I had the below email sent from my hotmail account also when I was not even logged onto the computer.
    Does anyone know how who we can contact in regards to this?

Dear friend,

- I would like to introduce a really good company that mainly do the electornic products trade.

- Now the company is doing promotion, all of it's products are sold nearly as same as their cost.

- It redeners the best service to customers, it provide you original products which isgood quality, and what's more, the pricewill give you a big surprise!

- It is realy a good opportunity for doing shopping.Just grasp the opportunity, or there will be no more than that!

- The ~WEB~ address:funsdy.com

good nice day

• Ss
      15th of Aug, 2009

same thing has just happened to me - anyone know how to stop this?

23rd of Nov, 2009

me too, hotmail hijacked. you can check the originating IP of an address by right-clicking on it and viewing the message source. sure enough, the email (which was in the trash after it had been deleted from the sent folder, presumably by the hijacker) originated from the IP address 115.59.92.218, the owner of which is someone residing at #37 Wei Wu Road, Zhengzhou, Henan Provice, China. I'm not sure how to go about reporting this but these people need to be shut down!

• He
      21st of Dec, 2009
    Funsdy.com - Illegal use of my e-mail account
    Washington

This company used my e-mail to send this to everybody in my address book:
    Duty-free goods
    Hello!
    Dear friend´╝î
    Thanks for your reading the letter. I hope the information below will be helpful.
    We did foreign trade for many years all over the world and gained certain market shares and excellent reputation.
    We are a company selling electronics:
    mobile phones LCDTV Laptop Motorcycles
    digital Video Mp4/Mp3 GPS PS3
    We promise excellent quality and challenging price.
    there will be more surprises are waiting for you.
    For the family, for the friends, for yourself to choose one best gift,
    having a memorable experience.