FunMobile.com / Unauthorized charges!

They keep charging me and they keep sending me messages on my cell phone which they say that I agreed to resume my account every week, which is false cause I never give an approval how do I stop this outlandish service?

Comments

• Ar
      23rd of Dec, 2006

I don't want to keep receiving text messages from FunMobile.com any more and i would like to cancel any subscriptions or and or terminate service with FunMobile.com

• Th
      10th of Jan, 2007

A click here box came up on a website I was on, for free ringtones. I clicked it but nothing happened, so I logged off. I have never used any or received any services from this company (funmobile). I just received a text message from funmobile saying that I owe them 19.95 for the next month. I cannot find a way to keep them from billing my cell phone.

• Da
      19th of Jan, 2007

I'm surprised with this, when they send message to my mobile they collect money in my account directly why? If I have not decide to buy FunMobile.com ringtones. Leave my credit in my mobile.

• Nn
      6th of Feb, 2007

I received a txt from fumobile saying my value club was renewed and they took 5.99 out of my phone!!! But i have never downloaded there application and have never heard of them!!! I try to call with the number that sent on the txt but there all doing something and they say to leave my name and number and they will call back!!! What type of s*** is that somebody is [censored] up!!!

• Mi
      20th of Feb, 2007

I have never actually used anything on funmobile except for one time and that one time is now on my bill forever! I did cancel it but yet I am still being charged an extra $21.00 on my bill for the last 2 months. This is not right, if someone cancels what they have subscribed to then you people should stop billing people for something that they are not even using. I have contacted my provider and I will be contacting this place. I want my money back for the last couple of months of paying it but never using it! Talk about scammers!

• Da
      22nd of Feb, 2007

I finally got it to stop by txting STOP to 99621. I dont know if there are any cancellation fees *crosses fingers*

• Ge
      26th of Feb, 2007

I entered my cell number on a website and was bombarded with pop-ups one of which was funmobile.com. In attempting to close out all of the pop-ups I somehow became a subscriber for text jokes and ringtone downloads.

I was very surprised when I received my cell phone bill with almost $30.00 in charges from this company. I never downloaded any ringtomes and received many unwanted text jokes. I called their customer service department and spoke with a person in Australia (customer service). The company is apparently located in Hong-Kong. they unsubscribed my number but refused to refund the charges stating that I authorized them to charge me.
    Beware of this company!!!

• Br
      9th of Mar, 2007

I ordered a Van Halen ringtone and after i completed the order for the ringtone, heard it and everything online. The last step said i would receive information in an email. When i received the email it stated that indicated i had subscribed to this daily joke service, but nothing about my ringtone. I immediately, responded stating i did not want this text message service, and still received it. I never received the ringtone, just these annoying lame jokes, daily at 6 am. I am thinking about talking to an attorney about a class action suit, as many people as have had these issue it might be bigger than silicone breast implants. This is obvious online Fraud, and i sent something to attorney general office here in California.

13th of Mar, 2007

Went on another web site to check balance of account. FREE ringtone offer, clicked yes. Text rec'd. NO RINGTONE. Getting texts daily, said I ordered text service from them... DID NOT. Canceled today said there was $5+ charge from service... Refuse to pay for service not ORDERED.

21st of Mar, 2007

I was on the web and a popup came to me saying FREE RINGTONE, so i clicked on it and thought it would be cool to give my boyfriend one so i entered his number and just like bret said the last step said i would get an email about the ringtone. Low and behold the email came talking about a free joke service that would be added to his phone... no fine print about costs or any links to a website to read more about it. There was nothing! so i ignored it... my boyfriend gets the lame jokes early every day and today he got one saying that his subscription was renewed... @ 5.99 a week and 29 a month this is bs and they should be stopped!

21st of Mar, 2007

Oh ya, also he never got his ringtone! and he is very angry with me for it charging him for the jokes. (sorry my spelling and sentencing was bad in the last one I'm too pissed to care)

• Ke
      31st of Mar, 2007

Yes, FunMobile.com keep sending me this stupid jokes that i never agreed to in the first place plus they send me like 3 to 4 txt messages a day. I'm six dollars a day on this and i never agreed to it. So what can i do to get them to take me off the list or what ever?

• Po
      2nd of Apr, 2007

Want to know where to find this ###? Try CTIA. Calling the FBI attention, capture this half Chinese pig and save millions of American victims.

By the way, this half Chinese half dog animal breed is from Hong Kong.

-----------------------------------------------------

At CTIA 2007, Funmobile announced its plans to expand into the United States. At the same time Christian Heilesen, CEO of Funmobile announced their new line-up for this year.

"We are very excited to begin partnerships with carriers, agencies, and other channels to more fully distribute our mobile entertainment products in the US. We are confident that our portfolio of original IP - primarily in the form of mobile games and applications - will continue to appeal to US consumers looking for unique entertainment experiences on their mobile phones," said Christian Heilesen, CEO of funmobile. "The combination of funmobile's expertise in the creation of mobile entertainment services and strong relationships with carriers and other distribution channels will result in bringing the highest quality and most entertaining mobile services to consumers throughout the US."

Funmobile’s key CTIA mobile games for this year are “3D Drift”, “Jail Break” and “Rome: The Throne of Destiny”. Also already proven popular titles will be pushed to North America like “Fitness Bible: For Girls” and “Yoga for Beginners”.

• Po
      2nd of Apr, 2007

Here are some gangster operators work with funmobile, gang bang spamming and raping consumers using the pop-up ads, kids accidentally entered phone number using free stricks, spam email, spam SMS, services you cannot cancel, over price service once subscribe you feel cheated and it's like day light robbery. Capture and put this disastrous spammer to and end.

Gang bang spam supporter of funmobile include: Aliant, Bell Mobility, Fido, MTS Mobility, NorthernTel, Rogers, SaskTel, Telebec, TELUS Mobility, Virgin Mobile Canada.

For your information, this hong kong pig also use fake company name to get away from paying music licenses, named Funmobile 8383 Limited.

• Am
      23rd of Apr, 2007

This so called "company" is charging my account without my consent and when I try to complain I get no reply or the # I called hangs up every time. Im going to call my lawyer in the morning and get to the bottom of this. We should all file claims against this [censored]whole of a "company". I swear I wont stop till something is done!! Funmobile.com is a scam !!! I want my money back for these lame a*s "jokes" they keep sending to my cell phone via text message. I never asked for this service and its not right to make unauthorized withdrawals from my account .

• Eu
      7th of May, 2007

I tried download a free ringing tone and after which a pop out showed thanking me for my subscription. I immediately texted back to cancel it. I called the t-mobile company about this matter and gave me a number to call for the cancellation but it was only a ringing tone.

• Me
      26th of May, 2007

I have been trying to cancel funmobile for the past 2 weeks i never asked for this service and if its not canceled i will start legal proceedings.

• Ke
      25th of Sep, 2007

In accordance with the Mobile Marketing Association's (MMA) Consumer Best Practices Guidelines, Funmobile requires a "double opt-in" which means the consumer must complete a two-part process of soliciting service before the subscription can begin and charges can incur. First, a cell phone user must enter his/her cell phone number on our web page, and agree to our Terms of Service. Second, after receiving an SMS reply from Funmobile, the user confirms their subscription by either inserting a unique PIN code (received via SMS) on the web, or by replying YES via SMS from their cell phone. The user is ONLY subscribed to the service if they have completed this second step confirming that they wish to proceed with the subscription. This "second opt-in" ensures that users own the mobile phone number that is being inserted on the web page and that they have the handset in their possession when subscribing. Therefore no third-person number can be subscribed to Funmobile unless they have permission from the owner to use that cell phone/cell phone number and as a result can confirm the subscription as per step 2.

* TERMS OF SERVICE
    Complimentary Ringtone offer is only for compatible handsets on AT&T Wireless, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, Cellular One, Centennial Wireless, Sprint PCS, Nextel, Alltel, Boost and Cincinnati Bell.This is a CSW Poly Ringtone, Color Wallpaper, Joke subscription service. By signing up for this service and by entering your personal PIN Code which will be sent to the cell phone number supplied by you on this website, you acknowledge that you are subscribing to our service. AT&T WIRELESS will be billed monthly at $19.99 and receive credits for 14 Poly Ringtone. T-MOBILE, CELLULAR ONE AND CENTENNIAL WIRELESS will be billed monthly at $9.99 and receive credits for 5 Poly Ringtone. SPRINT PCS will be billed weekly at $5.99 and receive credits for 7 Poly Ringtone. NEXTEL AND ALLTEL will be billed weekly at $5.99 and receive a daily Joke 5 times a week. BOOST will be billed monthly at $6.99 and receive a daily Joke 5 times a week. CINCINNATI BELL will be billed monthly at $9.99 and receive a daily Joke 5 times a week. VERIZON WIRELESS with MMS and Polytones ringtones compatible cell phones will be billed monthly at $19.99 and receive credits for 8 Poly Ringtone and credits for 5 Color Wallpaper , other users with incompatible cell phones will be billed monthly at $19.99 and receive a daily Joke 5 times a week. All plans are subject to the Terms of Service. Games, Monophonic Ringtones, Operator Logos, and Picture Messages are not supported by T-Mobile. Users under 18 years of age require parents permission. Unused credits will not be rolled over to next month. Normal carrier charges (WAP, GPRS, SMS, MMS) apply. The charge will be billed on your wireless phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. For help send "HELP" to 71769. To cancel your plan, send a text "stop" to 71769 at anytime. In case of questions please contact customer service at care@ringtonetimes.com or call 1877 225 1198. Other Charges may apply.

• Jt
      16th of Oct, 2007
    FunMobile.com - Unauthorized charge!

I received a $20.99 charge for "Data" on my Verizon phone bill. I called Verizon and a very nice gentleman spent about 35 minutes with me sorting the problem out. He said the charge was from a company called "CWS", but when I googled the number, 71769, that he gave me, I was sent to funmobile.com on the "Complaints Board" website. First, he had me text/dial 71769 and enter the word 'stop' in the text box and then send the text. I immediately received a reply that service was canceled. (I sincerely hope it is!!). The gentleman then credited my account the amount charged. Hope others fair as well. I have never heard of this company and do not know how this thing ended up on my phone.

Regards, JT.

• De
      21st of Nov, 2007

THIS SITE IS A SCAM!!! Verizon and funmoble are in this together to make money off people who will sit back and do nothing but I am not one of these people and I am going to the media to let them know that this site will steal money from you.